2.5
temp-tations
temp-tations Old World Bakeware

temp-tations Old World Bakeware

2.5

Pros

• Bakes evenly (3)

• Doesn't Stick:

Wouldn't Go without it, a must have for any kitchen

I purchased a set of Temptations Bakeware in 2007 and I fell in love. I have since purchased 2 other sets and some accecsory pieces. I use this bakeware for various dishes and displays at least 4 or 5 times a week. I have found that they hold up to everything and clean up SUPER EASY!. Even burnt on cheese comes off with just a bit of warm water. I have even started to purchase small sets and give away as housewarming and wedding shower gifts. I read some of the other reviews that stated they noticed stress fractures in the bakeware and I hate that these individuals had a bad experience, but I have never had this issuse. I asked around to a few of my freinds who also own Temptations and they deny any such issues as well. In response to some of the reviews stating that the lids do not fit, the pamplet that comes with the bakeware states that the lids were not designed to fit snuggly. They were designed to allow for ease of stacking.  Happy Baking.

Temptations Bake/Cookware

The Temptations Company will only tell you what they want you to know. After all, are they really interested in the consumer's safety or profits? "Money" is the end result of this enterprise as with others. I have read on "Safer Products.gov" where the lead content was tested and it was positive on a Temptations product. When the company was notified their only explanation was that, "It must have been defective." Well if the product line is LEAD FREE then why was did it test positive? Does not this make you question the integrity of the company? I watch QVC's "In The Kitchen With David" regularly; I have never heard Tara or David discuss the "China Made, Lead Free" issue at all. You would think they would for the consumer's safety, wouldn't you? I will not purchase any as I consider the products unsafe and on an extra note...I do not like the patterns or colors. What ever happened to simplicity in patterns and the color "white"?

Not recommended

from Mission,Tx

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I've used this product for a year now, great for making a casserole but when baking on cookies wood stick and just today it broke, While baking at 350 degree temp. What a waste of $$.

I will not buy again. use 3 times and it broke in the oven.

from columbus, ohio

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Clean

Bad product

Cracks and chips

from Phenix city, Al

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe

Cons

• Cracks easily

• Casseroles

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I started my kitchen collection bUT now regret it. Now they are cracking so I'm gonna need to go to a new product

I will not purchase this product again.

from Summerville, SC

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

This is a pretty set but two of the baking dishes broke in the oven. I will not invest in this product again, nor will I recommend it.

cracks

from Plymouth Meeting, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly
          • Non-Stick

• Casseroles

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

Love the look of it but my cookware cracked after a few years. I probably used it once or twice a year when I made a casserole for staff breakfast. I am very dissappointed that something so beautiful won't last. I took very good care of carrying it in the metal container too. So sad... cracked when baking.

Really disappointed

from Sydney Australia

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Bakes Evenly

Cons

• Cracked
            • Difficult To Clean

• Oven Roasts

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

Really disappointed after only 2 uses it cracked in the oven while cooking, it looks great just don't cook in it

love it but,

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I have a kitchen full of Temp-tations, lots of money invested over eight years of collecting. I do love it and also my husband. Lately, pieces have been starting to craze and crack. Just lost a piece today. One year warranty is great but, trying to replace pieces after that gets expensive. Im having mixed feelings about investing any more money into this collection.

Pretty but not reliable

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

I own over 20 pieces of Temptations but I have had real problems with it cracking and "crazing" as they call it. When I call their C/S Dept., they never have the piece that I want replaced so I end up getting something that I don't want and frankly I am afraid that my other pieces will end up the same! When I purchased the Rachel Ray pieces, however, I have never had a problem with any of hers. So, think twice about purchasing this line because you might end up disappointed as I am!

Temptations Bake/Serve Ware

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

My first purchase was several years ago and I bought the solid blue nested baking dishes. They did well, although I usually only use them when I entertain (I live alone and the smaller pans work well for single servings). The solid blue held up reasonably well and I would give them a 3.

Subsequently I purchased various items with a pattern. Out of those purchases, including a large oblong baker, another nested set and a few individual serving pieces. All showed cracks after only one use. The large baker actually broke in the oven while being used to reheat a dish at 350 degrees. I only have two (originally 4) small dishes intact. Everything else has been tossed due to the cracks. These were "cracks," not "crazing." In pottery I view cracks as potential bacterial homes in addition to just plain old breaking hazards.

Needless to say I have been very disappointed in the performance of these items. Not my usual experience with QVC. Because these were used only occasionally, the warranty expired so they were tossed not returned.

Most pieces showed crazing, and cracking (serious in at least one instance-see full review). At no time were any of the items used in an oven hotter than 375 degrees.

When they are intact they clean as "advertised," very easily.

I liked the solid color best. Since most of my cookware is white I was looking to "spark things up" with the blue pattern.

Temptations Customer Service and Products

Comments about temp-tations Old World Bakeware:

When I used the Temptations products where the color white is in the bottom of the bake-ware, there are now holes or pits in the bottom and there is no way to clean down in the holes where the white used to be.

The customer service is terrible also. My credit card expired and they sent me a link to update my credit card information, but the link didn't work, so I emailed customer service with no response. About two weeks later they sent me another link, which did not work either, so I emailed them again with no response. To make this a short story I emailed them three times trying to resolve the problem and they never responded. Even though it was their problem why my information wasn't updated they turned my account over to a collection agency instead of answering my emails and correcting the problem. Until today I still haven't heard from them.

The bakeware did not clean up like they said.

Chips easy and doesn't hold up. You only have 30 days to return the products and I didn't use them until after the 30 days were up.

The design looks pretty, but after you cook in it one time, the bakeware will have pits in the bottom. Apparently when they make it there is bubbles in the bakeware causing the holes to appear after the first use.

Doesn't Stick
            Food will stick in this bakeware.
            I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE!