3.5
o.b.
o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons

o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons

3.5

O.B. Tampons Are the Best Designed Tampons - NEVER a LEAK!

I remember when O.B Tampons first came on the scene. Until then, I had used both the Tampax tampon and sometimes because it was what was available in a public bathroom for purchase, a Kotex tampon. I definitely was a fan of tampons and used them regularly even since I started menstruating. I had gotten used to have an applicator to use. You might say I "dependent" on them. When the O.B. Tampons launched, they were touted as being designed by women gynocologists. I was young and that sounded good, but there wasn't a lot in the Johnson and Johnson ads about why that was so great. Well, did go ahead and try them, and I have found them to be so much more comfortable than any other tampon that they are the only tampon that I buy.

Until recently...

Well, I had the chance to stock up on the Tampax tampons for a super low price, and who doesn't like a bargain after all? Well, the problem with them was that they leak a little. Oye! Who can deal with any kind of leak? It could potentially ruin both my lingerie and my clothes. So, I was going through the cheaper tampons twice as fast because I was worried about potential leakage and the cost of ruining my clothes. So, the "bargain" tampons were really no bargain whatsoever. They probably actually cost me more in terms of using more of them and having to contend with leakage than if I had just stuck with my tried and true O.B. Tampons.

They do come in a variety of absorbancies which is another benefit.

Even without an applicator, they enter our bodies very comfortably becuase there is a rounded tip design. The design for what shape they take on as they absorb is part of their superior No-LEAK design. And removing them is super easy. The string is very strong.

Don't try o.b. Tampons

Honestly, these may be more eco-friendly, but when it comes to my period- I want comfortable and effective. I try to be green and eco-friendly in other ways, but until they can make a quality product that's eco friendly, no more o.b. for me. I do not understand how anyone can think these are comfortable! I'm not sure what it is exactly, but theyre awful. I tried them when I was younger and thought they were awful, and recently thought maybe I should try them again as theyre cheaper and environmentally friendly and probably improved in comfortability over the past 10 years. No, this is not the case!

Now I have almost an entire box of these and will not use them, and tried to think of who used the brand and asked a couple friends if they ever used them- they could have them.. but no one I know seems to use them or like them, UNCOMFORTABLE being the common feeling about them. They are really small and easily concealed, but when I don't want to use them that's not really important to me anymore.

Environmentally friendly

from Minnesota

About Me Casual

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Need more than usual

• Moderate Days
  • Swimming

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

I used these because it was sent to me to try by being a bzz agent.
Love the ease and softness of application. On a especially heavy day you do have to use at least about two or more than usual of the super size, but that's fine as you should replace more often anyway for better hygiene. Especially love the fact that it is more environmentally friendly. No applicators that can't be recycled.

Love love love!

from Michigan

About Me On the go, Young

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Discreet
  • Easy to Use
  • Good Protection

Cons

• Light Days
    • Moderate Days
    • Swimming

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

I am a new user ofriendly o.b. tampons, and I have fallen in love! I am on the go frequently, as I work 12 hour shifts as nurse. I am also a mom and a student. These are easy to insert, and so comfortable. Since I was curious, I tested these side by side to the brand I usually use. After using o.b. I noticed that the brand I usually use is not comfortable, and more bulky, which I never noticed before.
    I would describe my flow, and medium to light, so I don't know how these would hold up against heavy flow. But they work perfectly for me!

I HATE o.b. tampons.

from Kansas

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

These tampons are just horrible. They are not comfortable to insert and are messy. IF you can get it inserted it does not absorb well and seems to move around. I think they used to use the catch phrase "made by gynecologists" or something similar to make them sound more appealing. I would really hope no reputable gynecologist would support this product.

These do not come with applicators like the majority of tampons. They are individually wrapped and you insert them by hand. I have great difficulty inserting these. I know my female anatomy well and I have read the instructions multiple times. I have never gotten one successfully inserted without a lot of discomfort. Once you FINALLY get one in then your hands have blood on them. If you are like me and have a heavier flow...you get the picture. GROSS. I can always feel these tampon once it is inserted and it always feels like it is moving.

Seriously, do not use these tampons. They are uncomfortable, unsanitary, and don't absorb very well.

They Are Absorbent But Can Be Messy

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

When I first started using the o.b. tampons I liked that they were discrete and I could carry five or six of them in my backpack but since they don't have an applicator (some of them do) you need to be able to wash your hands when you are done. There have been a few times when I've had to change my tampon while I was out shopping and the o.b. was the only one that I had with me. When I went to wash my hands, neither sink was working but I did have a pack of baby wipes with me so I was able to get almost all of the blood off my hands. Thankfully there was another bathroom at the front of the store so I went there, washed my hands then tracked down the manager to tell him about the sinks in the bathroom in the rear of the store.

