Reviewers'
Choice Awards

The Viewpoints Reviewers’ Choice award is our highest honor, recognizing exceptional consumer products chosen by you, the consumer.
Learn More »

Viewpoints Reviewers’ Choice Awards

Top Health and Beauty

Top-Multivitamins-Nature-Made-Multi-CompleteBest Overall: Multivitamins

Nature Made Multi Complete ($11, 130 ct.)

Rated 90 | 94+ Reviews

The Nature Made brand has a near cult following on Viewpoints. Reviewers rave about the quality and trust they place in any vitamin or supplement with the Nature Made label. “By far my favorite,” writes one reviewer. Others “often find great deals” and “feel great right away” after taking a Nature Made wonder pill.

“Before I started taking Nature Made Multi Vitamins I was tired and had no energy …  now since I have been taking these vitamins I have more energy and am not as tired. I have recommended Nature Made to my friends and family.”styree, Queen Creek, AZ, Reviewer since 2010

Top-Multivitamins-EquateBest Value: Multivitamins

Equate Complete Multivitamin ($7.68/200 ct.)

Rated 88 | 26+ reviews

This generic brand is a clear favorite on Viewpoints. Reviewers say they are “all in favor of saving more,” and these “seem to work just as well as brand-name vitamins.” The Equate Complete Multivitamin scores on all levels. And we agree, “Why pay more?”

This is excellent nutrition insurance if you are dieting in which case you may not get 100% vitamins and minerals. I am impressed with the amount of vitamin D and calcium that are in this pill … A great choice for every day use!” AndyYurechko, Reviewer since 2013

Top Multivitamins GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active

Best Overall: Multivitamins – For Women

GNC Women’s Ultra Mega Active ($40/30 pk.)

Rated 92 | 30+ reviews

Many women want a multivitamin with a specific combination of vitamins and minerals to meet female health needs. The GNC Women’s Ultra Mega Active packs are “worth every penny” because “I feel much better,” insist reviewers.

“I take 2 pills daily with food. The pills are large, but have like a vanilla-flavored coating to help them go down. Make sure you eat with food as suggested or you will get an upset stomach. As with any vitamin, it takes a while to get use to. I always feel good when I take them.”rachstrc, Barberton, OH, Reviewer since 2011

Top Multivitamins Nature Made Multi for Her

Best Value: Multivitamins – For Women

Nature Made Multi For Her ($10.79/90 ct.)

Rated 90 | 90+ reviews

Even though the pill is “humongous,” reviewers say they feel great when taking this budget-friendly multivitamin formulated for women. The Nature Made Multi For Her is “super easy to digest” and “very easy on your stomach.”

“I feel like Nature Made is a brand I can trust, and they make it affordable with frequent buy one get one free sales as well as putting out coupons for their products … I highly recommend Nature Made for any woman.”--qclipper, Prince George, VA, Reviewer since 2010

Top Multivitamins Centrum Silver

Best Overall and Best Value: Multivitamins – For 50+

Centrum Silver  ($9/80 ct.)

Rated 90 | 31+ reviews

Like most people, we like to think we are not getting older, we’re getting “better.” Centrum Silver is a time-tested multivitamin for adults 50+ who care about staying in top shape as they age. “This multivitamin has a lot going for it,” says one reviewer, protecting bone, eye and heart health.

“Worth its weight in silver … There are tons of multi-vitamins out there and I feel that Centrum Silver is the top brand. Centrum Silver has two of the important qualities I like, a wide variety of vitamins and affordability.” --Tomzwasd, Riverside, CA, Reviewer since 2011

Share Your Own Review

Top Multivitamins Disney Fairies Multivitamin Gummies with CalciumBest Overall and Best Value: Multivitamins – For Children

Disney Fairies Gummies MultiVitamin ($12.49/180 ct.)

Rated 93 | 23+ reviews

If you’ve tried to coax a child into swallowing a pill, you celebrate any product that makes the medicine go down. “My children absolutely love the flavor of these vitamins,” exclaims a typical reviewer.

“My daughter is obsessed … she begs us every day for her vitamins haha. She can’t wait to take them because she thinks it is a treat for her. I don’t think she actually realizes they are good for her or what they are, but I’m glad she likes them so much because they help keep her healthy.”scottybotty, San Antonio, TX, Reviewer since 2011

Top Diet The Eat-Clean Diet Reviewers ChoiceBest Overall: Diets

The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno

Rated 90 | 39+ reviews

The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is a self-guided diet book with recipes and workout tips our reviewers call “life-changing”– earning a 9.3/10 for Effectiveness. Reno won her own battle with weight and is now thin enough to grace the book cover. How did she do it? Her focus on natural, unprocessed foods.

