4.8
Home and Garden Websites, Flowers and Gift Websites
High Country Gardens

Read 7,363 Reviews

Disappointed

I've had better luck in previous years from this company, but this year's plants were quite disappointing. First off, most of the plants were downright puny and most arrived completely out of their pots. Bad enough, but it did give me a look at the root systems. Despite supposedly being grown in deep pots (= you'd think, better root systems), most of the plants hardly had any roots. They were more like seedlings or recent cuttings/divisions. While the Hesperaloes looked reasonable, the Oenotheras were a disaster and died within a few days. These are not cheap plants, and I don't feel I got got value.

Chicago, IL

Somewhat floppy

I bought two caryopteris at the same time and planted them side by side in the same soil. The descriptions both used words like compact and the size was the same. First Choice remained more dense and upright whereas Dark Knight flopped in the middle. I'm going to take it out as I don't have time to give mid season trims. Bees love caryopteris.

Eugene, OR

Dog Tuff grass

Two years ago, we replaced our front lawn with Tuff Grass. It does fill in quickly, prevent weeds, require little water, not much mowing and has a short growth habit. It does however, stay dormant (brown) 6-7 weeks longer in the spring than the more popular grasses, and goes dormant long before them in the fall. I am giving a 3 star rating because High Country Gardens is a wonderful company and I have ordered from them in the past with great results. But I did not see in the Tuff Grass description anything about the longer dormancy period. We are in Zone 6 at 2500 ft elevation.

Idaho

My first home and High Country Gardens

I bought my very first home , and did not want any landscaping. I want to do it myself. Gardening is my passion and therapy. I ordered 8 plants from High Country Gardens. I received them individually wrapped, there were still moist and in loving condition. I could wait to get started with them. I intent to do all my gardening with High Country Gardens. You all need to try there Yum Yum fertilizer it's better then Miracle grow!

Phoenix Az

true

Zinnia grandiflora gold and blue

There was a really tiny and unhealthy looking plant that arrived. Not even sure that it WAS a plant in there. Nothing grew.

Denver

false

We buy this Salvia every year!

We love this Maraschino Salvia and hope that HCG never stops offering it. I plant 10 of them into our patio garden every year for the hummingbirds!

Lincoln, Nebraska

true

Found what I needed quickly.

Found what I needed quickly.

Good

Good

US

WEb site much improved for internet ordering.

WEb site much improved for internet ordering. Used to be awful.

US

This seller never disappoints.

This seller never disappoints.

High Country Gardens