This little heater works, but it is a fire hazard! One winter, we were having some work done on our heating unit. The man working on it had to go, and he wasn't coming back until the next day. My husband rushed to the store to buy a few heaters to get us through the night. He bought this one for our bathroom. We used it through the night and the next day. It worked fine for us. The next winter, my son had busted out a small piece of his window. We didn't have time to have it fixed that day, so my husband put this little heater in his room. About two hours after bedtime, my son came in my room to ask me what I was cooking. I woke up and realized there was burning smell coming from his room. It was the heater! I quickly unplugged it, and as I did, blue sparks came off of it. I looked around the heater to make sure my son hadn't put anything to close to it. The entire area around the heater was clear.