I signed up with this brand and did not realize that I was signing up for a repeat charge. It is a total scam. The cards aren't great and you can buy nicerr cards cheaper anywhere and send them through snail mail for less money. What a total waste of money!!!!!!!
Bluemountain.com is an awesome website dedicated to ecards and print at home cards. They have greeting cards for every occasion you can think of and they range from humorous to serious. I love that you can personalize your cards specific to the recipient so it makes it so much more special. A membership is only $19.99 a year and you can send ecards and print as many cards as you want. With two kids I print lots of thank you cards and lots of grandparent cards and I love that I can personalize them. The quality of the cards is great and if you use card stock paper they look store bought.
Ease of Use
It is pretty easy to figure the site out. Just select the theme of the card you want and select from there. The personalization is easy, just fill in the blanks with names, dates, or personal messages.
Thousands of cards to pick from! I always find the perfect card on here.
It is $19.99 for a one year membership. If you buy a lot of cards it pays for itself in no time.
Very helpful if you have any questions on how to print or personalize.
Shipping and Returns
You print at home or send cards by email so there is no shipping.
I have never had a problem with this company.
I was torn between rating this company as a 3 or a 4. The reason is that they are good, but there is also room for improvement. The beads and jewelry findings I have ordered through this company have always arrived as promised. I have never had a problem with the ordering process, the shipping, or the company for that matter. Everything I have ordered has come as expected. There have (quite shockingly) been no surprises with the beads, etc. ordered. I have pleased with the company and have no complaints. That being said, I have no raving reviews either. They certainly do not go out of their way for a customer to make you feel welcome or that your order makes a difference to them or that they even appreciate it. This company definitely lacks the "warm fuzzies". I would suggest for them to work on the customer service aspect of their company. I would also initiate some kind of rewards program for customers.
nice but club is a SCAM
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR SERVICE...stops working after "FREE TRIAL" and they will NOT refund your money...was told to send the card to myself and forward it as filters are installed at holiday time....no one got my Valentines. Cannot print live chat and they cannot email because "of security reasons"...I have screen prints though.
BlueMountain will rip you off!
Beware of BlueMountain.com's free trial offers. Even after cancelling my trial only 5 days into the 15-day offer, BlueMountain charged me for an annual membership anyway. I followed the cancellation link they provided, entered the necessary information, and was informated that my account had been cancelled. I was still charged and BlueMountain claims that they will not refund any membership fees. Take home point: DO NOT sign up for any offers by this company unless you plan on paying $15.99.
E-Cards: The Top Five Online Choices for Procrastinators
Greeting cards can brighten anyone's day and recipients are always appreciative of the thought, the message, and the effort that goes into finding just the right greeting card for the occasion. In the past, finding a greeting card could prove to be a grueling task because it required making a special trip to a specialty store or other retail outlet that sold greeting cards; picking up dozens of cards to read; and possibly going to a different store if the right card could not be located. The physical demands, as well as the time commitment, made many people forgo a greeting card and convinced many to make a simple phone call instead.
But now that we have this glorious tool known as the internet, there is no excuse for failing to send a greeting card on the different special occasions throughout the year. Many different greeting card sites exists with cards that are easy to search, offering messages and backgrounds that can be customized and a place to attach a personal message, making the card a unique representation of one's true feelings. Hundreds of greeting card sites can be found on the world wide web, and I have used many of them over the past ten years. There are several favorite places to find an online e-card for a special occasion. Let's take a look at a few of my favorites:
- 1. [Bluemountain.com] : Possibly the best- known and most popular online greeting card service, Bluemountain.com offers both electronic cards and print cards to suit its customers' varying needs. Bluemountain.com offers hundreds of cards and if you have difficulty tracking down the right card for the occasion, Bluemountain.com offers its users the ability to create their own greeting card using Bluemountain.com's template service. They even offer greetings in other languages. Bluemountain.com offers thousands of combinations for greeting cards, but my favorites are those that include interaction because they can often be quite colorful and eye- catching. Users also have an option to add a gift to each card upon completion, with gift options like candy, flowers, and stuffed animals. There is, however, one drawback to Bluemountain.com greetings: Payment of a yearly membership is required for many of the electronic greeting cards and for all printed greeting cards.
