1.4
Other Rental Cars:
Advantage Rent A Car

WORST Car Rental period!!!!!

I had a 4month old baby I had to carry FOR A MILE in the cold (in November) to the airport in the middle of the night from the drop-off location at Raleigh-Durham Airport. That's all I am going to write here. I have my lawyers lined up for them. 1. Horrible customer service (Lisa) 2. The car had issues with tire pressures 3. Worst roadside assistance 4. Didn't deliver as per their commitment 5. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY as there are hidden fees and a total scam. 6. They are goin under business and so ripping people off left and right

RDU, North Carlina

Awful, Unhelpful, Liars

After many times of telling the man at the counter that we did not want their insurance because we had our own, and also asking him if it was included in the total he said no mam it is not this is just a deposit. He scrolled the screen so my husband could sign not letting us look at the information, and not thinking we took his word and he lied to us and charged us for the insurance 209.03 which I was told was just a deposit. I called to tell them that I did not want the insurance they told me they could give me 20% off I refused and asked to speak to a manager I was told they would put in a complaint that I should receive and email within 24 to 48 hours if I did not receive it to call them back. I never received the email so I called them back today an explained again what was going on the man on the phone told me that they got an email back from the manager stating that we sign the paper, I told them him that we were told that it was just a deposit that this is ridiculous and asked to speak to a manager I was told to hold the line, a moment later he got back on the phone and told me there was no one available to take my call that he could give me 20% back. I told him no that we had our own insurance and told the guy at the counter that we did not want their insurance, he told me that if we didn't want the insurance that we shouldn't of returned the car, I replied with if we would of did that we would of got arrested he said once we returned the car we agreed to any charges, which is total bs. I told him just to refund the 20% and I would make sure I would tell everyone I know that they are Liars!! So Beware If You Rent From Them. I will go elsewhere. TOTAL BS!!!

PA

false

I would rather walk than rent from Advantage again.

This is absolutely the worst car company to rent from. NEVER, EVER again. Long wait for car that was reserved. Flat tires. Extra toll charges.

Tampa, Florida

NO STARS! HORRIBLE PLACE!

We arrived to pick up our vehicle (Chevy Suburban) that we reserved on Oct 18th through Oct 22nd and they would not give us the vehicle. We drove 45 minutes to the airport for this specific vehicle. So last minute we were without a vehicle for our trip with family in town putting us in a big bind. They said because we lived in Arizona we could not rent a Chevy Suburban from them that we had to live out of town. They had our vehicle there but would not rent it to us even though they made the mistake by allowing us to reserve this specific vehicle with our in town address. We paid and reserved this vehicle 1 month in advance!!! It took us driving around town for 2 hours to find another Chevy Suburban available to rent and we ended up having to pay double the cost due to the last minute rental. So wrong on all levels that they did this.

PHOENIX ARIZONA

Rent somewhere else

I am an insurance agent and I rented the car through SouthWest Airlines website. Because I decline the "Extra" insurance and "tank of gas", the associate hit me with $200 retainer fees. $200 for a $23,000 car. Really? And his excuse is he needs to see the car back in one piece. If I brought it in two, what will happen? You will take the $200!! This is A SCAM.

Raleigh Durham International Airport-RDU

Shame on them

I think this car company is named appropriately! They like to take advantage of young adults who have never rented a car! I sent my daughter on a graduation trip and she rented a car from Denver airport. The young lady who rented the car to her told her she had to have a 6 cylinder car to drive in RMNP. Even though my daughter brought her proof of insurance in which she is covered for rental cars that "customer Representative " told her she had to have their insurance. She ended up putting $700 on a 5 day rental on to her credit card. Do you know how long that will take a college student to pay off!!!! Silly me I forgot to tell her they work on commission and they would try to take "advantage" of her. Shame on them!!!!

denver co

false

RUN RUN RUN.... don't walk! HORRIBLE!!!!!

Run and don't walk! Horrible Service! Went on-line earlier and booked a rental car for three days thru Expedia for my daughter. The charge was $98.00 for a total of three days. We opted out of the "additional" insurance coverage because we didn't need it. Dropped my daughter off at the airport to pick up her rental. I drove back home, when I arrived my daughter called stated that they would charge her more for the additional coverage. I told her NO we don't need it we are covered, she then tells me that they want to see proof of our insurance!!!! I had to drive back to the airport, park in short term parking and get up to the Advantage Counter. Only to be greeted by an unprofessional women who had the nerve to take my insurance policy and enter it into their system. When I told her not to do that she said it was just there policy. Then proceed to tell us that there is a 250 mile limitation on the rental. Because Locals get charged additional mileage unless you are traveling into San Antonio then you don't have the limitation..... you get unlimited. Then she proceeded to tell me that many locals don't even return the cars and thats been a problem and Advantage Rent a Car is going to start making it very very hard to rent cars from them. I told her that when we booked this online it stated "unlimited mileage" and asked her "what other under hidden surprises do you have"??? She smirked as if all this was funny! After she asked us five different times about their insurance coverage and waiving it. I finally told her....do not ask us that again! We have full coverage and we don't want your coverage. When the deposit amount was presented ($200.00) I said "what choice do we have"! When I said that, she then said " you know what? I don't like your tone! And I'm not going to rent to you. So, she cancelled our rental. We walked to another counter and thank God there are still professionals. The young man greeted us, was calm and helped us immediately. Less

San Antonio

WORST RENTAL CAR EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Rented a car for 3 days at $38 a day and ended up paying over $400. When I asked not to buy any extra insurance they charged me almost $25 a day as a "waiver fee"! I take the liability and I have to pay them! Then they charged me $50 to "process" $1.72 in toll fees. STAY AWAY!

Montrose, Colorado

Horrible customer service

We asked for the auto fill for gas/return empty. But our agent Brook must not have recorded it. Upon returning the car we were checked out by the worst customer service person I have ever met - Robert. He refused to help in any way and wanted to charge us over $100 for gas. Despite our protests he basically told us "your tough luck" we finally were given the opportunity to go buy gas and return. Before we could respond Robert "closed us out". He refused to give us that option or help in any way. This was in the Austin, TX airport. These people are rude and dishonest. Advantage has a rating of 1.5 out of 5. I have no idea how it could be that high. They are the worst. We will never rent from them again. In particular I recommend you choose another car rental agency in Austin.

Austin, Texas

bad experience

That was my first and last time I rented a car from Advantage. This was the worst customer service I have experienced. They were trying to cheat me on the bill. They are very dishonest and do regret that had to deal with them.

Boston