1.4

1.4

Pros

Cons

Really sketchy, but won the lottery

I got 2 Xbox one controllers for $40, I was suuuper skeptical because the price seemed too good and the website just seemed kinda unorganized and "fraudy" so I was taking a huge risk when I spent my money. But come later the next week I recieved two mint condition Xbox one controllers saving over $80! It was a steal. Still most of the products are untested and are really sketchy. Also the shipping and handling is absolutely rediculous I spent over $20 on Just that to send it a few states over.... So in hindsight, I won the jackpot and I'm sure there are other items like that on the site, it's a hit and miss kinda thing

If you want to be screwed, use shopgoodwill.com!

I found shopgoodwill.com and thought I would love this site. I needed jewelry for my store for resale, and also felt good about contributing.

But I've been very...Read complete review

But I've been very disappointed.

For one, many stores are charging 12.64 FedEx shipping for a SINGLE PAIR OF EARRINGS, using FedEx. The shipping fee always includes a handling. The total is ridiculous! They could have used USPS and sent them in a padded envelope for 2.00.

Then I noticed that a ring I had seen before with bids had suddenly reappeared. I did a search about shopgoodwill and discovered that some users think the managers or employees are "shill bidding" to raise the price. That would mean if the employee won the bid, the item would go right back on the site. Nasty.

Next, you have no way of knowing who a bidder is. All you see is the first letter, and last letter, of a user name.

Some of the stores state they will not combine items. So I win the bid for a pair of earrings, and another pair of earrings, and I pay 12.64 twice? Give me a break.

Finally, prices for many pieces of jewelry are going suspiciously high. You can get the same thing on Ebay for so much less! Very suspicious. Either people who use shopgoodwill.com are clueless, or something fishy is going on as mentioned above about shill bidding.

Shopgoodwill.com comes across money-grubbing, lazy and dishonest. Beware, beware

Risky. Assume that the item is broken and bid according.

from Oklahoma

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

The shipping and handling charge is crazy high. The two items I bought were broken and needed repair. I have been disappointment with the service. Takes weeks to ship. I won't bid any more. I suspect shilling.

bid system

from Florida

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I had lot of bids. The bidder never see the correct time and other bidder amount. This is ridiculous! More times only $ 0.01 different the winner amount on the last 3 second! I think is not fair system! Please figure out the other way to sell because this very bad.

Poor service

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

They're lazy with shipping and overcharge for it.

Holding for friends

from Bristol Tennessee

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I have noticed some Items are for pick up only and they will not ship the item.I can understand that if it was a large item,but when there are other similar items like computer monitors and computer surround systems.It depends on the quality of the item if they will ship or in store pick up only.I have run into this at the Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region site on a monitor they had yet they would ship other low quality monitors same with a Klipsch Promedia GMX-D5 Computer Surround Sound they have.I feel like they have local pickup so one of their friends will have a chance to bid and win it...And i have seen the same thing others have posted items being jacked up on the bids as if someone from Goodwill is bidding to get the price up and the winning bid be close or more than the item cost retail..

I love this site and I have found great deals!

from Macon, Georgia

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I have bought Dozens! Dozens of things from shopgoodwill. They make a genuine effort to describe all the items and they have always been very helpful when I had a question about a particular item. They respond within a reasonable amount of time and provide the information honestly. My only complaint would be that the shipping is sometimes high but they have worked with me to offer economy shipping when it is available if I ask. Some locations do better with this than others. I have found some fantastic deals shopping this site. Highly recommend.

Really sketchy, but won the lottery

from Omaha NE

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

Dishonest and fraudulent listings.

from Auburn, WA

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I like the idea of the site, but with out a rating system many Goodwill stores get sloppy and sometimes out right dishonest in their listings. An example would be an item I bought was listed as a Silver Statue. When I received it, it did not have a drop of silver in it. If they had a rating system like Amazon or Ebay this would not happen. Please sign the petition asking Goodwill to ad a rating system for their purchases.

Shopgoodwill iffy at best

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I've bought a number of items off shopgoodwill.com and here's the good the bad. The good, sometimes 30-40% you will get a real bargain. That said, most of the time you'll get something incomplete, damaged or broken. A bit more bad... if you get something incomplete, damaged or broken Goodwill's attitude is generally "buyer beware", it's not our problem. You should have read the fine print. Don't bother trying to get your money back, you'll just raise your blood pressure for no reason. I find Goodwill's attitude confusing given that their mission supposedly is to train workers, instead it seems Shopgoodwill trains them to take no responsibility. In summary, use shopgoodwill if you have a high tolerance for risk and are willing to eat the loses.

if you want to "make a donation" not a purchase shopgoodwill

from bay shore, ny

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

i won a bid on shopgoodwill.com and paid for it immediately and they are stating that it is not paid for. i have emailed them my bank statement proving that the charge is there and they are claiming they can not find it. Really? had no problem taking the money, just don't want to pay up. im so disappointed in the costumer service here.

I'm sorry, but this is a joke, right?

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

So about a year ago I bought a lego set as a gift from this place for $78, with claims that the box was slightly dinged, and a vague description reading "IT LOOKS ALRIGHT". Keep in mind that the set retailed for $140. Call me cheap, but if I have a chance to get something for less I'll take it. Also, the boy's parents were okay with it.

Later on, I found out that the seller wants $20 shipping. I was slightly shocked, but I reassured myself that I was still getting a good deal.

Fast forward 2 weeks, no sign of the seller shipping the item or replying to 3 messages I sent and a boy's birthday a week away, I still told my stressed self "at least I am getting a good deal". The next day, the item shipped and afterwards I no longer told myself that again.

An additional week passes and the boy's birthday is 2 days away and I get one of the most cruel, sickest jokes ever; a completely wrecked and shredded up lego box sloppily wrapped with tape and a shipping label slapped on top with pieces freely flowing in the box lands on my doorstep. I'm sorry, but where did that $20 shipping go to other than into a random manager's bank account?

After this abomination landed on my doorster, I threw it in my closet and went to the store to buy the set, which I should have done in the first place.

Some time after the boy's birthday, I decided how the heck I was going to get rid of the joke in my closet. I contacted the seller and after being told I would have to pay for shipping, and that not all my money would be refunded, I ended up somehow getting in a heated argument in which I was personally insulted and I typed back with the most unpleasant words I have ever typed which led to my account being permanently disabled.

In conclusion, don't use this site unless you want a bad time.