Other Cell Phone Providers:

Page Plus Cellular Service

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

Cheapest, best prepaid cell service available!

I got Page Plus service for both of my parents, after I clawed them out of their $70/month T-Mobile contract. They end up paying about $5 a month each now. For the price you really can't beat their service, but here's some pros and cons:

PROS:

(1) If you don't use the phone at all, you only have to buy $10 worth of minutes every 120 days -- that's $2.50 per month to keep your number, and have a functional phone laying around for emergencies!

(2) The phone lineup Page Plus has on their website is pretty limited. BUT what they don't tell you is that ANY old Verizon phone that is not currently on a contract will work with Page Plus! For my parents I bought a couple of used Verizon phones off Ebay for $10, but you can also splurge and get a fancier kind!

(3) Rates that never go higher than 10c a minute, (and are lower if you buy bigger bundles of minutes!) No other prepaid service can beat that.

(4) They don't outsource their phone-in customer service overseas! Their customer service people are knowledgeable and helpful, which makes up in spades for the buggy website.

(5) Page Plus operates on a full Verizon blueprint, so the coverage is great. Also, no roaming or long distance fees for any calls within and to the US. (that really should have been point number one...)

CONS:

(1) Their website is not very reliable. It crashes often, and it's practically not worth it to do phone activations over the internet -- they never worked for me. It's *always* better to call their customer service.

(2)  The automatic message preceding some calls, telling you how many more minutes you have left, while useful, is a bit annoying.

(3)  Their refill cards are not sold in regular stores, at least not often (and nowhere in California!), so you can't pick them up while you're getting groceries, and you can't pay cash for them. You pretty much have to use a credit card to buy minutes online, or over the phone. If you don't have a credit card -- tough luck.

(4) Page Plus phones don't roam in Mexico or Canada. This isn't such a huge deal, though: the other companies (TMobile, Verizon, etc.) that do offer international roaming on their prepaid phones charge over $2 a minute for the service. If you're going abroad and you want cell service, it's *always* cheaper to rent a phone, or to buy an old cheap-o GSM phone and get a local prepaid SIM card.

Here's my two cents!

Got screwed on phone price, phone choice, phone quality, & more.

When my Page Plus flip phone came apart, I odered a touch screen - Kyocera 3100. Choice of brands was limited to 3 Kyoceras. The phone sucks. Does not respond to touch, call quality is bad. Reception is bad - was good on the Motorola flip phone. Page Plus would not let me return it just a few days after it arrived without a restocking fee. Also, charged me $119, and the same phone was $99 (and remained $99) the day after it arrived. PP would not credit me the difference. I am looking for another service.

Call Quality
The Kyocera breaks up. People on the other end cannot make out what I'm saying because the crackling and static. Rarely has more than one bar in any location.

Coverage
Have not travelled with this phone so I'm giving it a neutral rating.

Plan Options
Plan options are good, but what good is that if the phone sucks.

Features
Kyocera phones don't have good ratings. Why does Page Plus only offer 3 Kyocera phones and no other brand. Selection is obviously limited - limited to poor quality phones.

Customer Service
Customer service has always been spotty. At this point, given the problems with the Kyocera - overcharged, no option to return a bad phone w/o a restocking fee, etc, I have to rate Page Plus customer service "poor." It pobably should be very poor.

robbery

from al

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

Why can't prepay plans let you keep and use what you pay for?

Do not waste your time with Page Plus.

from Boise, Idaho

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

Do not waste your time. The customer service with Page Plus is the worst. They hire people from out of the country to handle their calls for service. It's hard to understand their accents plus they are rude. It will take you a least several phone calls and going through a few of the so called supervisors and still not get your problem resolved. Long waiting lines. Plus, the help people will just hang up on you and not call back. This is so frustrating. When my month is finished I will be looking for a new cell service, it's not worth the horrible customer service.

this prodact is amazing

from newyork

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

the service is great everywhere

I well buy again

from Bahrain

Greatest

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

dont ever buy a phone from page plus....

from thomasville ga

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

they wont cover your phone even if you have warranty... bunch of rip offs....

Great price, good service

from Felton, CA

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

I used Page Plus for several years in Colorado. (Worked great till I moved to the mountains of California.)
No real problems with service, but takes a while to get a real person on the phone. I was able to keep my previous phone number, which was important to me. Usually takes about 3 days to get it changed over...so no service for a few days
As for phones...check out "MySupplyWorld" page plus 4 less..they have a pretty decent selection of new and refurbished phones. And they now have 4G LTE phone service too...as of 2015
So....bottom line:
-great price with great plans for any budget...
-good selection of phones through MySupplyWorld...
-OK customer service (they weren't available on weekends in 2012...dont know about 2015)

very disappointed (((

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

at first, I was very happy with their service. But then they started to charge taxes on my prepaid account. not only, their internet service is slowly becoming horrible. LTE service... What service? I constantly heat no internet signals which delays all my messages and inputs I do throughout the day. At first, I thought it was my old iPhone 4S, but then I got iPhone 6, still the same problem. I thought they are the best, but now I have to re-consider and go somewhere else for my service. Too bad, it doesn't last long....

Awesome savings, great coverage. It has 4g now!

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

In the past our family has been with T-mobile, Sprint, and Verizon, in that order, before switching over the Page Plus about a year ago. The savings have been incredible! And we get the same coverage as with Verizon! The coverage was a big deal to us, although we would be willing to have some decreasing quality with the amount of savings we were getting. We love that we can individually tailor each person's phone plan to their usage levels, and the plan is generous for us. Though there is a learning curve in the beginning, it is easy once you settle on a plan and do automatic monthly renewals. Customer service has been fine so far, and I use their free chat somewhat often. since I've had to change phones often. My husband did not like page plus because it did not have 4g capability before, but now he has no complaints since they recently got that going, as of October 2014!

Call Quality
Once in a blue moon, my call will drop because it says I have no more money on my account; however, I've always had enough. I just call the person again and there are no more issues.

same as verizon!

Plan Options
We've used the 12 and the 30 monthly plan, as well as the prepaid option. Decent options. They have international calling options, too.

I'm very happy with Page Plus

from Fairfax, MN

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

I have been with Page Plus for over a year and have been very happy with the service.

Coverage
I have much better coverage than I did with TracPhone.

Plan Options
I don't like that you cannot get the year plan on line. You have to find a dealer and the ones Page Plus have listed are not even in the business anymore. This is the one thing that I have not been happy with.

Features
This is all I want in a phone...others may want more, but for me its enough.

Customer Service
I have had problems with getting the minutes to show up on my phone, but when I called I got good service and the problem was solved quickly. One thing I do not like, I mentioned above is that the list of service providers they have is not up to date.

Decent reception

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Page Plus Cellular Service:

I have used page plus for a long time and find that it gets good reception in more areas. I have now passed it on to my mother because it gets expensive if you use it for anything more than emergencies. It is excellent if you only need to use it to make emergency calls or the occasional short call. I used it during my travels between Ohio and Indiana and never had much problems of areas where I was unable to get a signal. I was able to maintain a signal even in the hilly, woodsy areas where a lot of cells tend to lose the signal. And the call quality was very good at all times. Adding time to the phone was always very easy, just dial the number and input the code. It was really just a matter of following the instructions and your time is added immediately. I contacted customer service once in order to change my phone number, and the representative that I spoke with was very nice, friendly, efficient and helpful. Overall, I would say that this is an excellent cell phone provider for some one who does not make a lot of calls. Much cheaper than subscribing to a plan that will charge you for time and services you will not use. Wonderful for emergencies.