Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer

Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer

Useful

Comments about Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer:

I use my rice cooker constantly. It's so helpful to be able to turn it on and not have to worry or check up on it since it automatically turn itself from cook to warm setting. It's really useful as I can focus on cooking all other dishes and the little rice cooker won't let my rice burn. I even make saffron rice in it and it comes out great. There are also recipes online for other things you can make in the rice cooker, I'm yet to try some of them. Overall, one of my best kitchen appliances.

Perfect for a small size family or a first time cook!

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer:

This is a great first time rice cooker for the new cook! Its a small 4 cup but I think it is plenty for a family of 2 or 3.

It does the job perfectly!

Really easy to clean!

So easy to use!

It's pretty durable as well!

Plain white design simple, perfect!

great little rice maker!!

from New York, NY

Comments about Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer:

i've had this rice maker for about 2 years and it's great, especially for a college student living in dorms. it's small and compact so it saves a lot of space, and it's simple to carry when transporting. it's also very easy to prepare things-- if you want rice, just pop in an amount of rice and water, and it will cook with the press of a simple switch. one of my favorite things about this rice cooker is that it cooks so quickly. the rice cooker i have back at home takes an hour and a half to make the same amount of rice this one does, and the cooker back home is supposed to be of better quality than this one. i also really like using this cooker to make congee. another great thing about this cooker is that it will keep your rice warm after it's done cooking. however, as with many cookers, if you leave the rice in the cooker too long in the "keep warm" mode, the rice will dry out, so just be careful to not let the rice stay warm for too long. other than that, this is a great item to have in the kitchen for one or two people!

Proctor Silex Rice Cooker is Easy and Simple

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about Proctor Silex Rice Cooker/Steamer:

This is a great rice cooker and much less than others I found. It comes with its own scoop that you use to measure both rice and water, and a list of rice/water ratios for various types of rice. You add the rice, the water, and any flavorings you want, pop the lid on and click it over to cook, and leave it alone and in about 30-45 minutes, depending on your type of rice, the cooker switches over to warm, and you have perfectly cooked rice.

I don't think it makes as much rice as it says (10 cups), but that is perfectly ok with me as I usually am only making rice for my husband and myself. It is very compact and fits perfectly on my counter or in the cupboard when I am not using it. Very convenient to store, and lightweight so lifting it into an overhead cupboard is easy.

I use it for brown rice, occasionally white rice, lentils, quinoa, couscous because it is so easy to just set everything up and let it go. The warming function is a great extra, too. I have used broth as my cooking liquid and add spices and herbs and even some finely chopped vegetables when cooking and it flavors the rice or other evenly. So far, the rice, even brown, has come out perfect every time.

The lid and cooking compartment are dishwasher safe and nonstick, but it is so easy to clean, I haven't bothered to stick them in the dishwasher.