What makes these a little better than the regular version? They have the Silk Touch cover which makes them a little more comfortable. If you aren't used to using a tampon without an applicator then you are going to want to read the pamphlet that comes with it so you can get a better understanding of how the end should be flared to make it easier to insert. They cost about the same and are worth trying if you like using tampons that do not have an applicator.

This is the regular size, it's great for when you are having a light to moderate flow but if you are wearing this on a light flow day you could get a little irritation when you go to change it. One of the things that o.b. really needs to do is change the names of their tampons; the regular is for lighter days and is the smallest sized one that they make. Most companies have this as the second on their list for absorbency (from lowest to highest). I use these when I have to be discrete when sneaking to the bathroom but when I know I am going to be using them I always have a pack of wipes with me in case there is no soap or a functioning sink.

Not recommended in spite of their "small" and "convenient" size.

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

This was recommended to me for my last marathon. I needed a product I could run with and feel confident throughout. Also because of their small size, it was easy to hid the tampon in my waist pack. However, fortunately, I tried this before marathon day as I discovered it was not the product for me.

Product is not very user friendly for application and if not placed correctly, tends to not stay in place over a couple of hours.

Very uncomfortable and inconvenient.

O.B. Tampons Are the Best Designed Tampons - NEVER a LEAK!

from Huntington Beach, CA

Until recently...

They do come in a variety of absorbancies which is another benefit.

Don't like it!

from Riverside, CA

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

I don't like these o.b. tampons. I prefer the tampons with applicator. For some women, these tampons may have better inserting becuase you're using your fingers, but I feel that my fingers get a bit dirty even if my finger is inside the tampon itself. It's very uncomfortable inserting hte tampon, and since I"m so used to the plastic applicators on other tampons, I had a hard time getting this tampon to slide into my body, and it was just an unpleasant experience overall. I gave up even at the point of inserting the tampon, so I can't comment on the absorbancy of the tampon. I've even tried using the silk ease tampon from the o.b. line, but I still felt very uncomfortable with the tampon insertion process.

Great for Beginners

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

When I first started using tampons my mom recommended the O.B. Pro Comfort Non Applicator tampons because they are smaller. The first time I used it, it was really uncomfortable but after that time I don't even feel it. I am always running around and doing some sort of physical activity so I am constantly looking for tampons that don't interfere with what I am doing and this worked out great. I only used O.B. for about a year or so before I moved to the Playtext Sport and Tampax Pearl. This tampon is non-scented and I actually prefer the scented ones. Applicators are also a lot easier to use which is why I stopped using this one. The O.B. tampons come in a tiny box with varying amounts in them. They are relatively cheap and there is always a deal on them, I feel like so I would give it a try. Personally, I found that other tampons work better in terms of ease and scent but this is great for those who are just trying out tampons for the first time.

Comfortable, not irritating

from Aberdeen, SD

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

I always use tampons when I have my period but they always cause irritation.  I have tried almost every brand out there and they all feel the same.  I was very hesitant to try these because they don't have an applicator, however I am very glad I did.  They are easy to use, super comfortable, and very small.  I love that I don't have to work so hard to hide them when I am at work.  The only problem I have encountered is that they are hard to find.  I recently read that there was some kind of problem or shortage of supply and the last trip to the store there were only four boxes left.  I really hope they can restock them soon because I don't want to go back to the other tampons.  I also love that they are more environmentally friendly.  Who can dislike that?  The box is tiny, which made me question if the advertisement was correct because it is hard to believe 40 tampons will fit in that box.  I am so glad I tried them and hope they start restocking soon.

o.b. Tampon offer the best convenience and protection

from Surprise, AZ

Comments about o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons:

I have been using o.b. Tampons for years and think they are the best.  I have tried all the other big name brands from time to time and always end up waiting for the box to be empty so I can buy more o.b. and wondering why I even ventured away from them in the first place.

Biggest plus about the o.b. tampons is their size.  I can just put one in my pocket and know that I have it with me and it’s no more noticeable then the tube of Chapstick.

o.b. tampons use less plastic, therefore these’s less waste to pollute the environment and have to be thrown out in the trash at home or in a public restroom.

Great protection.  I find other brands of tampons can immediately run down the string and cause a mess.  It seems to defeat the purpose of a tampon to me.  I don’t have this with o.b tampons.  The string never shows absorption unless it’s time to change it.

Can be a little pricey, but I think they are worth the extra money for the convenience and protection they offer.