Other Body Lotions:
Burt's Bees
Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

As nifty as a bee's knees

I was always hearing about Burt's Bees products in general so when I was given the opportunity to sample this one, I jumped at the chance. There wasn't really all that much in the sample but, here's my take on it. The lotion is nice and creamy in nature and consistency. It has a very airy scent to it that tends to linger but not in a bad way. It's very enjoyable to bask in it's smell. The lotion easily blended into my skin too. There wasn't any of that after applying lotion greasiness - residue left on my hands at all. I can smell the honey in the lotion. This is a very high quality lotion that smells really great.It provides an extended scent that lingers, it has moisturized my skin and had the ability to keep it amply moisturized for quite a while. The very fact that it is real, natural milk and honey really makes me feel even better about the lotion and, the brand as a whole. I will definetely be a customer of Burt's bees Milk And Honey Body Lotion as well as their other products. In my opinion, Burt's Bees Lotion is worth it's cost because of it's overall quality of ingredients. Absorption no greasy residue

Not a fan

I usually love all of the Burt's Bees products, but the Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion was a huge disappointment. To be fair, I hate lotions to begin with. I'm not a fan of how they feel, but because of my chronically dry skin, they are a necessary evil. While trying many different lotions, I came across this product and decided to try it since I like so many of their other products. First off, the scent was too sweet smelling to me. My dogs were trying to lick it, it smelled so sweet. Secondly, the lotion was too watery. Not at all a normal lotion consistency, it was almost a liquid. Third, it would just not absorb into my skin at all. I tried to rub it all the way in for five minutes before I just gave up and washed it off. Even using soap to rid my skin of the lotion, it left behind a greasy residue. This wasn't a cheap lotion, and I'm disappointed to say that I feel as if I've flushed my money down the toilet.

false

Tingly and sensational. Very nice moisturizer.

I love the fact that this is a product from Burts Bees which means it's all natural and organic. It smells amazing and goes all over without causing any irritation. It is milk and honey but to me it actually smells like mint, which I thought was odd, but it isn't unpleasant. My boyfriend bought this for me because he actually enjoys the smell, which is very rare. I can even apply to his sensitive skin without any fuss. The lotion is a little thicker and goes on smoothly but you do have to work it in pretty good as your skin wont just suck it up like some cheaper lotions. The small bottles are a bit more expensive but youre getting quality ingredients from a trustworthy company. The lotion keeps me hydrated for hours. I can apply after a shower and still feel hydrated and smooth the next evening when it's time for another shower. Very highly recommend this product. Great for elbows, heels, and hands too. Wouldn't recommend for the face, or at least not the nose. Seems to clog my pores a little, which could be from the beeswax or something in it. Scent I enjoy the scent. Smells more like mint and adds a tingle. Absorption You have to work it in yourself a bit but it does absorb well so long as you don't glob it on. Effectiveness Super moisturizing. Leaves my skin surface feeling moisture rich as well.

true

Aromatic and soothing body lotion for normal to dry skin.

This lovely moisturizing lotion was given to me as a gift. As the daughter of a Dermatologist and someone with sensitive skin, I'm very picky about what lotions I'll use. I absolutely adore this moisturizer for my hands and forearms. I don't know about using it on your face, but in the evening, when I'm ready for bed, I apply to my hands and it moisturizes and provides relaxing aromatherapy as well. Scent It's a soothing, aromatherapy-like scent. I am sensitive to smells due to my chronic migraines, and this scent has never bothered me. I can't quite describe "milk and honey"... but I'd put it in the same natural-scent category as Lavender and Eucalyptus. Absorption This makes my hands soft and supple without leaving any greasy film. It is absorbed within a few minutes and my hands aren't greasy when I touch my phone, they're just soft. My cuticles in particular like this! Effectiveness My hands are incredibly soft and the thickness applies evenly without being too wet or too greasy.