- 2. [123greetings.com] : Among all of the greeting card sites on the internet, 123greetings.com is the one I have used more than any other. Part of the reason for my loyalty is the longevity of this service (it has been around for a long time with no signs of slowing down), but the main reason I still come back to 123greetings.com is that it offers FREE online electronic greeting cards. Not only that, but there are thousands of greeting cards to choose from and 123greetings.com has expanded its offerings over the years to include many more categories than before. Some cards are funny while others are serious and they all offer the option to customize not just a personal message, but also the background color, font color, font style, and font size. There is an option to add an electronic gift card at the end, to seal the surprise. 123greetings.com appears a little cluttered on the home page, due to the large number of greeting cards offered, and one has to make sure their web browser is set to allow pop- ups, since pop- ups are so common with this site. There are a few minor inconveniences, but with so many options and with everything offered FREE of charge, most users won't mind.
- 3. Mushygushy.com: Want to send a personalized card complete with photo? If so, then consider Mushygushy.com. What makes Mushygushy.com fun to use is that it offers something unique compared to other greeting card sites: The ability to download pictures of people and attached the person's head to a greeting card. As you might imagine, this can make for some fun, entertaining greeting card moments. Take the head of a male co- worker, for example, and attach it to the animated body of a bikini- clad female or attached a friend's head to the body of a baby. This greeting card service requires registration to use, but the registration is free and doesn't take long to complete. Most recipients will be pleasantly surprised when they open a greeting card and find their own face on the card. Assuming they have a sense of humor (and most people do, when sent an electronic greeting card), Mushygushy.com is sure to make your card recipient laugh or at least crack a smile.
- 4. Perfectgreetings.com: This is yet another free greeting card service and it ranks high on my list of greeting card choices when I want to send an e-greeting quickly without having to think or make decisions on customization. There are plenty of greeting card categories in Perfectgreetings.com, but there is little or no customization. You select a card, enter your name and e-mail address, enter your recipients e-mail address, type a message, and send. There is no option to select different colors or attach a gift. This makes Perfectgreetings.com a good example of a no- frills greeting card service and I often turn to Perfectgreetings.com when I'm in a hurry and want to send a card quickly. Perfectgreetings.com does make you put up with the occasional advertisement (often a video will start playing when you click a greeting card category) and it is common to have to select "Click Here to Skip This Ad" as you browse the card categories. But I still like Perfectgreetings.com for its selection, its quickness, and its zero cost.
- 5. Greeting Card Universe: This greeting cards service is similar to Bluemountain.com greeting cards in that it offers both printed and e-cards. But this site is different in many ways. First, Greeting Card Universe is an educational site, with historical information, celebration facts, and assorted trivia on different holidays; how the holiday started, what special meaning they hold, and what people do to celebrate. In addition to this, Greeting Card Universe brings together artists and card buyers, with many unique cards brought to you by artists around the country. These special, artist- enhanced paper cards carry a fee, but the e-cards at Greeting Card Universe are all offered free of charge.
Online greeting card services once ranked among my most often visited web services on the internet. I still use them, but with less frequency than in the past. Today, when I access an online greeting card service, I am usually making a more serious effort to connect with someone; in contrast to the past when I would send an e-card for any reason or no reason.
On those occasions when I send an e-card, the five sites listed above are the ones I visit most frequently. Free sites are still very appealing (for obvious reasons), but greeting card sites that require a small fee should not be ignored. Often, these sites that require paying a fee offer more interesting cards and more customized features. Sometimes, they will have exactly the greeting card you're looking for, easily justifying the small annual fee (typically, less than $2 per month) to join.
