4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Toasting Evenness:

Nice features for the money. Watch for toast to pop up fast!

This is a nice toaster for the money with the features found on more expensive toasters.  However, watch out when the toast is ready to pop up because it literally flies up in the air.  My husband says this will settle down in time since the toaster is so new but it really took me by surprise the first time it did it.  I love the fact that the toaster accomodates so many different sizes of breads, bagels, waffles etc... and that I can modify the modes so easily.  The cancel button feature is great.  I'm pleased with this toaster and felt it was a good value.

Kenmore toaster lever malfunction.

I received this kenmore toaster from my daughter for Christmas. I only used it a couple of times and the catch that holds the toast down on the left side of toaster , stopped working.  The only way to get it to work is to stand there and hold the lever down myself.

High quality for a great price

from SalemNY

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

When my old 4 slice toaster stopped working, I shopped around looking for a new one. I found the Kenmore 4 - slice toaster and was happy with the price which wasn't too expensive but was on the lower cost range for these kind of toasters. I like the style and design of it and it had features comparable to more expensive toasters. This toaster fits every single type of bread that I have used in it without a problem. It also toasts very fast which is great when making breakfast for my large family. Overall, for the price, design and quality I would recommend this toaster to anyone looking for a 4 slice toaster!

Toasting Evenness
Toasts both sides equally and evenly.

Safety
Have not had any issues with safety so far!

Very simple and easy to clean as many toasters are.

Very study design and buttons seem very durable.

Very stylish looking with the stainless steel look and buttons that many toasters don't have.

A good product

from NA

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

I recently bought the Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster and the product is really good. I need to prepare toasted bread everyday for breakfast and my children love eating it hot and crisp and this toaster is doing a very good job till date. The bread pops out totally crisp and brown and the fragrance as well is good. The color of this product matches the other utensils in my kitchen and it easily fits in the corner where it remains dry and clean. It is very easy to clean this toaster and it does not become hot when being used and is safe to use when in operation. The cord provided is also of a good quality.

It takes approximately 4-5 minutes to toast one slice of bread using the product and it can toast even frozen bread well. The color of the product is really good and it looks classy and Kenmore is known for its good quality products. The products comes with crumb trays which help in cleaning the product.

versatile toaster

from Manheim, PA

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

This toaster accomodates, bread ( any thickness), bagels, & english muffins. It has a bagel button, a defrost button, & a cancel button. Toasts evenly & quickly. Worth the money!

Toasting Evenness
The cancel button allows you to easily stop anything from getting burnt.

Safety
Thick cord is easy to wrap & store without harming wires.

The stainless steel is very easy to wipe handprints off of it.

Goes camping with us and gets bounced around in camper, but hasn't affected the toaster.

Sleek looking stainless steel goes great with any decor. The slots are wide enough to see food being toasted. Slots are big enough to toast just about any thickness of bread, bagels etc, without food getting stuck.

Good Looks Are Deceiving

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

This a great looking appliance but unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say about this toaster. It has a defrost function as well as reheat and bagel, however, this toaster cannot do the basic: toast a piece of bread! The top half of the bread will burn before the bottom half gets only slightly warm. To say that it toasts unevenly is an understatement. This is a great looking piece of junk! Buyer Beware!!

Kenmore Black 4-Slice toaster - toasty perfection

from Grapevine, TX

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

I didn't know what features I wanted in a toaster until I saw the Kenmore Black 4-slice toaster.

An avid bagel eater, I was tired of having to fiddle with my old toaster's settings until it got the bagel just right. I have no idea what it does differently to so perfectly toast a bagel, but it does it and the proof is easy to see. I never knew what I was missing! Perfect bagels every morning!

Additionally, sometimes I purchase bread and the like in bulk and then freeze it for a short time to maximize my savings. Have you ever tried to throw frozen bread in a toaster? It doesn't end well. However, Kenmore's 4 slice toaster perfectly defrosts the bread, then toasts it to a perfect darkened brown.

But perhaps you like light brown? Well that's no problem since it has an easy-to-use dial on the side, one for EACH set of 2 slots! If you like light toast and your significant other likes dark toast, or vice-versa, no problem!

