3.5
Over-the-Range Microwaves
GE
JVM1540SMSS
GE 1.5 cu. ft. Over-the-Range 950 Watt Microwave Oven

Summary

Convenience cooking controls - allow cooking and reheating at the touch of a button Auto and time defrost - automatically defrosts for a specified amount of time Turntable on / off - ideal for oversized, oblong-shaped dishes Two speed, 300 CFM venting system - quickly removes smoke and steam from the cooktop Removable oven rack - makes multi-dish cooking possible 10 power levels - offer maximum cooking flexibility, from warming and reheating, to the full speed of microwave cooking at high power

Great Microwave

Works great overall, I have it just above the oven with no problem. The self cleaning well, except for every so often I need to actually clean up a few things the self mechanism didn't get out. We've had it a long time but never had a problem with it. It's still working well. Performance As stated above, it's still working in great order. No problems. Settings/Features I like the settings/features that come with this unit. The only problem is when instructions indicate to use a 50% power speed to continue with heating/cooking. I cannot find out how to do that. Ease of Cleaning Very easy to wipe up and clean. Ease of Use This item is very easy to use (except for the 50% power I mentioned above). It took a while to get the hang of the clock but now that I understand it, it not a problem. Durability Still working strong. Never had to call for service on this item. Design I have not found any problems with the design other than the 50% power speed I mentioned already.

Delray Beach, FL

false

This is a basic microwave.

We have had this microwave for approximately one year and so far have not had any problems with it. However, it definitely is not top of the line. When we made this purchase we wanted a microwave that was somewhere in between, not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. It is getting the job done okay. We have noticed a few minor problems with it. First of all, the door does not seem very sturdy. It wobbles when you open and close it. I guess this isn't too big of an issue as long as it doesn't break. Another problem we have noticed is that the timing on the preset buttons is not accurate. For example, if we use the popcorn button to pop a bag of popcorn, the popcorn always ends up burnt. We never had this problem with our old microwave. Also, when we use the preset buttons to warm up a plate of food, it never heats the food through. This microwave also comes with a wire rack. However, I have never had need to use it. It may be useful to somebody else though.

Saint George, UT

Great microwave

My husband and I decided to buy this microwave when we renovated our kitchen. We previously did not have an above range microwave and considered it a must for our new space. After about a month of researching our options, we decided to go for this one. We really like the GE name because of the longevity and useful life of current and past GE products we have owned. This microwave also has a removable shelf, which I like, so I can cook two things at once. Although, I wish it was a little higher up because sometimes I do have to remove it to heat plates of food. I also find that the vent fan works quite well, and since it is an above range microwave, that was something that was important so the steam from our pots wasn't going to warp our new cabinets. We have had it for right around 2 years now, use it constantly, and have not had any issues with it's performance. It definitely has not been a disappointment.

USA

true

Good product at a good price.

Just enough bells and whistles to keep you happy. Works great over the stove and heats evenly. Easy to clean interior. The exterior is pretty unremarkable but the function is great. Exhaust fan is pretty loud on it's high setting. Would definitely buy again.

USA