2.5

2.5

Middle of the Line for an Up & Up product

from reading pa

Comments about up & up Aloe After-Sun Lotion:

I would say this is a middle of the line type of product from up & up. I often substitute name brand items with up & up but I am not sure I would do it again with this aloe product. It says that it is comparable to one of the larger companies that provides aloe products, it definitely is not as good as the name brand one. When using an aloe product I expect a certain smell to come with it, this did not have it. Overall, I would fork out the extra couple bucks and get the name brand next time.

The smell does not smell like it states it should. I thought it was going to be more tropical and more aloe smelling. This reminded me of lathering myself up with some type of medicine.

Absorption
It did go easily into my skin. It did not leave a greasy residue afterwards either.

I felt a little bit of relief after using this product, but it was very short lived. Other name brands offer relief for much longer periods of time. I did not feel like this worked as well as it could have.

• Absorption:

I am throwing this "after-sun" lotion in the trash.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about up & up Aloe After-Sun Lotion:

My friend gave me **up & up Aloe After-Sun Lotion** because she was cleaning out here cupboards before a cross-country move. Never one to turn free stuff down, I gladly accepted it from her. Little did I know I would be throwing it in the trash soon after.

The bottle says, "Compare to Banana Boat Aloe Aftersun Lotion", so I was expecting something tropical and skin-quenching. I got anything but.

Not only does this product NOT smell like anything tropical, it smells like a gross, generic Jergen's lotion. The kind you find in your grandmother's bathroom - cheap, functional and not nice smelling.

Absorption
The highlight of this product was how quickly it absorbed. Not sure if it was because my skin was parched from being burned over the weekend or if this always rubs in so nicely, but it rubbed in effortlessly.

I am giving this a poor rating for "Effectiveness" for several reasons. 1) It contains mineral oil and parabens. Two gross ingredients, BUT, mineral oil a.k.a. petroleum, does not let your skin breathe. It coats your skin creating a barrier, which is the LAST thing you want to put on a burn. 2) The other ingredients in this product are nothing special. Yes, it contains aloe (towards the end of the ingredient list), but you can find a much better product that contains much better ingredients.

• Absorption: