Other Body Lotions:

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Lightend the apperance of Stretch Marks.

I wanted to try and reduce the apperance or get rid of all together, my stretch marks. So I decided to try Palmer's Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks. I have always good things about Palmer's Cocoa Butter from my friends.

I first off Loved the smell of the butter. I thought it would smell like cocoa butter, and in a small way it has a hint of it, but it has a lovely lavender scent. I normally do not like lavender. It went on so smooth, and left my skin feeling so soft, and smelling great!

It has Vitamin E, Collagen, & Elastin. It is dermatologically tested. It smoothes stretch marks and tones skin.

I noticed after using this for about 2 months, that my 17 year old stretch marks had actually faded, my husband even noticed the difference. My stretch marks did not totally go away, but this lightened the apperance of them alot! Like I said, my stretch marks were old, and it still worked on them, so if your are pregnate or just had a baby...You really need to use this to help get skin back the way it was before the pregnancy. I also noticed my belly was more toned, and I love that! I will continue to use this.

bad reactions for me

First, I've super sensitive skin and don't know what ingredients I am allergic to I used to work at longs drugs and had to restock their products and would wonder if it would help when I got pregnant one day since I noticed a lot of pregnant women would come in to buy Palmer's stretch mark creams and such. So when I was pregnant I thought it would be a no brained thing to buy. Unfortunately for my sensitive skin it didn't work great since I ended up being allergic I got all red, itchy and had break outs. So that wasn't fun or comfortable at all. If others used it without any problems I'm happy for you that it worked for you at least. I ended up buying organic kinds of stretch mark creams and lotions. One of the brand I bought that worked well was Lamaze brand. I even gave my extra bottle to my sister when she became pregnant. I luckily didn't have any bad or allergic reactions so that's totally great. I used this other brand that was also organic and I loved it too but on top of my head right now I can't remember the brand name.

It smelled good.

For me it didn't workout

bad reactions for me

It smelled good.

For me it didn't workout

• Absorption:

Decent, but it doesn't work miracles

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

I gained quite a bit of weight during my first pregnancy, and did suffer from some stretch marks that appeared late in the third trimester. I wanted a product that would lessen their appearance and hopefully minimize any worsening. Palmer's is really only so-so. It left my skin smooth, it smelt nice, and I suppose it's better than using nothing at all but I'm simply not convinced it helped minimize my stretch marks at all.

This cocoa butter smells lightly of lavender, which I love! The scent is quite subtle and not at all overpowering.

Absorption
The absorption on this lotion is very good. It has a thick consistency but it absorbs completely and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or oily. There's no noticeable residue at all.

As I mentioned, I'm simply not convinced this product does anything to treat or prevent stretch marks. There's really no active ingredients that you wouldn't find in any other cocoa butter based lotion and it simply isn't formulated to do anything other than moisturize. It's a fair lotion, but it's a pretty lousy treatment for stretchmarks.

• Absorption:

Palmer's tummy butter is amazing.

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

For my entire first pregnancy I used palmer's cocoa butter formula tummy butter for stretch marks and to help prevent stretch marks. I would put it on up to three times a day so my stomach never got dry and it worked I did not get any stretch marks anywere. I also used it for my second pregnancy as well. Even though I am no longer pregnant I still use the tummy butter on my skin because it just leaves my skin so smooth and moisterized all day. A couple of my complaints would have to be how small the tub of body butter is. I literally would have to buy one every two weeks. To top it all off they can be a little pricey but if the money is not an issue I would recommend that all pregnant woman try this or even women with stretch marks because it will lighten the appearance. Just about all of the palmers brand lotions, creams, an butters are great for your skin especially while you are pregnant. The hard part really is just remembering to put it on multiple times a day.

• Absorption:

I love Palmers but this did nothing for my stetch marks.

from West Virginia

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

I love Palmers Cocoa Butter in the original formula that comes in the tins, tubs, tubes, and sticks but this one was a little bit of a let down in doing what it claims.

The product smells great just like all of their products and it goes on so smooth and silky. It absorbs quickly and softens my skin very nicely. It works all over and makes my skin smell and feel awesome but it didn't do anything for my stretch marks.

I know it's designed for tummy stretch marks but I didn't notice any real difference. It may have softened them up some and made them a little less noticeable but overall it wasn't a significant difference. I can still see them and they are still bothering me. The lotion is great on my skin, but it doesn't eradicate or reduce the stretch marks as it is supposed to do.

I love the scent. It's just as great as the original formula.

Absorption
It soaks into my skin nicely.

It wasn't so great on stretch marks. It does make my skin feel great.

