Other Stain Removers:

Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Resolve Eliminates Many Carpet Stains in Minutes

Carpets are bound to stain at some point. Even when the utmost care is exercised and pets are kept out of the house, accidents are bound to occur and when they do, I reach for **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover**, a liquid carpet cleaner. ** ** **Carpet Cleaner Commentary:** Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover is manufactured for the purpose of cleaning small stains on most types of carpets. This carpet cleaner is liquid and offers a pleasant, citrus like scent. A few pumps of the trigger sprayer are all it takes to penetrate stains and break them apart. This product can be used to clean common food and beverage stains as well as ink, oil, pet stains, dirt, and more. My home includes only a limited amount of carpet, in the bedrooms, game room, and hallways. However, all of the carpet in my home is light in color and thus prone to show any stain, however small. Add to this the fact that we have two little girls and two dogs and you have all the ingredients for stained carpeting. When the problem occurs, I try to eliminate it as quickly as possible by reaching for Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover. This cleaner soaks through stains, breaks them apart, and makes it easy to wipe the stain up with a cloth or sponge. With any carpet cleaner, what matters most is its effectiveness and Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover does work hard to clean up stains. Even tough stains like mud, grape juice, and others are eliminated with relative ease when you apply Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover. However, there is a catch: You need to fight the stains as quickly as possible. If too much time has passed, some stains may not be removable. When this happens, you can try multiple treatments and hope for the best, but don’t be surprised if the stain is beyond the cleaning capabilities of this or most other carpet cleaning treatments. I have had this situation occur and while I will reach for Resolve anyway, I have had mixed results. Some set stains can still be removed by applying Resolve a few times, but others cannot. Still, even in the worse- case scenario, using Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover makes some difference. It still eliminates most of the stain and the carpet looks better than before. Resolve likes to claim that its cleaning formula is so good that it takes only a few pumps and the use of a cloth or sponge to “lift” the stain up. More often than not, the process is not going to be this simple. You will have to apply a little elbow grease to remove most stains completely, but the effort still isn’t bad when you consider the costly alternative of hiring a professional carpet cleaner.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Resolve Triple Action Carpet Stain Remover is a very good product that successfully removes many common stains from carpeting for a relatively low price. It doesn't always work on every stain, every time, but it performs well enough to easily recommend and it certainly beats the costly alternative of hiring a professional.

Not even worth the effort on Berber carpet!!

The house I live in now is a parsonage. When we moved in I was allowed to decorate the house any way I wished except change the carpets. They are berber. UGH!! And to make it worse they are a very light grey to almost white with flecks of darker grey. Yep, everything that comes in the house shows up on the carpet. I am always trying to get stains out of the carpet.

I tried **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** with high hopes. Several of my friends had good results with it. But then I found out they don't have berber! It does not do much of anything to really get stains out of berber. It will take up the worst parts of the stain, but there is still the shadow (for lack of a better word for it) left on the floor. I can walk across the rooms and see places where there were stains that the Resolve did not take out the stains completely.

It's not from lack of trying on my part. I have followed the instructions completely. I have shampooed with a machine even using the Resolve, and nothing! It just does not work on berber carpet that well. But then very little does work on berber that well.

I would recommend this product though for carpets other than berber in a heat beat!!

Resolve didn't resolve my stains.

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

I tried, I really tried to like this carpet cleaner but after following the directions and still having a stain I have to say it doesn't meet with my approval. I have a cat that occasionally has problems keeping food down. I hoped this cleaner would help me keep my carpets from looking so ugly, but now I have yellowish spots where the cleaner was used. I haven't had the opportunity to try it on any other types of stains, maybe it could work better on them...but I doubt it!

This is the big guns against carpet messes!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

Carpets have it tough. They get stained and messed on. And they can become smelly. Weekly maintenance is often good enough with foams and vacuuming. But what if there is a mess so bad that you need the big guns? This is where this product comes in. This is for times when scrubbing is needed as well as spraying on something to clean and deodorize. In my case, I use it when a pet gets sick or I spill a soda, and the mess goes deeply into the carpet. I spray this product generously on the spot, and scrub hard with a brush, then vacuum it up. It works quite well to remove the stain and odor. It is also quite inexpensive, with a bottle lasting me a year, even with uses happening weekly when I bring in new kittens and guesats. A small amount does the trick, too. One spray lathers nicely when i start scrubbing, and it shows me that the spot is getting clean. I keep a bottle of this all the time handy because I have wall to wall carpeting and multiple throw rugs.

Smells great and cleans well!

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

I have two toddlers, so a great carpet cleaner is a must in our home! This cleaner is easy to use, you simply spray it on, wait five minutes and then scrub! It loosens the dirt up and even gets a bit bubbly to clean deep in the carpet. We've had many nasty and colorful messes in our home in the past few years, but nothing that resolve couldn't handle! It has a great scent to it. It doesn't just mask the odor of whatever has been spilled, but it also is not an overpowering smell that makes me worry about my children breathing it in while I'm cleaning. Just the right amount of scent in my opinion and it smells great! I love that I can spot clean my floors in about 10 minutes time with Resolve, especially since this means I can do it while the kids are preoccupied with something else, and therefore not getting into the cleaning solution themselves. All in all it's a great product that I would definitely recommend to a friend!

Resolve carpet cleaner resolves my carpet stains in the car.

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

We've used Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner in the car for several years. Resove works great on dirt, grease, grime and food spills. Once a young guest left a urine stain and resolve worked wonderfully well on that stain, too.

To use resolve, you have to remove lose dirt before treating. Then, spray the entire affected area throoughly. Resolve works for 5 minutes. Then, take a clean, damp cloth and blot the area treated by the resolve. Sometimes, the blotting towel needs to be rinsed, wetted and reapplied 2 or 3 times.

Usually, one treatment is sufficient, but I've had good results with a second treatment if the first treatment does not remove the stain completely.

The bottle mentions discoloration as a possibility and to test Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner on an inconspicuous place. However, discoloration has not been a problem for us. I can recommend this product.

A household MUST have

from Auburndale, FL

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I love the fresh smell of it and I cannot get over how well this works I spray it on our carpet but I also spray it on or sofa and beds as well.My one year olds diaper sometimes leaks overnight and the next day I just spray this on the mattress and soak it up with a rag or suck it up with my wet vac and the stain and odor is gone right away.My puppy would have accidents and I would would just spray and dab dry.I also use it on stains on my families clothes as a pre wash and it works extremly well on that.Very easy to use and it defintely removes stains and odors.I would recommend this to everyone who has children and pets!

not impressed

from Itasca, IL

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

I bought the Resolve Carpet cleaner due to "resolve" being a largely known name. I have 2 cats, and sometimes they will throw up on the carpet, which is why I bought the resolve. After using Resolve, I noticed it would stain my carpet - almost leaving a "bleached" look. I tried it on other carpeting as well, and got the same outcome - it ruined my carpet in that spot. The good news is it removed the stain. The bad news is that it stained my carpet and had a "white" spot. I would not recommend this product.

This product is very toxic to your health and your pets.

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

This product is very toxic. Breathing in the chemicals from the Resolve are VERY harmful to both humans and pets. Children should never be around it. Our head and lungs are still hurting.

It worked okay, but it's not worth using it after making me and my family sick from the chemicals.

It smell okay, but it is harmful to your lungs

Hope for the hopeless!

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

Odd things happen to our taste buds as we grow older and now that I'm 70 years old, I have developed an affection for really, REALLY strong coffee. A heaping **tablespoon** blends with a mug of boiling water to produce just what I crave either for a morning libation or evening dessert-chaser. One evening I accidentally tipped a half-finished mug over causing a splashdown on my carpet which looked dramatic, to say the least. My clean-up efforts only made it worse and it was a while before I could find something that saved the day, namely **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner**.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** is an amazing spray composed of mystery components, and manufactured by Reckitt Benckister, Inc. of Parsippany, NJ for the express purpose of facing down terrible stains and "*giving hope to the hopeless*" (as we Catholics might say) ... and "hopeless" pretty well sums up what that coffee stain on my carpet looked like by that time. It might as well have been a puddle of cold, hard tar and I didn't expect miracles as I sprayed on **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner**. I was supposed to wait five minutes for it to work but I decided to take a chance and wait for more than a half hour before blotting and rubbing gently with a clean, damp cloth.

**THE SAGA CONTINUES**:

I was amazed to see that old, dark coffee coming up effortlessly as **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** fulfilled its three-pronged promise to penetrate deep, remove a tough stain and neutralize that old stale coffee smell. Later on, after the carpet had dried, I could hardly see where the stain had been!

**MY VIEWPOINT**:

**Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** supposedly will also work its magic on stains produced by adverse moments involving red wine, food grease, pet stains, mud, ink, dirt, cola, fruit juice, and dirty motor oil, to name a few. Hopefully, I won't have to learn the hard way if that is true but I'm glad to have this wonderful stuff on hand, just in case. Imagine that! -- a product which actually does what somebody promises it will. That's a good reason to hope, right there!

Wonderful, a great product.

Not bad at all!

If you have a pet, you should have Resolve Triple Action too!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

Owning a cat means cleaning up a lot of unexpected messes.  My cat has been puking since the day I rescued her from an animal shelter, so I have had more than the average amount of clean ups in my house.  Luckily, this product works so great, you can't tell I've had messes to clean all the time.

**Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** does the following:

- Penetrate Deep

- Breaks Down Stains

- Lifts Stains Out

If you have a pet or a child, you should have a bottle of **Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner** in your home.  It really does perform miracles.

This product is designed to clean all types of carpet stains, from red wine to mud, but I primarily use it for cleaning up my cat's puke.  Despite what you'd expect, I prefer to use this product after the stain has set.  When the cat puke is fresh, it seems like I'm just rubbing it into the carpet.  If I wait until the puke is solid, I can remove the chunks, than spray the dried stain.  I let it sit for about 15 minutes, then I simply rub the stain out.  Afterwards, the carpet looks brand-new again.

This product doesn't have a strong scent.

I resolve to clean my carpets and more

from Houston, TX

Comments about Resolve Triple Action Carpet Cleaner:

Let's face it between four children, two pets, guests to our home and two adults stains will occur on our carpet because there will be food spills, crayon marks, markers, and juice or milk stains. Even after an upset stomach and a little one throwing up I was able to grab the **Resolve Carpet Cleaner** and resolve to get that stain right now.

*** What I like about Resolve Carpet Cleaner:***

- fast application

- easy trigger spray

- pleasant smell

- it cleans so many things

- can find it just about anywhere

- less expensive than others - I even had a coupon

What I don't like about Resolve Carpet Cleaner:

- nothing really - except the pleasant smell also has some chemical aroma

I have even used it on clothing as a pre-treatment before throwing it in the washing machine.  I like that I can easily apply it on just about any cloth covered surface, wait a minute then scrub with a wet cloth and get up almost all regular stains.  Today I even cleaned up crayon marks on the love seat - don't tell my husband!

**Resolve Carpet Cleaner** cleans more than just carpets. It is the first thing I usually grab when my kids spill something on the floor, couches or love seats.

The pleasant smell also has some chemical aroma.