Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Cons

Better Choice than some

from Greer, SC

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

Method's Lavender Foaming Hand Wash is not the best choice as far as I'm concerned, but it is a better option than some. For one thing, SLS is an ingredient that can be found in this soap. This is not a great ingredient to be dealing with, but the rest of the ingredients are better than all the ingredients in some other brands of hand soap. The smell is great and relaxing and the soap does clean hands really well. Also a little goes a long way with this hand soap. You do not need to use a lot to clean your hands. I would say if you are just starting out on natural products this would be an okay one to start with. I would however like to mention that there are better alternatives available. For the most part I appreciate the company trying to make a product that is better for an individual than most of the hand soaps out there. If you can find a better option, use it. If not, Method Lavender Foaming Hand soap is definitely a better choice than some.

Really good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I have in the past purchased and used this Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash numerous times and have been very pleased with it. When I first moved out into my own place this is the soap I purchased for my bathroom. I have to say that I purchased it because I liked how pretty the bottle was and I have always liked the lavender scented products. Well imaging my wonderful surprise when I tried this product and it was just perfect. Not only was it very pretty to look at it also was very good at cleaning my hands and left a very nice pleasant scent when I was done. When I got ready to go to bed I washed my hands and upper arms just so I could smell the relaxing lavender scent that put me to sleep. This soap was really good at moisturizing my skin and not leaving it feeling dry. The price of the Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash is a little steep but it is also well worth it. I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family members try this. You will be very glad you do.

Just Okay

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I'm not normally a big fan of foaming soaps, whether for dishes or hands, but I really like Method's products so I decided to give it a try.

I was pleased with the design of the bottle, which looked nice on the countertop in the bathroom. The purple color was also very pretty.

I was not pleased by the soap itself. The foaming action means that it has already produced all the bubbles it is ever going to so it does not lather nicely on the hands like a traditional hand soap. I felt like it didn't get my hands as clean as a regular soap.

The fragrance was pleasant but not wonderful. It wasn't as cloying as many lavender soaps.

I also found that a bottle of this foaming soap doesn't last as long as a traditional soap so it's not as good of a value as their regular soaps.

I did finish up this bottle of foaming soap, but I didn't purchase another one, instead returning to their regular soaps.

Overall this was just okay but I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

Foam Cleans Better And Uses Less Water

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I MUCH prefer to wash my hands with foaming soap. With foaming soap, I can use a small amount of actual soap and this method soap dispenser will create enough foam to completely cover my hands. I then do not need to use much water to rinse off the soap, so I think I am saving a lot of water because I am constantly washing my hands.

I thin these method bottles are really cute and I use this soap in my bathrooms and in the kitchen.

If you can't find the method soap to refill these bottles, you can just use any hand soap and water to refill the bottles. It works best to fill the empty dispenser with about 75% water and then 25% soap. I sometimes turn the bottle upside down or on its side to get the water and soap to combine better.

I've refilled these bottles over and over and also put the dispenser parts in the dishwasher multiple times and the bottles still look good and work good.

I think it is extremely important to completely wash hands. With this foam, I can visibly see that I am getting soap to cover every part of my hands. I usually spend a minute or two rubbing the foam all over my hands and I think the whole process is very hygienic.

Love it.

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I love Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash. The bottle and color look nice, it's a good size (not too big or too small), the pump works well, and the soap foams up nicely. The lavender scent is wonderful. Of the various scents Method has out there, lavender is one of my favorites. After using Method Lavender Hand Wash, my hands feel and smell clean without feeling dried out. Method tends to be a little bit more than store brand hand wash, but the ingredients are of good quality and less harmful to the environment. To be economical and save some money, you can always buy the single bottle Method hand soap, then buy the larger refill to keep on hand for when you run out. Well worth the price, and still cheaper than Williams-Sonoma.

After using Method, my hands feel clean and fresh. This hand soap is not messy at all. It foams up nicely without having to use a lot.

Very nice fragrance.

Lavender Foaming Hand Wash

Profile Image

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I love the gorgeous bottles that Method hand soaps come in. I have used their gel soaps for many years, but I also like their foaming hand wash even better.

The bottle is a pretty shape and the dispenser gives you a generous amount of foam with which to wash your hands. I feel like the foam cleans well, but it is lighter and easier to rinse off my hands than a liquid soap.

Many "lavender" scented products really don't smell (to me) like real lavender essential oil, but this one is really pretty close. The scent comes from a blend of essential oils and synthetic ingredients. There are no phthalates, NPEs and Method describes this soap as non toxic.

I think this foaming hand wash actually lasts longer than liquid soap, the bottle has lasted for several months! I love that Method adds moisturizing ingredients such as aloe vera, vitamin E and glycerin.

Lavender essential oil has no color, and while the Method soap has a lovely lavender color, I can't say I am pleased that they add synthetic colors to this soap. I would prefer a clear version, but I know I am probably in the minority on that subject.

The bottom line is this hand wash cleans well, it cuts grease and it leaves my hands smelling great.

Cleans well. Cuts the grease I get on my hands when I pull the skin off of my chicken!

Smells like real lavender, but their fragrance oils do contain some synthetics.

Method Foaming Hand Wash Is Great

from Wayne, NJ

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I've started going green in my house and am trying to stay away from harmful ingredients.  I recently decided to try  Method products after a friend recommended them, and I couldn't be more pleased.  First of all, this soap does not contain triclosan.  Triclosan is an anti-bacterial agent, which may or may not be harmful to humans.   The bottle is made with recycled plastic.  Method products are not tested on animals.  The soap itself  is great. The shape of the bottle is attractive.  It has a wide base, so my kids don't constantly knock it over.   It also  encourages my kids to wash their hands since they love the foam.  The smell is great.  It is not over-powering like some other brands.  I've tried other varieties of their foaming soaps, including Green Tea and Sweet Water  and have been equally happy.  They sell refills, if you really want to be economical.  The only negative is that Method soap isn't easy to find.   It also doesn't come  cheap.

Average hand soap

from West Fargo, ND

Comments about Method Lavender Foaming Hand Wash:

I have to say, this is an "okay" hand soap. It doesn't really lather very well, and doesn't last as long as regular hand soap. I will say that it comes in an attractive bottle and smells good. That alone is not enough for me to keep buying it, though.