nice smell, mediocre performance

I received this lotion as part of a gift pack. I enjoy the smell, which is sweet in an almost edible way. But sometimes I think it is a little cloying. And I wouldn't want to smell like it all over. But the lotion itself is not particularly moisturizing or nourishing. It is thin, not particularly rich or creamy. I have to reapply it frequently, and it doesn't improve my skin with usage. it is a better body lotion than it is a hand lotion. I like it best for arms and legs. I also would not use the lotion on my face, but I have very sensitive skin. This may be gentle, but not gentle enough for my face. The absorption is rapid. But the effect is not long lasting. I never purchased this for myself after trying it when I received it as a gift. I like the brand but this lotion is not their most stunning product. Also, it dries and gunks up easily in the tube. And I am not used to lotions losing their "freshness" but perhaps it is a sign of natural ingredients?

true

Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion. I am not a fan of it.

This was a lotion I had higher expectations of before actually using. I own a bottle of this lotion going on two years now. I disliked this product so much that I literally only used it twice and never again. The scent of this lotion is one I'm not fond of at all. I absolutely can not stand the way it smells and do not want the scent of it on me. The aroma reminds me of old milk combined with honey and sugar. Not a smell I fancy. The consistency of this lotion is also something I can not stand. After applying this to my skin, it feels very tacky, thick and greasy. This lotion is pungent in aroma and after using some it will permeate and make everything you touch smell just like it. Scent I do not like the scent of this lotion, it's a smell I can not get use it. Absorption It takes a while for this lotion to fully absorb into the skin. It is often left as a white layer on top of the skin unless you rub it in really well. Effectiveness The effectiveness of Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion is minimal. I do not feel this product does anything special to pamper skin.

true

Moisturizing, wholesomely scented body lotion

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion has a clean, wholesomely smelling honey scent. You wouldn't think you could smell honey, but this lotion actually has a nice, warm honey scent! More importantly, this lotion is moisturizing and nourishing to the skin. It has a fresh feel about it, and all of the natural ingredients work together to give you an effectively moisturizing lotion. Drawing from the Biblical allusion, this lotion is literally flowing with milk and honey, both of which have remarkable healing and moisturizing qualities. Burt's Bees products always deliver, and this lotion is no exception. You can be confident that you're giving your skin the nourishment that it needs. Scent Wholesome and refreshing smell with notes of honey. Absorption Absorbs well into the skin, and is easy to apply and massage into the skin. Effectiveness Leaves the skin feeling freshly nourished and moisturizing, just like the bottle says.

true

Really does last 24 hours.

My skin is very sensitive, I'll try a lotion use it for a few months and it will start giving me a rash. I've been using Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion for a year now with no problems at all. Scent The scent is light and doesn't cause any problems with my allergies. Absorption Absorption is fast but leaves your skin feeling moisturized and without any greasy feeling. Effectiveness I use more when my skin is dry and less when I just need a little moister after a hot bath it works great for both situations.

Doesn't irritate

I love the Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion. It smells amazing and I have to resist myself from eating it! When I applied it on my dry legs, it made my dry patchy skin go away. Also, the products in the brand Burt's Bees are natural, which I like.

nice texture and scent

I highly recommend this product, it has a nice texture and scent (not too strong) and I love the fact that it doesn't have any parabens or chemicals in it. Very moisturizing as well. The texture is a little thicker than other products on the market but it is quickly absorbed into the skin and it works really well for my dry skin that tends to get even drier during the winter. This is a good product for anyone that is looking for a natural/no chemicals/colorings etc. product that provides a high level of moisture with a thick texture. Nice scent as well, that isn't too strong over overpowering. I definitely prefer this product to the other burts' bees moisturizers or facial moisturizers which tend to be a little bit too thick and greasy. For example, the milk and honey hand cream is a little bit too greasy on the skin and takes a while to absorb. Same for the facial creams which seem to sit on the skin and give it a greasy sheen. Not so for this moisturizer, quickly absorbs into the skin leaving no weird greasy residue or sheen on the skin.

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion