Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

up & up Apricot Facial Scrub

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Love this invigorating and aromatic product

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

I love the sweet, but not overpowering smell of this product. I usually only use unscented products, but I make an exception for this. It is just the right texture - not too rough. I can feel is soaking into my pores and cleansing them. Leaves my skin feeling so clean and moist.

Effectiveness is immediately noticeable.

Ease of Application
Just as easy to use as soap or any other cleanser, but I don't use it every night. Once or twice a week.

Convenience
Not messy because it is in a tube so doesn't melt like soap. Easy to apply and rinse off with a washcloth.

Side Effects
No side effects and I have sometimes sensitive skin.

Immediacy
My skin feels moist and smoother immediately.

Works well

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

This product works really well. I use it once a week to exfoliate my skin. I would recommend it for that purpose. It gets rid of dead skin cells and makes my skin soft and smooth. It usually works for me right away. After using it, my skin feels instantly clean and hydrated. It really gets rid of all the dirt and cleans out my pores. I would not use it to treat acne because it irritates my skin if I use it for that purpose. Basically, it's good for cleaning and exfoliating the skin, but I wouldn't use it to treat any serious acne. I have also used St. Ives. I would prefer to use St. Ives over this product. However, these two are basically the same thing. I don't really see much of a difference between the two. They both have the same ingredients, and are intended to do the same thing. For me, they both have the same effect. I would use either one, but I just prefer St. Ives. Each one works fantastic though.

• Immediacy:

Nice store brand face wash.

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

I am very into skin care and educate myself well on products before placing them on my skin. The biggest problem I face is that skin care products are incredibly expensive. That is why I decided to try this Apricot Face Scrub from Up & Up. The price is significantly lower than the name brand face cleansers and the results are very similar. I had a good experience with this face wash. My skin is very oily and I am constantly fighting acne. This face wash did a great job at really getting my skin clean without drying it out. It kept the oil off my face all day. It also helped my breakouts stay clear. It did not completely unclog my pores but it did make my skin look good. It also made it feel really soft. It is definitely a great face wash for the price. I would highly recommend it if you are looking to save some money.

I found it effective at keeping my skin clean on my face. It also helped if feel really soft and smooth. It was not as effective as other face washes at unclogging my pores. However, I did not experience major breakouts while using this.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply to your skin.

Convenience
I found this really convenient to use. I used it in the shower in the mornings.

Side Effects
I did not experience any negative side effects while using this.

Immediacy
It worked pretty quickly for me.

• Immediacy:

This works well but also can be too strong.

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

This product gives you immediate results but I sometimes felt like it was too harsh on the skin. When you have small acne problems on your face, this product that almost immediately take care of the acne. But it can also be a bit too strong for the areas that are not affected by acne. The scrubs in the solution are on the bigger side and if you rub it too much, it can hurt the skin on your face. I think it is effective but you should try to control the strength when you are rubbing this against your face.

This is effective in dealing with the acne and I could see the results pretty fast.

Ease of Application
You just need to add some water and rub it on your face. But make sure you don't do it with too much power.

Convenience
This is easy to use, apply and also wash off.

Side Effects
This gets rid of the acne but also seems to damage other areas that are not affected by acne.

Immediacy
This is very good if you want immediate results. But you should be aware that in the long term, it may be too strong against your skin.

• Immediacy:

This scrub works just as good as the more expensive brands.

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

I started using Up&Up's facial scrub soon after it first went on the market, and since then I have not been disappointed. The first thing I noticed was that the usual amount of acne I have on my face began to lessen within the first few weeks of use. Secondly, the facial scrub has helped to make any breakouts I may have less severe. This product is not only helpful with acne, but also beneficial for those who tend to have oily skin as it has effectively aided in reducing the amount of oil that builds up on my face throughout the day. Up&Up is a great for exfoliating and the apricot smell is quite soothing when applying. I would suggest applying the scrub in the shower as it can be slightly annoying to remove if it gets into your hairline, but aside from this it is a great product. Not only is it a quality facial scrub, but it also is light on your wallet and a superb substitute for the more expensive name brand facial scrubs.

Great Sub In

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

This Up&Up face wash is a great sub in for the name brand St. Eve's. I bought this face wash to use because the cost was so much cheaper than getting the name brand. Once brought home and started using it, I really could not tell a difference between this one and the name brand. It really helped with scrubbing and preventing and getting rid of blackheads. I was very happy with the smell, it says apricot smell. I do not think it has a strong overpowering smell to it. Once you wash it off there really is no scent left. One downturn to this product is the beads are very hard to wash off. If you are using this product just at the sink and not in the shower you really have to try and get all the bead like wash off. I usually end up missing some no matter how hard I try. I think this is a great preventive and actual face wash. It does what it says it will and at a much cheaper price than its name brand competitor.

Really scrubs and helps to clean deep into your skin to get the black heads out and prevent them.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use. A dime size of this wash will go a long way and all you need to do is put it on a washcloth and wash your face as normal. There is no trick in using this.

Convenience
Does not require multiple steps, very easy to use.

Side Effects
I do not really think that there are any side effects. I have sensitive skin and have never had an issue with this. Did not make me itch or break out more.

Immediacy
After a few uses I saw a response. Did not take weeks like some other products.

up & up Apricot Facial Scrub: Effective stand-in for St Ive's

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

Living in South Florida, the skin on your face takes an awful beating year-round.  The sub-tropical sun, even in winter plays havoc with your skin.  And, then when you find refuge in your air-conditioned home, the cool dry air subjects it to even more abuse.  The result is dry dead or dying skin cells.  You need to exfoliate.

For years I counted on St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, starting my day with a shower and a thorough wash of my face followed by a rub using St. Ive's.

Earlier this summer I found myself shopping in our local Target.  Right beside the St. Ive's was a tube of **up & up Apricot Scrub** for considerably less.  up & up is Target's house brand.

**up & up Apricot Scrub**

Sold in 6 oz. tubes similar to those used by St. Ive's, a comparison of the ingredients of these two products is identical.  And never being one to pass up an opportunity to save some coinage, I was an easy sell.

**Performance**

If you're familiar with St. Ive's, you'd be hard-pressed to discern a difference between these two products.  The creamy formulation has an identical feel to it with the mild abrasion supplied by the walnut shell powder and the corn meal.  There is the slightest of difference between the fragrances, with the St. Ive's being just a touch fruitier.  Little matter since the fragrance of each is very short-lived.

**My Viewpoint**

If you're a fan of St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, but are looking to increase the mileage of your money I recommend you give **up & up Apricot Scrub **a try.  You won't be disappointed.

Rudi

great scrubbing power for cheap price

from Culver City, CA

Comments about up & up Apricot Facial Scrub:

I love that target has they're own name brands for less than the known name brands. I am pleasantly surprised to find out that the up & up facial scrub for blemishes and blackheads is just as good and in my opinion better than St.Ives facial scrub. Maybe it's because helps remove oil and dirt that clog pores and it's for oily skin. It is also oil free with salicylic acid. But my favorite of all reasons for loving this facial scrub is because the price is great and affordable while at the same time keeping my skin well exfoliated and youthful looking. I love the idea that this affordable scrub is made with fruit and nut shell ingredients. it is a well known fact that exfoliating your skin is a great way of getting rid of dead skin cells that can make your skin look dull and is even the cause of breakouts,well that and the oil and dirt that gets trapped on the surface in the pores of your skin causing skin flaws. Thank god for affordable exfoliates like up & up.