1.5
Pet Care Websites
iDogBeds.com

iDogBeds.com

1.5

disappointing product and return policy

Comments about iDogBeds.com:

We ordered an orthopedic bed for our dog after she was having some discomfort and had to have minor surgery. This bed was pricey, but we had thought it would be worth it to help with her healing, and we had researched the bed and felt confident in its quality. we received the bed, and our dog did not take to it. despite the quality, she just did not like it as much as an average blanket. We called idogbeds to figure out a return shipping address.
They lectured us about being confident in our order and how it was inconvenient for them to have to return items. They told us we would have to pay an additional twenty percent fee on top of our order in order to return the item, even though we had no use for it at this point.
We were extremely upset and discouraged by their lack of professionalism and the additional fee which was not stated up front. We will not be recommending idogbeds or doing any more business with them.

Very bad return policy

from Enumclaw, WA

Comments about iDogBeds.com:

I ordered an Ortho Thermo-Bed XLarge for my dog, Zeke.  We tried it out and it didn't work for him.  Fine, we follow the return instructions and call them.  They are going to charge a 20% restocking fee!  I feel this is ridiculous and not only will I not be purchasing anything from them again but I highly discourage anyone else from doing so.

Terrible Customer Service

from Brooklyn, CT

Comments about iDogBeds.com:

Purchased two of the exact same dog beds from idogbeds.  Received one bed in fairly short order.  Packing slip stated that only one bed had shipped.  After several days of waiting for the second bed to arrive it never did.  Went to the idogbeds on-line customer service center and after two separate requests over three days never got a response.  Then called customer service line  four times over two weeks and never got a square answer.  Company blamed me stating that all the items had shipped.  When I told them I had packing slip saying they didn't I was placed on hold and told they would get to the bottom of it.  Three days later still no response and no dog bed.  THIS COMPANY SUCKS.

Why pay more for the dog's bed than your own?

from Montgomery, IL

Comments about iDogBeds.com:

I didn't even get as far as the ordering process, but I ran into this company representative at a booth at a dog show.   The products displayed were of very high quality, and I was interested in the orthopedic options for my German Shepherd who has hip issues.  I seldom make large purchases on the spot, so I accepted a business card and decided to go online and check it out, see if there were more products offered, see if I could get more info on the actual manufacturer.  And to see if you eliminated the middle man and eliminated commission to a sales person, if the cost was more reasonable.    No to all of the above....it kind of sent up a red flag that if you were somehow less than thrilled, it would be hard to correct.  I also started digging around online and found that other retailers both on the web and in actual physical locations carry some of these products although the website attempts to portray them as exclusive.  And I found a wide variance of pricing too with this website being on the highest end of the price spectrum.   This company advertises on Dog.com and in several other breed and dog related forums.   And the cost of their items is much higher than the items warrant, you can get comparable for less money, and still get much better customer service response.  This is one case where buying online doesn't save time or money, because you will make up for it one way or the other.   Not faulting the products, just the way this group does business.