• Absorption:

After using this strictly, I don't have any stretch marks.

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

When I was pregnant I was worried about getting stretch marks so every morning and every night or whenever my belly felt itchy as it was growing, I would rub it on my belly. It relieved the itchy feeling and I never got any stretch marks. I rated it an eight though just because I wasn't a big fan of the scent but other than that, it's awesome.

I'm not the biggest fan of the scent because I like fruity/fresh scents. It's has more of a warm scent.

Absorption
At first it's a bit greasy so I kept my shirt off for awhile until my skin absorbed it. It is very thick so it seems to stay in/on my skin for the whole day. I think that's why it worked so well for me.

I would say it's excellent! My skin really absorbed it in and I never got any stretch marks. If I didn't use this product everyday, I'd hate to know what my belly would look like. After I had my baby everything went back to normal and my stomach looks as if I was never pregnant.

Cocoa Butter

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

I bought the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks during my second pregnancy. I was lucky enough to get through my first pregnancy without any stretch marks, and I wanted to make sure I didn't get any this time around. I picked this up around my second month, and I started using it immediately. It said it was specially formulated to prevent stretch marks, but I later found out that wasn't true. The ingredients were barely different from the original cocoa butter formula. The only thing they added was something to give it a thicker consistency. I will admit that I made it through my pregnancy with only two tiny stretch marks on my back. I don't know if it really worked or not because I didn't use anything during my first pregnancy, and I didn't get any stretch marks. I do not like being misled, and they claimed this was a special formula for stretch marks just so they could charge more money.

This cocoa butter has a very pleasant scent.

• Absorption:

Stretch marks? What stretch marks?

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

When I was expecting my first child I was very nervous about stretch marks on my stomach. I started late having children (34) and was afraid that my body would not bounce back and I would have a lot of strech marks for the rest of my life. I was introduced to Palmer's Cocoa Butter for stretch marks and began using it religiously everyday . I believe I started using in in my third month of pregnancy. I would look for stretch marks on a daily basis and did not see any! I couldn't believe it. I continued to use it through my entire pregnancy and even after the first month of delivery. It wasn't until I had lost the baby weight that I was 100% convinced that I was stretch mark free! I was overjoyed. I then got pregnant with twins and my stomach was stretched beyond belief. I continued using the Palmer's Cocoa Butter again my entire pregnancy and once again I did not receive any stretch marks. I recommend this lotion to all of my pregnant friends and family members. I firmly stand by it and I think if you use if everyday, you will have great results. The only thing I was not particuarly fond of was the scent. It was not very appealing to me.

• Absorption:

Help minimize but doesn't eliminate.

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

When I unexpectedly got pregnant with my first child at the age of 23 I was definitely concerned with getting stretch marks. I thought of myself as young and I still wanted to be able to wear a bikini after having my son. I went to the local store and I purchase Palmer's Tummy Butter. I applied this butter in the morning and at night pretty much everyday of my pregnancy. When my son was born I had one 1/2 inch stretch mark on my entire stomach. I was very happy and the following summer I was at the beach in my bikini. I continued to use the Palmer's tummy butter for my other two pregnancies. Each pregnancy I got a minimal amount of stretch marks. Now after having three kids I have about four stretch marks (about a half inch each) on my entire stomach. My goal for this summer is to again be in a bikini. I feel that Palmer's tummy butter helped to minimize the amount of stretch marks I got throughout all three of my pregnancies.

The smell of cocoa butter is refreshing and I loved the smell.

Would Recommend Trying

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

The results for this will vary for everyone but it worked pretty well for me. It didn’t get rid of my stretch marks completely but it did help lighten them up and make them less noticeable. They went from a dark purple to a white-ish color. It smells good and doesnt take to long to get results.

• Absorption:

My numerous stretch marks say no

Comments about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks:

I was very hopeful when I bought this lotion after getting pregnant because I was absolutely terrified of having stretch marks all over my belly at eighteen. I applied it religiously and liberally twice a day and had convinced myself by month five that I was home free. I was sadly mistaken and woke up one day wilt little red lines running down all the way from my belly button. I guess I should have known better than to expect a miracle out of this cream. I did continue to use it while I still had the tub of it, but once it was empty I gave up and resigned myself to a future without midriff bearing clothing.

I do really like the cocoa butter scent. It's lighter in this lotion than in others that I've used but still lasts quite a while and is nice.

Absorption
This one definitely leaves behind a greasy residue on your skin because it's made for really deep moisturizing.

I have stretch marks all over my stomach, arms, and things and this lotion didn't do a thing to prevent them or even lighten them up afterwards.