Other Misc. Automotives:
thule
thule THULE FORCE-XL CAR TOP CARRIER

Summary

THULE FORCE-XL

CAR TOP CARRIER

thule THULE FORCE-XL CAR TOP CARRIER

Futuristic-Looking Mommy Gamechanger

from Sonora, CA

Pros

• Good Looking
  • Lockable
  • Spacious
  • Water tight

Cons

• Bulky To Remove
  • Reduces Gas Mileage
  • Tricky to install

• Haul Luggage
  • Make Room For Groceries
  • Save Baby From Krypton
  • Store Cargo

Comments about thule THULE FORCE-XL CAR TOP CARRIER:

I love my Thule Force XL Car Top Carrier. It fits beautifully on the roof rack of our Hyundai Santa Fe. Plus it has a really cool futuristic Star Trek-ish feel to it which, in my opinion, actually improves the look of my vehicle. More importantly though, the added cargo room that it provides is invaluable. With three young children, the cargo area of our SUV has become the permanent home of a double stroller, a couple baby carriers, diaper bag and crate of toys. The Thule gives me a safe, dry lockable place to transport groceries and diapers from the big box warehouse stores. Plus on the rare occassion that I get to go out with my friends sans kids, the Thule has plenty of room to tuck all three car seats away to make room for grownups. I love that it locks too, so I feel like whatever cargo I'm hauling up there is totally safe. All in all, the Thule Force XL Car Top Carrier is a game changer for parents of multiple kids. I constantly wonder how I survived without it.

• Was this a gift?:

Functional and cool!

from Denver, CO

Pros

• Aerodynamic
  • Easy To Install
  • Fits lots of stuff
  • Opens on Both Sides

Cons

• Ski trips

Comments about thule THULE FORCE-XL CAR TOP CARRIER:

I debated over this Thule rack and a Yakima rack for a while - I'm glad I chose the Thule!

It's easy to install - weighs under 50 lbs. You do need someone to help the first time to figure out the crossbar spacing on your roof, but then it's simple to attach the box.

I really like that you can open and lock it from both sides of your car. We fit 4 pairs of skis easily, plus assorted other gear. The aerodynamics seem to work well - the inside of the car doesn't get a lot of wind noise, nor do we see any significant decrease in fuel efficiency. Therefore, we don't feel bad leaving it on the car in between ski trips.

• Was this a gift?: