2.4
temp-tations
temp-tations Old World Bakeware

temp-tations Old World Bakeware

2.4

Pros

• Bakes evenly (4)
  • Dishwasher safe (3)

Cons

• Difficult to clean (3)

• Casseroles (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4)

Wouldn't Go without it, a must have for any kitchen

I purchased a set of Temptations Bakeware in 2007 and I fell in love. I have since purchased 2 other sets and some accecsory pieces. I use this bakeware for various dishes and displays at least 4 or 5 times a week. I have found that they hold up to everything and clean up SUPER EASY!. Even burnt on cheese comes off with just a bit of warm water. I have even started to purchase small sets and give away as housewarming and wedding shower gifts. I read some of the other reviews that stated they noticed stress fractures in the bakeware and I hate that these individuals had a bad experience, but I have never had this issuse. I asked around to a few of my freinds who also own Temptations and they deny any such issues as well. In response to some of the reviews stating that the lids do not fit, the pamplet that comes with the bakeware states that the lids were not designed to fit snuggly. They were designed to allow for ease of stacking.  Happy Baking.

Temptations Bake/Cookware

The Temptations Company will only tell you what they want you to know. After all, are they really interested in the consumer's safety or profits? "Money" is the end result of this enterprise as with others. I have read on "Safer Products.gov" where the lead content was tested and it was positive on a Temptations product. When the company was notified their only explanation was that, "It must have been defective." Well if the product line is LEAD FREE then why was did it test positive? Does not this make you question the integrity of the company? I watch QVC's "In The Kitchen With David" regularly; I have never heard Tara or David discuss the "China Made, Lead Free" issue at all. You would think they would for the consumer's safety, wouldn't you? I will not purchase any as I consider the products unsafe and on an extra note...I do not like the patterns or colors. What ever happened to simplicity in patterns and the color "white"?

Cracks easily

from Oklahoma

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly
  • Dishwasher Safe

Cons

• Difficult To Clean
  • Does not last long cracks

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

Not a good product cheaply made.

Eventually bakeware cracks

from ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Non-Stick
  • Pretty designs

Cons

• Cracks in oven at temperatures under 400 degrees

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I have invested in these pieces, but I will not bake in them anymore. I have used one of the bake ware sets for just over a year and a half. The bake ware is cracking. After seeing pictures of broken pieces with scalding hot food in them I checked my pieces. Sure enough mine are cracking also.

Not recommended

from Mission,Tx

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I've used this product for a year now, great for making a casserole but when baking on cookies wood stick and just today it broke, While baking at 350 degree temp. What a waste of $$.

I will not buy again. use 3 times and it broke in the oven.

from columbus, ohio

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Clean

Bad product

Cracks and chips

from Phenix city, Al

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe

Cons

• Cracks easily

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I started my kitchen collection bUT now regret it. Now they are cracking so I'm gonna need to go to a new product

I will not purchase this product again.

from Summerville, SC

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

This is a pretty set but two of the baking dishes broke in the oven. I will not invest in this product again, nor will I recommend it.

cracks

from Plymouth Meeting, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly
            • Non-Stick

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

Love the look of it but my cookware cracked after a few years. I probably used it once or twice a year when I made a casserole for staff breakfast. I am very dissappointed that something so beautiful won't last. I took very good care of carrying it in the metal container too. So sad... cracked when baking.

Really disappointed

from Sydney Australia

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly

Cons

• Cracked
              • Difficult To Clean

• Oven Roasts

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

Really disappointed after only 2 uses it cracked in the oven while cooking, it looks great just don't cook in it

love it but,

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I have a kitchen full of Temp-tations, lots of money invested over eight years of collecting. I do love it and also my husband. Lately, pieces have been starting to craze and crack. Just lost a piece today. One year warranty is great but, trying to replace pieces after that gets expensive. Im having mixed feelings about investing any more money into this collection.

Pretty but not reliable

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I own over 20 pieces of Temptations but I have had real problems with it cracking and "crazing" as they call it. When I call their C/S Dept., they never have the piece that I want replaced so I end up getting something that I don't want and frankly I am afraid that my other pieces will end up the same! When I purchased the Rachel Ray pieces, however, I have never had a problem with any of hers. So, think twice about purchasing this line because you might end up disappointed as I am!