4.1
Other Men's Deodorants:
Axe
AXE Antiperspirant/Deodorant Stick - Phoenix

AXE Antiperspirant/Deodorant Stick - Phoenix A Must

I'm definatly an Axe man I love this one I always get the sets when I can there all good smelling there long lasting a relaxing smell

Muscatine, IA

true

Axe Dry Gel Invisible Solid Essence Smells Good, but.....

Axe is a company that makes many good personal care products for men and while I like most everything with the Axe label, I have come across a few items that are a little more average than I would prefer. One of them is **Axe Dry Gel Anti- Perspirant and Deodorant Invisible Solid Essence**. **Deodorant Commentary:** Axe Dry Gel Anti- Perspirant and Deodorant Invisible Solid Essence is an underarm protection product fron Unilever and it contains ingredients designed to keep you dry and protect against odor. The product includes the active ingredient Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY to protect against odor and wetness. Axe Dry Gel Anti- Perspirant and Deodorant Invisible Solid Essence is a solid deodorant and it is only slightly wet when applied, but dries quickly. It has a very nice, masculine scent and most anyone who tries it will agree that the smell is quite fresh and appealing. It performs well at eliminating odors and this alone will be enough to convince most men to try it. As I stated, I like most Axe products but I have discovered a few that are flawed in some way and Axe Dry Gel Anti- Perspirant and Deodorant Invisible Solid Essence is one of them. The problem with this product is that it doesn't offer much protection against wetness. Even the slightest amount of physical activity will result in wet underarms. The wetness quickly transfers to your shirt and, depending on the type of shirt being worn, is easily visible. There is no smell, which is good, but the wetness clearly shows. **Bottom- Line Viewpoint:** Axe Dry Gel Anti- Perspirant and Deodorant Invisible Solid Essence has a nice smell and does control odor, but the wetness control isn't very good and I am a little surprised that parent company Unilever has not done more to rectify this problem. I wondered if I was the only person with this concern, but from reading other reviews, it is clear than I am not alone in my criticism. As long as you do little to no physical activity when you use this product, you should be fine. But if you know you will be physically active at any point during the day, then this is a product to avoid.

Houston, TX

true

This Axe scent makes my wife crazy

As much as I enjoy the scent of Axe products, it is hard to find a product that it effective. **AXE Antiperspirant/Deodorant Stick - Phoenix **smells great and keeps me smelling great, but it seems to lack in the "keeping me dry" department. It do not get far into my day when I start to notice my shirt getting wet, although I still smell nice, I miss the wetness protection offered by other products. However, the best thing about this deodorant is the scent, my wife just adores it. Apparently it works very well with my body chemistry and intoxicates her in way. I like the stick/packaging, and there is a decent amount of product in it. I do think it is a little over priced for a deodorant. Axe seems to be very *proud* of their products.

Whitesburg, TN

true

smells good, but not the best for odor and wetness

We all know that Axe products smell great, but this does not make them work. Just because my underarms smell nice does not mean that they are dry. I have found that Axe Dry Gel just does nothing for me. It is like I just rubbed cologne (in stick form) under my arms. My underarms still sweat just as much as they would have if I had not put and deodorant on. I also think that Axe deodorant just kind of covers up the body odor smell instead of nutralizing it. I did notice on occassion that my underarms would smell like a mixture of cheap cologne and sweat, sick. I think it would be better to smell like sweat! Maybe this would be a good product for a 12 year old who is just starting to need a deodorant, but I can not see this working very well for many men.

Candler, NC

false

Axe Phoenix is the best!

I would cycle through different axe smells and let me say this is the only one that I like to buy. I own this fragrance in spray form and body gel form. Axe overall smells great and it's true the ladies do love it! There may be some cons to it but I feel the pros outway the cons. You get a long lasting smell, its efficient, the packaging is pretty cool (they have changed it a lil since a few years ago), and girls cling to you once they smell it (LOL). Cons, yea its pricey... and inr eality thats all that I see thats wrong with it. It may fall apart but to my knowledge most DRY deodorants would do that to me. If you dont want to risk it falling apart then they do have the gel line and I suggest trying that.

Houston, TX

true

Great product, Love smelling fresh and staying dry

Axe body poducts have always been a great value for me. They offer a wide array of products each with a unique smell, and variety is always welcome in this market. I found that the phoenix scent was a good one for me. I have used both the deodorant stick and the spray and I love both. They work as advertised and is not too strong smelling. I prefer to wait until there is a good sale on axe product as they are a little bit more expensive than some other brands you typically see in the aisle. I have not experienced any problems with applying this product and I highly recommend it. After using this deodorant you will smeel good, feel good, and be confident that you will stay dry for the whole day.

Pittsburg, CA

my favorite

I am a female and i love it because it works all day! it smells great too the only cons are it falls apart, the entire stick will crumble once in a while, it is kinda expensive and if you have sensitive skin it itches really bad but it works great i have never found one that works and smells as great as this one, it does not leave you with gross feelings under your arms, it does not stink, it does not stain clothes, it is invisible its great my roommates use it too and they are female as well its great for everyone not just men i promise you, you iwll love it just becareful because after shaving it tends to sting really bad for about 10 minutes.. but it will be okay just don't use it right after you shave wait aabout a half hour or more.. thats what i do and it doesnt hurt at all. TRY it i promise you male or female its great and you can't even smell it at all after wearing it for 10 minutes so you dont ahve to worry about somebody thinking you are wearing guys stuff.

Enumclaw, WA

true

My favorite scent in the Axe line

First of all, I'm sure the burning question that you're having if you're taking the time to read this review is, do the ladies really jump all over you if you use Axe? Unfortunately, I have to tell you that it's an advertising scheme and doesn't quite work like that. But what about the product itself? I guess Axe could be considered a "premium" deodorant because it is generally priced higher than some of the more traditional or generic brands. I like it personally because it's one of the few brands that doesn't cause my armpits to break out after extended use. My wife says that's because a lot of deodorants contain aluminum, but Axe deodorants don't. For the comfort and smell, I'm willing to pay a little more for a product like this. Although I'm generally the guy who tries to find any way possible to save money here and there, there are some things in life that it's just not worth skimping on, and I believe that deodorant falls into that category.

Denton, TX

AXE ESSENCE IS GOOD

AXE dry gel anti perspirant and deodorant invisible solid, essence scented is a good deodorant choice for young adults. The smell is pleasant and the anti perspirant rarely fails. The price is usually comparable to any other brand out there, although AXE runs a lot less coupons than most competitors. Price aside, AXE deodorant is a great overall deodorant. The deodorant is white and goes on white, but stays clear and rarely leaves any sort of white marks on tshirts that I have had problems with other brands. The scent is pretty long lasting and as I have mentioned pleasant, not phenomenal, but good enough for me. AXE is advertised for young adults exspecially and is really perfect for that age group. The deodorant stick itself last quite a while. Additionally, you can really find it any where deodorant is found. I would recommend this to males looking for a pretty good quality deodorant, exspecially young adults as it is advertised for.

Lake Villa, IL

AXE Antiperspirant/ Deodeant Stick works well

My fiance is very picky about the antiperspirant/ deoderant he uses and after reading several reviews about different ones, I thought I would pick up some of the AXE antiperspirant/ deoderant stick for him to try.  I picked up 2 different scents of the antiperspirant/ deoderant a couple of weeks ago and brought them home for him to test out and see how he liked them.  His favorite scent right off the bat was the Phoenix, so of course that was the one he wanted to try out right away. Once he tries the other scent, Kilo, which also smells great to me, I will review it as well.  He has told me that it has worked well so far and that he really does like it.  He also said that it has worked all day and he has not had to reapply during the day like he has had to with other brands in the past.  Overall, I would definaltely recommend this brand and frangrance to anyone looking for something new to try.

Huntersville, NC