4.8

Cons

This is surprisingly good

from Tucson, AZ

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Cleaning
  • Home

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

I really like the idea of using natural or free laundry detergents but haven't always had the best of luck. Sometimes things that don't have harsh cleaners in them just don't seem to do as good of a job or seem as effective as the top brands. I was surprised by the Method laundry detergent, however. It has a nice, soft scent and my clothes seemed clean. I like the concentrated form of this. When my daughter's soccer uniform had stains, it still got them out--so it is effective. My kids can have sensistive skin and we had no reactions to this detergent. I feel this is a quality product and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great, free from harsh chemicals laundry deterget

Method Free & Clear Laundry Detergent Cleans Up The Big Stains

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

My husband works in a factory setting which means his clothes get a lot of stains. Since they are generally grease stains, they are almost impossible to get out which makes doing the laundry frustrating and expensive (due to having to throw out a lot of ruined clothing). This is why I decided to give Method Free & Clear Laundry Detergent a try.

One reason I liked this detergent is because we all have various skin sensitivities that can be made worse by harsh detergents. I'm happy to report that no one had any issues with this detergent, even my son who has eczema. Another thing I liked about this detergent is that it is easy to find, even if I can't get to my regular store. I also like the fact that it is pretty inexpensive as far as name brand laundry detergent goes.

The big question is how did it do on my husband's work stained clothes? I'm happy to report that it did a pretty good job! It took out a lot of the stains and left his clothes fresh smelling. The only thing I really didn't like (and the reason it got 8 rather than 10) is that it didn't get out all the stains (especially the sweat based ones).

Excellent detergent

from Wisconsin

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

Love this detergent except it costs a little bit more than the average detergent. It's the only reason I didn't give it a 10. It works great and is so nice not to have a detergent full of dyes, scents and other harmful chemicals. One thing I like about this is that it is more gentle on our clothes. In fact, I sometimes like to keep this on hand specifically for our clothes that require the gentle cycle, such as bras, nylons, dresses or other items made of fragile material. There's no reason to use more of this detergent than a detergent that isn't organic or natural. I think people have the belief that natural cleaners don't work as well, and that's just not true. I've used this Method detergent for years and see absolutely no difference in cleaning ability than the others. In fact, it's easier on our washing machine, better for our health and environment, so it's a no brainer to me. This should be one of the detergents at the top of everyone's list.

Easy to use and works great.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

This is easy to use if you're not good at measuring laundry detergent or if you use liquid laundry detergent way too fast, like me. I used to go through a bottle in half the loads that the bottle said I would use (it just never seemed like enough). Using these bottles, I use the correct amount and I know it will work because I've seen it work before. I got a sample of this originally and it came in a cute little mini-sized bottle that looked just like the regular-sized bottles. It worked so great and it lasted for so long that when it ran out I bought a full sized ones and now it's nearly the only detergent I use (other than Tide, which is my second favorite). I really recommend this for people with a small laundry room or for those who go through liquid laundry detergent way too fast.

It cleans clothes really well and it keeps them looking fresh and new. It is good on sensitive skin, too, as I usually break out in a small rash when using some other detergents.

This is a very gentle detergent.

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

I really liked the hand soap from this brand so I decided to give the laundry detergent a try as well. The result was very satisfying. All the stains were gone including those on my child's clothes that are normally difficult to get off. I didn't have to use anything else to get rid of residual stains. The ingredients are also very gentle so I felt safe using this detergent on my child's clothes. The detergent is very good because my child didn't have any skin trouble after wearing clothes that were used with this detergent.

The detergent was surprising strong given that the ingredients are safe and gentle. All the dirt and food stains were completely gone after just one cycle. I didn't even have to use extra bleach.

The scent is very gentle and not that overpowering. You do feel that the clothes get a nice detergent scent and feel that they have been washed. But the scent is not artificial and doesn't last that long.

Love It!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

I loved Method's original scent laundry detergent but I try to use as few scents as possible on clothing due to my family's sensitive skin so I was thrilled to find this Free and Clear version!

This tiny bottle seems like it's a waste since you wonder how they could possibly get all those loads worth of detergent in such a small bottle but this is super concentrated and you really only need a little bit for a load. I like the pump dispenser which keeps you from going overboard and using your regular amount of non-concentrated detergent when you don't really need to.

This is also designed for front loading HE washers, which is a nice bonus for those who have them.

This detergent is also a little powerhouse. It gets out dirt, sweat, food, whatever out of clothes and dishcloths and leaves everything clean and smelling fresh, but without an added scent.

I highly recommend this to those who are looking for a greener alternative to their current detergent.

Method products are great!

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

I have found Method products to be consistently excellent and their Free and Clear Laundry Detergent is no exception. I have used it in both standard and high efficiency machines and it has done a great job of getting my family's clothes clean in both types of washers. When I first started using it a few years ago in my standard machine I wasn't sure that the clothes would really come clean using the small amount that the package tells you to use. They did! Now that I have an HE machine I use even less for a larger amount of clothes and the clothes still come out clean. Method products are super gentle. I even used this detergent on my daughter's clothes when she was a newborn. It got out all of the various stains that come with babies without fading her clothes or irritating her skin. I also have sensitive skin and I have accidentally gotten some of this detergent on my skin before and had no reaction at all.

My only laundry detergent

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

I LOVE this laundry detergent. It does a great job of getting EVERYTHING out. My son has VERY sensitive skin and this is the only detergent that doesn't cause his eczema to flare up. Combined with the Method dryer sheets this detergent is all you'll ever want. The bottle recommends 4 pumps for a load, I generally use 2, sometimes 3 depending on how much fun my son had in the dirt that week.

This gets EVERYTHING out, I don't use any in-wash boosters and I NEVER use bleach but my whites are white and my brights are bright. I use this in cold water for most of my clothes and hot for towels and linens. Fabric softener also isn't required with this laundry detergent.

Just as it should be, the unscented laundry detergent has no scent but the clothes still smell clean when they come out of the washer and even better coming out of the dryer! I do have a couple of the scented ones (usually Fresh Air) for our bedding, the unscented is used for everything for my son.

4 drops is all it takes for a load, no fragrance but has scent

from Boston, MA

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

The initial purchase of this detergent is the most expensive. After that you can get the refill pouch and just refill the dispensing bottle. And it gets more affordable. 4 pumps from the special dispenser is all it takes for a full load, and I find that's for larger/soiled loads, but a regular sized sing-person load can do with less. It has no fragrances but it does have a faintly oily smell. Overdo it and you clothes will smell of that. But still thanks to the absence of potent (and toxic) artificial fragrances, it does not irritate skin/leaves skin less dry, and does not set off respiratory/migraine sensitivities, and that's totally worth it. What's more, it's environmentally friendly - got to love that. So all in all, it's a very good product!

Washes clothes without adding extra scents.

Comments about method Free and Clear Laundry Detergent:

Obviously, this product is "Free and Clear".. so it doesn't have that strong laundry smell like most detergents do. It's great if you have sensitive skin, allergies, or if you just aren't a fan of added fragrances. Some people may be mistaken by the lack of fragrance left on their clean clothes, thinking they didn't get fully clean. That is not the case, this detergent definitely removes the stink and lifts dirt from your laundry pile!

What can I say? It washes well, and one bottle lasts a long time! Easy to use squirt bottle makes doing laundry quicker.

The scent is right on track, it's not there! :)