Other Insurance Companies:

Pros

Cons

2 months after accident and finally paid

Comments about State Auto:

Accident happened the week of Christmas. Other motorist cited and the agents would not return my phone calls until threatened. The agents also would not return the phone calls of my insurance agent either. Then after they started figuring out that it was another company calling to help us get the case settled the agents would hang up on my insurance agent. After almost two months of calling and trying to get everything done I finally received payment for 70% of cars value. Service that rates car value for them auction of cars and rate the value at NADA value for salvage titles but rip off customers. AVOID! Agents only work when threatened and you contact their supervisors. This was not just one particular agent that I was working with but two in two different departments. I just hope that if I am ever in another car accident that the other person does not have State Auto.

Customer Service
They never call back unless threatened.

Available Plans
You get what you pay for.

Great Rates

from Dallas, TX

Comments about State Auto:

We have had State Auto for a few years now, and everyone thinks it's Safe Auto whenever I'm listing it. State Auto is a much smaller company, which allows it to be super competitive with rates. We carry State Auto for homeowner's insurance as well as for both of our auto insurance policies.
Though we have been able to find slightly less expensive auto insurance policies, they always end up being more when we pair them with homeowner's. State Auto has been the most affordable by far.
With State Auto, I have an insurance agent who is just a phone call away to answer my questions and even run quotes for me. I have access to her direct line and don't have to wait for minutes of introductions and hold music. She once spent over two hours on the phone with me to explain my policy options.
The only reason that I did not rate State Auto with a 10 is because I have not yet filed a claim with them, so I cannot speak to their efficiency regarding that aspect. But thus far, I have really been impressed with everything else.

lowest price best service

Comments about State Auto:

After getting quotes from over 10 companys, I've been a happy customer for 6years. I chose statefarm because they gave the lowest quote by far. And Continue to be the lowest cost with the best personal service. Theres plenty of payment options to choose from. Whether you want to pay in person to your friendly representative or by mail or online. They have monthly installments too. I would (and have) recommend statefarm to everyone.

Customer Service
My friendly local representative is always happy to help. Ibring him cookies like an old family friend. He's knowlegeable, helpful and friendly. Whenever i have a question he doesn't hesitate find the answer.

Available Plans
They had alot of available options. On my budget i opted for the lowest possible auto policy with minimum tortso thats the only plan i'd know about but even on my small account i still recieve excellent service month after month and year after year.

• Available Plans:

Good price with auto and home insurance combined

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about State Auto:

I have been with this company for 5 years. It is a bit smaller company and I wonder if that could be a problem if there were a question on a claim. I have had one auto claim which was handled efficiently. There are many added benefits on the auto and home owners. I also get a discount being in the prime of life with added perks. One drawback is that it has to be purchased though an agent. I am currently looking for a different agent if I am to keep this insurance which is proving to be a problem trying to make that switch. However, the cost of my policy which includes collision, though I have an older car, has been much lower than any other quote I have received from other insurance companies.