Other Snacks & Cookies:
Peter Paul
peter paul - almond joy pieces

peter paul - almond joy pieces

omg, they are delicious

peter pauls almond pieces are delicous! better than the candy bar. tried them for the first time and i fell in love with them. little coated candies with almond and coconut flavor. not too bad in price. 200 calories in 46 pieces not too bad.i am on a low chorlesterol diet and this isn't too high. only 5 mg which is 1% per serving.

Almond Joy Pieces were not what I expected

Being a chocoholic and also loving Almond Joy candy bars, I purchased a bag of the Pieces a while back with a coupon. I was surprised at the overall experience. First, the candy shell is thick and extremely hard. It's like you have to break into them instead of bite into them. I will NEVER eat them in bed with my husband, he will definitely complain. Then, once to get in, you can tell by the texture that there is plenty of coconut, but I really didn't taste much chocolate. I think this is a situation where the candy bar wins hands down. They are kind of fun, and the kids enjoyed them, but I think I'll stick with the real thing. On the up-side, the bag lasts a lot longer than the bar and they are not as messy as the bar. I would only purchase these again if they were on sale AND I had a coupon for them.

Almond Joy Pieces, heaven in a bag.

from Battle Creek, Michigan

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Addictive
  • Balanced Sweetness
  • Delicious

Cons

• Dairy Queen Blizzard
    • Dessert
    • Snacking
    • Wedding Favors

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

I don't remember the first time I tried Almond Joy Pieces; I just remember the exquisite taste. I have loved Almond Joy candy bars since was a kid, but after trying the pieces I didn't want the bars. The pieces have a unique taste all their own. This is why I loved them from the moment they hit my tastebuds. Recently I found out that Hershey is discontinuing them. I'm sincerely heartbroken. I wrote to the company to ask why I could no longer find them in my local grocery store; that's when I was told they're not going to make them anymore. For those of us out there that love these little candy pieces of heaven this is a tragedy. The only way that we might be able to keep Hershey from taking them away is to write or call and tell them how we feel. I was told by their customer service rep that they would pass on my letter of disappointment to their marketing department. The more people they hear from the better. Please Almond Joy Pieces lovers don't let them take away our favorite candy.

Almond Joy Pieces - little pieces of heaven!

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

My favorite candy in the whole world is the milk chocolate version of Almond Joy. I just love the sweet coconut pairing with the light milk chocolate. It's moreish, satisfying and a total treat. I was surprised to hear that Peter Paul had bought out Almond Joy Pieces and was sure it was not going to compare with the small piece of heaven I had come to love and adore. However, the chocoholic that I am could not turn down the suggestion of a new variety and so I bought some. Essentially these little round candies are like M&M's but instead of tasting of pure, unadulterated chocolate, each one tastes of coconut too. Slightly crunchy on the outside and smooth milk chocolate on the inside. If you want a snack version of Almond Joy, this is perfect - all the taste but less obligation to eat the whole bar. The serving size is 46 pieces which is 200 calories - that's 4.3 calories per candy. To me, heaven would be a soft play area with a ball pit filled with these.. and I'm the only one with an entrance ticket!

Bite sized candies with a hard shell that taste like Almond Joy.

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

Peter Paul Almond Joy Pieces are sinfully delicious! These chocolate candies have a hard shell, and taste like an Almond Joy candy bar. They are the perfect mixture of chocolate, almond and coconut. I promise they won't last long in the candy bowl at your house either.

These are pure joy

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

Peter Paul almond joy pieces are the true joy. I love almond joys, i love Reese's pieces and m&ms so when I came across these almond joy pieces i was in heaven. I like to have these with my pop corn. Each one has the right amount of chocolate, almonds & coconut. I hate that the bags are so small because they are so addicting and not enough in a bag.

Surprisingly good coconut taste

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

These candies are basically coconut flavored M&M's but made by a different company. They have a surprisingly good coconut flavor considering there isn't much or any actual coconut in them. They have a nice "hard" outer shell and are filled with nice creamy chocolate with coconut flavoring. Worth a try if you like coconut.

Good, but not as good as the candy bar

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

Almond Joy "Pieces" are good, but they're nowhere near as good as an Almond Joy candy bar. It seems like a new candy trend to put out bite sized (M&M or Skittle sized/shaped) versions of popular chocolate candies. It started with the plain Hersey's "Drops," but now you can find many varieties. These Almond Joy ones just don't taste nutty enough for me. In fact I can't taste almond at all. They might as well be Mounds bites.

so delicious

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

I've always been a die hard fan of Reese's pieces, and when I saw these I decided to give ti a try. I was blown away! Super delicious! Much more delicious than the original candy bar! The crunchy shell and the smooth filling make for a terrific combo! I definitely recommend

An almond joy in a bag!

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

The almond joy pieces are absolutely just like the original almond joy candy bars. They are very good and have the same taste but with a candy coating. These are great to have while at work if you are a big almond joy fan and the only thing I did not like was the price compared to product is pretty high.

Classic mini candy

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

Anyone who isn't a six year old can safely say that almond joys are delicious, but simply not very easily accessible. This product fixes this problem by putting a ton of mini ones in a bag for you. These MnM like products are simply delicious and addictive.

Sooo goood!!!

Comments about peter paul - almond joy pieces:

got these candies a few months ago with a coupon, and now I am crazy for them! I recently got the coconut m & m's, hoping that they would be the same, and they were not nearly as good. These pieces are a little bigger, and they have the texture of the coconut in them as well as the flavor. They also have little bits of almond in them. I don't know how they did it, but it really does taste like a full sized candy bar in a little tiny bite!

I love the size of the bag they come in, and it is resealable, so you can have just a few! Since they are in the candy-coated style, they travel better and allow you to snack anywhere without a mess. The only problem is eating too many! I keep mine in the kitchen and have a few while I am fixing dinner. There are often coupons available, but when not, I think they are a little pricey. I would definitely recommend them, but watch out, you'll be hooked too!