View more dehumidifiers

Other Dehumidifiers:
GoldStar
DH504E
GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier

The Goldstar dryed out our basement

The Gold star dehumidifyer dryed out our damp basement. I can feel confident storing things down there. The connect for the drain was a little hard to figure out, but we were finally able to make it work. My only wish is that it had a longer cord. Its hard to move it to places that need it without running a long extention cord.

hliegl

Marion, IA

true

One of the best economic dehumidifiers

I was in need of a dehumidifier because of my other one had failed to work.  We had a tremendous amount of rain and a lot of humidity in the air, this thing works like a champ.  It is a bit noisier than my other one, but the performance is much better than my original one.  Very worth the amount of money it retailed for.

chicubsfan69

Swanton, OH

true

Problems within 2 months

Before I bought this dehumidifier I was talking to a salesman and I asked him if the one he carried was quiet. He replied that it was only quiet while the unit was off! I thanked him for his honesty and realized that a quiet dehumidifier is probably an unrealistic expectation. Given that, this one is noisy but probably no noisier than any other. I bought Goldstar DH50 and it seemed to work OK for the first two months. But then it started cycling every three minutes after it reached the humidity level that I set. On/Off/on/off/on/off etc........ Thinking that this might not be healthy for the unit and my electric bill I called Goldstar and asked if this was normal. Phone number (800) 243.0000 The nice guy in India/Pakistan went through all the normal stuff that didn't answer my question and we finally came to finding a repair place. All the places that he suggested were too far away. I was thinking that I might just take it back to the store and he said that I could do that but he also said that if there isn't a repair place that works for me that he could put in a request for a closer one. He said that I should get a call back within about 5 days. (Today being Monday and he hoped for Friday.) I am choosing to do this as I really want a dehumidifier that works and I think that exchanging it might just get me the same problem.

ducktight