“It isn’t a diet, but a lifestyle change to a healthy way of eating.  There is no starvation, no calorie counting and no gimmicks.  That is what I love.  It is simple to follow and everything is easy to find in the local grocery store.” lovetobikemom, Dousman, WI, Reviewer since 2009

Top Small Kitchen Appliances

Breville Ikon Multi-Speed Juice Fountain Juicer BJE510XL Reviews

Best Overall: Juicers

Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed BJE510XL ($200)

Rated 94 | 45+ reviews

The Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed might just have a brain of its own. This “smart juicer” chooses one of five speeds for more juice, less waste. With all the components dishwasher-safethis Breville juicer is truly best overall. “Amazingly quiet,” says one reviewer who calls it “the dream machine.” Pulp it leaves behind is so dry, reviewers are amazed.

“I was shopping around for a very good deal, and this is exactly what I got! It is amazing; I really love it and recommend it to everyone. It is so easy to use, makes juice super quick … and a breeze to clean.” russianira18, Reviewer since 2011

Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor 67650

Best Value: Juicers

Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor 67650 ($80)

Rated 87 | 63+ reviews

Where do we begin to praise this budget juicer? The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro has a 1.1 horsepower motor that processes whole fruits and vegetables through an extra-wide feed chute. Reviewers especially like that it has helped them stay on track with health goals. We say buy one as a gift and one for yourself.

“I honestly feel that the Big Mouth Pro is just as good if not better than some of those more expensive juicers.  It offers the same features as those others and is a fraction of the price!” jesbrown, Reviewer since 2009

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200

Best Overall: Blenders

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200 ($449)

Rated 95 | 609+ reviews

The Vitamix 5200 is the basic, least expensive blender in the top-shelf Vitamix line. It delivers blending power and much, much more. After struggling with cheaper blenders that “were virtually useless after heavy duty use,” one reviewer cautions against wasting your money on anything else.

“…it came highly recommended from a close friend. We were very skeptical of the steep price tag, but after bringing it home we realized it was worth its weight in gold.”sierrababy02, Reviewer since 2013

Bella12-Piece Rocket Blender 13330

Best Value: Blenders

Bella 12-Piece Rocket Blender 13330 ($30)

Rated 87 | 31+ reviews

Reviewers use the Bella Rocket blender to whip up drinks on-the-go. The set includes a variety of cups and lids; it also chops veggies, grinds coffee, and is “perfect for baby food,” say reviewers. Another uses it to get her kids to drink milk. For the mere price of a few take-out smoothies, we say it’s a bona fide bargain.

“… excellent drink maker. I bought this to make smoothies and milkshakes with my kids. It served its purpose well. It blends chops and purees anything you want, even ice.”mmmygirl24, Reviewer since 2009

Cuisinart Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Hot Water System CHW-12

Best Overall: Coffee Makers – Drip

Cuisinart Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Hot Water System CHW-12 ($100)

Rated 95 | 48+ reviews

The Cuisinart drip coffee maker is a crowd-pleaser, largely because it not only brews fantastic coffee but dispenses hot water. One reviewer notes that this Cuisinart “makes me drink more tea.” But the coffee wins its fans who say the brew is “very obvious” in its better taste.

“… great coffee, cleans up easily and I love the hot water feature. My kids also like it for making hot chocolate and oatmeal- better than worrying about them trying to heat water in the microwave!” crystalleah, Reviewer since 2007

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DRX5

Best Value: Coffee Makers – Drip

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DRX5 ($25)

Rated 90 | 101+ reviews

Sized for small kitchens or the only coffee drinker in the house, the Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is a basic, budget coffee maker that reviewers love. Programmable, with auto-shut-off, one reviewer gives the bottom line: A “durable little workhorse” which has produced great coffee for years.

“If you make coffee in small batches, this is one of the very best values … My little Mr. Coffee is fast, and it consistently delivers a great batch of brew to start my day.” RobertBerdine, Reviewer since 2013

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08

Best Overall and Best Value: Coffee Makers – French Press

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 ($30)

Rated 94 | 49+ reviews

The only small kitchen appliance to win both top awards, the Aerobie AeroPress is the dominant favorite with fans of the French press method of steeping coffee. The design is striking: a “brilliant little gadget.” But it doesn’t win on looks alone. It also “cleans in under 30 seconds.”

“We had to switch to basic coffee instead of the gourmet types to simplify our budget and found that it tastes so much better with the press! Easy to use + better tasting coffee = happy mornings :)ekv5, Reviewer since 2013

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Best Overall: Coffee Makers – Single Cup

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System ($150)

Rated 93 |  914+ reviews

Without question, Keurig has perfected single-serve coffee. This Keurig Special Edition offers three cup sizes, even travel mugs. Reviewers talk about being “spoiled.” And with more than 800 reviews on this “most convenient appliance,”  the people spoke!

“This machine has literally changed my entire morning routine. I find myself spending more time picking out coffee flavors than actually making the coffee itself.”Piperjason, Reviewer since 2013

Black & Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker DCM18

Best Value: Coffee Makers – Single Cup

Black & Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker DCM18 ($23)

Rated 88 | 55+ reviews

The Black & Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker is a no-frills, no-mess, no-waste option for coffee lovers who want their brew to-go.  The Brew ‘n Go is a “great invention for the only person in the family who drinks coffee.”

“I had been drinking instant coffee, because I only need one cup of coffee a day … I love that this came with a travel cup, that even fits in my car cup holder.” ethanzachemma, Reviewer since 2009

Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker 33135

Best Overall: Slow Cookers – Basic

Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker 33135 ($70)

Rated 95 | 64+ reviews

Our reviewers adore the versatility of the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker. Choose from three bowls (2,4 or 6 qt.) to suit your recipe. With its universal glass lid, this slow cooker is put into service “at least twice a week” in many reviewers’ kitchens.

“Voila! I have made roasts, hams, turkey breasts, breakfast casseroles, soups and stews, etc. in this cooker. Each and every time, I get a delicious meal. Meats come out so moist and never over or under cooked. Clean up is easy.” dolphinedove, Reviewer since 2010

Crock-Pot 4-Quart Slow Cooker 3040-BC / 3040-VG

Best Value: Slow Cookers – Basic

Crock-Pot 4-Quart Slow Cooker 3040-BC / 3040-VG ($25)

Rated 90 | 85+ reviews

Simplicity is beauty of the Crock-Pot 4-Quart Slow Cooker. Just three settings, no bells and whistles, just Crock-Pot quality and reliability. No wonder it’s the staple of every bridal registry. Reviewers say this slow cooker hits the spot “when you’re tired of spending an arm and leg on microwave meals.”

“… makes you feel like a bargain finder. It’s well worth its price and more. I absolutely love stews, and my Crock-Pot is my favorite appliance on the days I crave a good stew.” Abulen, Reviewer since 2013

Share Your Own Review

Hamilton Beach Set ‘n’ Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker 33967Best Overall: Slow Cookers – Programmable

Hamilton Beach Set ‘n’ Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker 33967 ($60)

Rated 94 | 139+ reviews

Ideal for big families and entertaining. The Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker is a favorite, most often mentioned as great for cooking large meat cuts to tender perfection.

“The keep-warm feature is a nice addition.  The locking lid is fantastic for travel to potlucks and picnics … I like to put our next day’s meat in the cooker at bedtime, and it’s done by morning.” spookygwoman, Reviewer since 2011

Share Your Own Review

Breville Compact Smart Oven Toaster Oven BOV650XLBest Overall: Toaster Ovens – Basic

Breville The Compact Smart Oven BOV650XL ($180)

Rated 97 | 17+ reviews

Several reviewers got this as a gift and didn’t know what to expect. The verdict, though, is nearly unanimous. The Breville compact toaster oven (smaller than Breville’s convection model BOV800XL) is “absolutely reliable.” With eight preset functions and style, it’s a worthy splurge.

“… with the high price does come very good quality. We hesitate to even call this a toaster oven … It is so much more. We didn’t have a working kitchen through a long period of renovation and this Breville could not have been more of a savior to us.” WC3, Reviewer since 2011

Breville The Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL

Best Overall: Toaster Ovens – Convection

Breville The Smart Oven Convection BOV800XL ($250)

Rated 98 | 30+ reviews

Larger than most toaster ovens, The Smart Oven by Breville also bakes with convection heat. As the top-rated of our small kitchen appliance winners, this little oven is in a class by itself. Is it possible to be in love? Reviewers use words like “amazing” to describe “top-of-the-line” features.

“I actually use it much more often than my regular oven … I cannot think of anything bad to say about the Breville Smart oven. It is probably the best kitchen purchase I have ever made!” fitzie2, Reviewer since 2009

Black & Decker Convection Toast-R-Oven with Rotisserie CTO7100B

Best Value: Toaster Ovens – Convection

Black & Decker Convection Toast-R-Oven with Rotisserie CTO7100B ($100)

Rated 88 | 66+ reviews

Recommended for pizza, broiling or baking, this Black & Decker Convection Toast-R-Oven with Rotisserie packs in functionality for the price. Users say it’s “the perfect housewarming or wedding gift” without breaking the bank.

“Not your standard toaster oven! It is lightweight and attractive. It cooks food evenly. It doesn’t take up much counter space. and is very easy to clean.” christmassnow09, Reviewer since 2010

Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster T2707

Best Value: Toasters – 2-Slice

Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster T2707 ($35)

Rated 85 | 29+ reviews

People tend to be picky about their toasters, but reviewers like this one. The Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster T2707 gets extra praise for style, normally found in more expensive brands. With 6 settings and an easy slide-out crumb tray, Black & Decker gets specific praise for making toasters “simple and effective.”

“It’s designed so well, I don’t even give it a second thought! … I’ve never had a problem with this toaster toasting anything unevenly.” LasVegasKitty, Reviewer since 2013

Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster T4569B

Best Value: Toasters – 4-Slice

Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster T4569B ($40)

Rated 87 | 17+ reviews

This 4-Slice Black & Decker T4569B is “family friendly” — an economical choice for bigger households. Toasting frozen bread and bagels like a charm, reviewers also rave about its reliability: “I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed with Black & Decker.” You could spend more for the family toaster, but why?

“…the perfect combination a toaster could have. It is simple enough that it does not have 1000 buttons that you don’t even know what half of them do, but it is has every feature you could imagine needing.” LMRunner18, Reviewer since 2010

Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker BB-HAC10

Best Overall: Bread Machines

Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker BB-HAC10 ($233)

Rated 97 | 20+ reviews

A bread machine for couples, the Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker bakes a 1-lb. loaf “perfect, fluffy every time” say reviewers. And its slim design saves countertop space. Reviewers talk of having used it “once a week for 5-6 years.” Others brag about its quick cycle feature, which bakes bread in under two hours.

“The bread comes out marvelous each time. There are a number of settings for different types of bread. It’s very simple to clean the exterior of the machine with a simple baby wipe. I also love seeing the bread being made through the window.” kingoftheink, Reviewer since 2010

Sunbeam 2-lb. Programmable Bread Maker 5891Best Value: Bread Machines

Sunbeam 2-lb. Programmable Bread Maker 5891 ($43)

Rated 85 | 91+ reviews

This little kitchen helper is inexpensive, but mighty. With 12 functions and an ‘ExpressBake’ cycle, reviewers can’t believe they scored such a bargain. Some even call it a “life saver” or swear they “can’t live without it” and “wouldn’t trade it for anything else.” This Sunbeam bread machine also has a non-stick, removable pan.

“Great bread machine for the price … I use this machine a lot for pizza dough for homemade pizzas. The cleanup of the machine is easy too.” Jen64255, Reviewer since 2008

Best Overall Food ProcessorBest Overall: Food Processors – Traditional

Cuisinart Custom 14-Cup Food Processor DFP-14 ($179)

Rated 94 | 60+ reviews

This Cuisinart DFP-14  food processor makes your meal preparation a breeze. Reviewers rave that the stainless steel, BPA-free device is a “kitchen timesaver” and a “dream come true” appliance that makes cooking fast, easy and fun.

“I use this daily. I make soups, baby food, homemade chips, guacamole, hummus– just tons of stuff I used to buy instead of make. I also use it to shred carrots and slice cucumbers for salads, shred blocks of cheese, etc. It makes everything simple and far less time consuming.”--mommyof2inmi, Reviewer since 2009

Share Your Own Review

Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup Food Processor 70610Best Value: Food Processors – Traditional

Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 10-Cup 70610 ($50)

Rated 89 | 21+ reviews

Serious cooks need a food processor, and this Hamilton Beach blows away pricier competition. Reviewers call it “a favorite tool in the kitchen.” Another writes that  it’s “large enough to process big quantities … without having to stop to empty the container.” Users swear its power matches a Cuisinart.

“One of my favorite things to do is to make pie crust in it. It turns a 15-minute job into something that can be accomplished in just about a minute …  I highly recommend.” PZarate, Reviewer since 2007

NutriMill Grain Mill

Best Overall: Food Processors – Grain Mill

Nutrimill Grain Mill ($289)

Rated 95 | 16+ reviews

The Nutrimill Grain Mill is a fixture of many health-conscious kitchens. With a huge 20-cup capacity, this specialty food processor turns any kind of grain into flour, quickly and (relatively) quietly. Despite its unique size and shape, reviewers say the Nutrimill is as easy to use “as turning a knob.”

“As it is rather expensive, I did quite a lot of research before my purchase. This grain mill does not disappoint! It does a great job of producing quality flour with no dust flying … I am able to use this flour in place of any in a recipe–and no one knows it is ground at home!!” dbsfordystonia, Reviewer since 2011

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer K45SS

Best Overall: Stand Mixers

KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer K45SS ($230)

Rated 96 | 1,453+ reviews

What cook doesn’t covet the KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer? Most often mentioned as best for baking, bread kneading, beginners and experts, it also comes in a rainbow of colors and patterns. With more than a thousand reviews singing its praises (“built to last”), investing in this classic kitchen appliance is a no-brainer.

“This mixer is most definitely “heavy-duty.” It weighs a ton! It is part of what makes it so useful. It can handle the toughest doughs. I make pizza dough and bread … These are doughs that are impossible for me to mix by hand, and burn out my smaller mixers.” nocapes, Reviewer since 2010

Hamilton Beach Electrics All-Metal Stand Mixer 63220 / 63221

Best Value: Stand Mixers

Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer 63220 / 63221 ($175)

Rated 94 | 17+ reviews

This is the mixer for cooks who are on a tight budget, but still want quality. The Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer is called a “good compromise” by reviewers who like that it’s solid metal and powerful with “lots of good contact during mixing.” In fact, many users swear it is “just as good as a KitchenAid” for at lot less.

“I am in love with it. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and works wonderfully! I use it for cake batter, cookie dough, bread dough, making whipped cream… the possibilities are nearly endless.” stillneverwrong, Reviewer since 2013

KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer

Best Overall: Hand Mixers

KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer ($100)

Rated 94 | 68+ reviews

For those jobs that call for a quick mix, the KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer shines. Reviewers love that it’s “lightweight” and”not loud but manages to mix with great efficiency.” Consider this as your second, go-to mixer for those times when “dragging out the stand mixer” isn’t appealing.

“It is perfect for mixer smaller portions of ingredients and never fails to get the job done. There is no amount of food that is too large or too small for this mixer to handle.” MorganCollins, Reviewer since 2013

KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer KHM5AP

Best Value: Hand Mixers

KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer KHM5AP ($40)

Rated 92 | 142+ reviews

Cooks who use this mixer may have wanted something more, but no longer feel the sacrifice. The KitchenAid 5-Speed Mixer tackles big cooking projects, and even though it’s a budget-friendly buy, reviewers call it an “investment” that has lasted for “10 years” yet something they “still use constantly.”

“I received this mixer at a wedding shower nearly eight years ago. (It) works as well today as when I first used it. I have gone through many “off brand” mixers … You really can’t go wrong with KitchenAid in my opinion.” cma1982, Bryant, AR, Reviewer since 2011

Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker

Best Overall: Waffle Makers

Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker ($50)

Rated 91 | 55+ reviews

Home-cooked waffles have never been easier than with the Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker. It rotates 180° for even baking and stores in a vertical position to save counter space. “A great, affordable, space-saving” waffle maker, waffles are “easy and fun to make” with the Presto FlipSide, say reviewers.

“Don’t look any further! This has all you need! There is not one small detail about this waffle maker that I didn’t like … The waffles cook quickly and evenly, and the cleanup is absolutely a breeze.” Reekaaguas, Reviewer since 2013

Top waffle makers

Best Value: Waffle Makers

Oster Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker ($25)

Rated 87 | 42+ reviews

This affordable waffle maker is made with a nonstick plate and adjustable temperature control and a cool touch handle to ensure perfect waffles every time.  This waffle maker  is “fantastic for the price” and has nonstick coating so effective there’s “no need to apply oil or butter ever again.” We say it’s a steal at only $25.

“This waffle maker is really cheap and works great! Seriously, sometimes you get a bad quality item because you didn’t pay much for it, but that’s not the case here. It’s a reliable machine that you can use in the morning to make your waffles and it will be done in about 5 minutes.”comeatmebro, Reviewer since 2010

Share Your Own Review

Editor’s Note: Viewpoints Reviewers’ Choice awards were given in October and November, 2013, and current product ratings may differ.