I bought this dehumidifier for my mom who just bought a house. She was having a terrible mold problem in her bedroom and closet. She was getting frustrated because the mold was cropping up everywhere. She is a nurse so she has lots of expensive dansko clogs which cost a fortune. She lost one pair because they molded so badly. I heard about using these for small rooms and closets so I decided to give it a try. It works wonders. She is no longer having mold growing on her shoes and clothes. She has it in the doorway to her closet, and it's even keeping the mold out of the bedroom as well. It's a fairly small room, but it does work for the whole area. If you are having issues with mold it's definitely worth buying one of these. Mold can ruin your stuff, and it's not good to be breathing that in either. I am going to buy a second one for myself for my bathroom because it's so moist in there and gets smelly. I think it's well worth the price.