1.4

1.4

Pros

Cons

Really sketchy, but won the lottery

I got 2 Xbox one controllers for $40, I was suuuper skeptical because the price seemed too good and the website just seemed kinda unorganized and "fraudy" so I was taking a huge risk when I spent my money. But come later the next week I recieved two mint condition Xbox one controllers saving over $80! It was a steal. Still most of the products are untested and are really sketchy. Also the shipping and handling is absolutely rediculous I spent over $20 on Just that to send it a few states over.... So in hindsight, I won the jackpot and I'm sure there are other items like that on the site, it's a hit and miss kinda thing

If you want to be screwed, use shopgoodwill.com!

I found shopgoodwill.com and thought I would love this site. I needed jewelry for my store for resale, and also felt good about contributing.

But I've been very...Read complete review

But I've been very disappointed.

For one, many stores are charging 12.64 FedEx shipping for a SINGLE PAIR OF EARRINGS, using FedEx. The shipping fee always includes a handling. The total is ridiculous! They could have used USPS and sent them in a padded envelope for 2.00.

Then I noticed that a ring I had seen before with bids had suddenly reappeared. I did a search about shopgoodwill and discovered that some users think the managers or employees are "shill bidding" to raise the price. That would mean if the employee won the bid, the item would go right back on the site. Nasty.

Next, you have no way of knowing who a bidder is. All you see is the first letter, and last letter, of a user name.

Some of the stores state they will not combine items. So I win the bid for a pair of earrings, and another pair of earrings, and I pay 12.64 twice? Give me a break.

Finally, prices for many pieces of jewelry are going suspiciously high. You can get the same thing on Ebay for so much less! Very suspicious. Either people who use shopgoodwill.com are clueless, or something fishy is going on as mentioned above about shill bidding.

Shopgoodwill.com comes across money-grubbing, lazy and dishonest. Beware, beware

Call it Greedwill

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

Goodwill in general has gotten far too greedy. Prices in the retail stores are out of control. The shill bidding, item redacting and shipping prices on shogoodwill.com are downright criminal. That is why I am starting the website Stopgoodwill.com. I've been ripped off by Greedwill and regret donating to their self perpetuating "cause" (lining their pockets). If anyone is interested in contributing stories or information please contact me. Thanks!!

Poor Packaging and Terrible return policy

from TN

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I Paid a premium on a Older Toy. Of course Anyone who collect toys or most older items know that condition is a MAJOR factor on price. My item arrived damaged. The item was not packaged well at all which caused the damage in multiple areas on the toy. I contacted the seller at the shop Goodwill location of the auction. They offered me 5% off or Full refund IF... I Sent the item back on my dime. Return Shipping policy needs to be addressed and New package training to all employees.

UPDATE.. I just received today another poorly package of steins and yes you got it a broke one. So far I have received 4 packages and 3 were damaged..

Its best days are behind it

from Ohio

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

What used to be a good value is now absurdly expensive. High reserve prices, excessive shipping fees and ridiculous handling fees are the norm, not the exception. I've given up on this auction site.

fendi sunglasses

from florida

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I bought pair of fendi sunglasses, the description said that the sunglasses only want some cleaning no scratches.however the sunglasses was badly scratch
next time I pay with PayPal so I can make a case, if item does not meet the description

Risky. Assume that the item is broken and bid according.

from Oklahoma

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

The shipping and handling charge is crazy high. The two items I bought were broken and needed repair. I have been disappointment with the service. Takes weeks to ship. I won't bid any more. I suspect shilling.

bid system

from Florida

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I had lot of bids. The bidder never see the correct time and other bidder amount. This is ridiculous! More times only $ 0.01 different the winner amount on the last 3 second! I think is not fair system! Please figure out the other way to sell because this very bad.

Poor service

from NJ

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

They're lazy with shipping and overcharge for it.

Holding for friends

from Bristol Tennessee

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I have noticed some Items are for pick up only and they will not ship the item.I can understand that if it was a large item,but when there are other similar items like computer monitors and computer surround systems.It depends on the quality of the item if they will ship or in store pick up only.I have run into this at the Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region site on a monitor they had yet they would ship other low quality monitors same with a Klipsch Promedia GMX-D5 Computer Surround Sound they have.I feel like they have local pickup so one of their friends will have a chance to bid and win it...And i have seen the same thing others have posted items being jacked up on the bids as if someone from Goodwill is bidding to get the price up and the winning bid be close or more than the item cost retail..

I love this site and I have found great deals!

from Macon, Georgia

Comments about shopgoodwill.com:

I have bought Dozens! Dozens of things from shopgoodwill. They make a genuine effort to describe all the items and they have always been very helpful when I had a question about a particular item. They respond within a reasonable amount of time and provide the information honestly. My only complaint would be that the shipping is sometimes high but they have worked with me to offer economy shipping when it is available if I ask. Some locations do better with this than others. I have found some fantastic deals shopping this site. Highly recommend.

Really sketchy, but won the lottery