How many times have you absent-mindedly pushed down already-toasted toast back into the toaster, then, fraught with peril, tried to get the toast out without thrusting it into the air and perhaps onto the ceiling? Well Kenmore's innovative "CANCEL" button prevents that potential disaster!

4 slots, separate controls for each set, a cancel button, and it looks pretty sharp, too. Not in the sense that you could hurt yourself while using it, but it is black and stainless steel and goes perfect in any modern kitchen.

4-slice toasters rule...

from State College, PA

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

Toasters are necessary devices in any kitchen, and after years of buying cheap 2-slice toasters, I and my wife decided to "upgrade" to a better design, robust 4-slice unit. This Kenmore four-slice toaster was a must buy for my six-year old daughter, probably because of the bright red color, and so we ended up with this particular design. With a small family (three members) that just loves bread, this toaster has become very useful in the morning rush-hour breakfast preparation ritual. The construction seems hardy, so we expect to get a few years use out of this toaster. Thicker sliced bread also goes into the toaster which is quite necessary since we buy a lot of good non pre-sliced bread. I recommend this toaster for anyone who is looking for a mid-priced toaster.

Love My Toaster

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

I received the Kenmore toaster recently, for my birthday, as my older toaster was not toasting only on one side. The 4 slice Kenmore was a pleasant surprise. It not only does toast but bagels and has other features also, such as defrosting. I have been using it and love the way it makes my toast even on both sides. I also like that it is modern and you just push buttons to cancel, reheat or defrost, very easy to use. I find this to be an excellent product and am very happy with my toaster.

This toaster is a waste of money

from Hartville, OH

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

From day one, the Kenmore 4-slice Toaster has been a real let-down. I bought this toaster at Sears. I chose it because it was the finish (color) that I was looking for and it was middle of the road in pricing. It has bagel and defrost features that I thought would be good because we are bagel eaters. After the first use, the toaster did not toast evenly. After the first week, I consulted the manual because I thought I must be doing something wrong. I wasn't. I looked inside the toaster, and saw that the little wires that run side to side were not lighting all the way up while toasting, therefore I was getting toast that was spotted all over. Toasted in only a small part of one side of the bread. Before the month was over, all 4 slots looked and performed the same way. I also had a problem with the dial "fronts" staying on. One is completely missing now. It sat on my counter (because we use a toaster several times a day) looking ugly. I returned it to sears and they would not refund my money because I did not have a receipt. I wouldn't recommend this toaster.

I like my Kenmore 4 slice toaster.

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

This four slice toaster by Kenmore is a very nice buy. I forget how much I paid for it but I know I was on a pretty tight budget at the time so it couldn't have cost much. I like that it holds four slices and can toast bread, bagles, english muffins, whatever you want. I hear you can cook mini pizzas in it, but I've never been brave enough to try that one. It has a lot of features that I have never used but it's cool to know they are there. It looks nice in the kitchen, all shiny and silvery but it does take up a good amount of counter space. It would look nice in a large modern kitchen with stainless steal appliences.

As far as toasting goes, it works well. You have a wide range when it comes to how brown you want your toast, 1 - 9 setting and each side can be set on it's own. The dial lights up so you always know what setting you are on and it's hard to accidently change the brownness level.

It looks good, it works well, I'd recommend this toaster!

Makes perfect toast

from Nash, TX

Comments about Kenmore 4-Slice Toaster:

I recieved a Kenmore 4-slice toaster for Christmas and I love it.  It is very easy to clean, has very wide slots to accomodate pretty much anything you would need to put in it and it matches my kitchen decor, which is red.  It has settings for frozen foods, such as waffles, where you just push the defrost button after you put the food in and the toaster knows to defrost the food and then warm it up.  It also has a Bagel button where you can toast bagels and english muffins crisp on the inside, but not on the outside.  Then there is also a reheat button where you can warm up your food without browning or toasting it.  The best part is the cool touch feature where you do not get burned if you accidently bump up against it while you have something in there.  So far I love everything about it and it has been used several times since I got it.  I think the price is probably a little more than I would have probably liked to pay, but since it was a gift, I have no complaints.