One of the common criticisms directed toward greeting card web services is that an e-card is impersonal in nature and cannot convey the same depth of feeling as a paper greeting card. This attitude is becoming less and less common as more and more people resort to e-cards to send greetings. E-cards, in fact, offer the sender the opportunity to express himself/herself in a very personal way, and the ability to customize a card makes them a good choice for creative types. I used to feel the same way about online greeting services when I first started using them. But I quickly realized that personal feelings were just as well- communicated electronically as in print form. Recipients of my cards felt the same way.
Online greeting card services offer many other advantages that make them superior to the local Hallmark store. One is the convenience- you can send a card anytime you want, for any reason, to any recipient with an e-mail address. Cards can be sent immediately, or (in most instances), you can select a specific day to deliver your e-card. Online greeting cards also help to save paper and they don't require spending money on postage. Another nice feature (related to convenience) with online greetings is that they offer a means for procrastinators to send a greeting card at the last minute. The card will go through immediately, so those who like to wait until the last minute still have a chance to get a greeting card to a friend, family member, or co- worker before the important day has passed.
Online greeting card services have changed over the years. Consumers have demanded more tools, more choices, and more customization and the online greeting companies have responded with thousands of cards and the ability to create a card exactly the way you want it with just the right words to express your feelings. I don't expect paper cards will ever disappear from use, but they are certainly less popular than in the past and the five online services listed above are partly to credit. These sites, and others like them, offer fun, engaging, creative, and thoughtful greeting cards for hundreds of different occasions. A few clicks of a mouse and a little bit of soul- searching for the right words are all it takes to send the perfect online greeting to a loved one, friend, or co- worker.
Cards May Be Nice But Try Cancelling Your Membership!
I, like others, thought these cards were cute and signed up for the trial thinking how fun it would be to send friends and loved ones cards now and then. The cards aren't the problem here...it's the business ethics of the company. Yes, you have to give them a credit card before starting the trial..this is standard. But when the trial is over and you decide you don't want to use the service anymore just try to cancel your membership! If you can even find a "contact us" section you learn that there is no way to e-mail the company and for "Security Reasons" you cannot cancel your membership over the internet but only by phone. Upon calling the phone number provided you go through the usual "Press 1 for more options" and when you dial the specified numbers for an operator are told "this is an invalid option".I got desperate enough and went to the BBB site (Better Business Bureau) only to find that there are over 100 complaints out about this company. I did find a person's name on the BBB site and tried again with the name to call and cancel my membership. At the "Enter the person's last name followed by the first" prompt I was again stonewalled with "This is an invalid entry".So I have now spent over an hour and a half trying to cancel a membership that should have taken three or four mouse clicks to accomplish. This company's policy to not cancel memberships on-line for security ireasons s bogus and dishonest. WATCH OUT!!!
Oak Bluffs, MA
Great place to find E cards.
With the cost of postage constantly going up, and since the majority of people these days do have a computer, sending E cards has become more popular.
This site offers a great selection of E cards that you can personalize and send online. You can select the date the receipient receives the card and in some instances, you can even add a specific song or type of music, to the card. They also send you a confirmation when the recipient has picked up your Ecard.
The cost for an annual membership to Blue Mountain is $13.99. This membership allows you to send as many E Cards as you like. If you send a lot of cards, this option is for you.
The site also offers another option: The Create and Print membership allows you to select cards online and print them on your computer at home and send them through the mail or hand deliver to the recipient. This membership costs an additional $19.99 per year.
I selected both options this past year, and actually only used the Create and Print option a couple of times. So, for the coming year, I am only going to renew the Regular Membership that allows me to send ecards.
Besides the price, I have enjoyed working with this site and would recommend it to others.
P.S. I always get comments back from the recipients of the Ecards I send them, as these Ecards are unique.