Other Knives & Cutleries:

Hamilton Beach Electric Knife

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

We Could Not Do Corn Without This Knife!

I remember a friend of mine telling me that if I wanted one thing that would be valuable in our kitchen, I should make SURE to get an electric knife. I ran out and got an electric knife, but then I was not sure what to do with it, so it sat in my kitchen cupboard for a long time.

One day someone gave us a large amount of sweet corn and we were using a mandoline to take the corn off of the cob, but it was really easy to cut yourself if you were not careful.

Then I was going through my cupboard and saw the electric knife and knew that we had an answer! Out came the electric knife and we quickly and easily removed all of the corn from the cobs and the electric knife had a new position of honor in our household.

We since then purchased an electric knife from Hamilton Beach to make sure that we could do corn twice as fast as before with more people doing it at once, and we have been thrilled

Comfort
This knife is very comfortable to use. It is almost effortless to operate and it cuts through the corn easily. We rarely eat meat so we have not used it for that, but when we do large amounts of corn on the cob, my hands do not get tired or sore at all.

This knife is fantastic. Our corn comes right off the cob without a struggle or frustration at all! I just snap the knife blades into the base unit and it locks into place and it is good to go. I have never had a single problem with it.

We have had this knife for almost six years now and love it. It works just as well now as it did when we first got it. It cuts through corn like butter and makes it so fast and easy that I get excited every time it is time to bring it out. It still works beautifully.

This is such a nice design- it is easy to assemble and take apart for cleaning. It is also not too difficult to store either. I really enjoy using this electric knife because it makes my task so easy that what I used to dread having to do, is now exciting! Corn has become one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen, whereas before I avoided it due to not having enough time to process it all. This knife is designed so well, that it makes it easy to use, comfortable to hold, and not tiring to operate over a long period of time either.

Too Awkward

I was in desperate need of an electric knife that I had been putting off buying for some time. After one too many roasts being destroyed by my hand carving I finally ordered the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife model #74275. The very first time I made a roast after purchasing the electric knife I ran to the closet for my Hamilton Beach which was just sitting there now waiting for me. I plugged it into the wall and rolled up my sleeve. I immediately hit a very disappointing wall. OK, I'm a little older and have arthritis in my hands but it's not that bad. I found the knife terribly heavy to hold and the handle way too wide to get a comfortable grip. I was getting an ache in my hand. I switched hands. Got the same ache in the other hand. There is no finger indentations to help you hold on to the handle. It's just a heavy, smoothly rounded handle that you are suppose to hold on to while carving. It didn't work for me. I managed to get through carving the roast with a great deal of effort and unhappiness. I was sorry that I didn't pay more attention to the shape of the carving handle. The one on the #74275 is not made with a good grip and it is too heavy for comfort. I would not recommend this to a friend who was searching for an electric knife.

Awesome Knife - Hamilton Beach Electric Knife

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

This is a great electric knife. This is my second one. My first one, I had for over ten years. Then my husband decided to cut a whole chicken. What a mistake. He was cutting the chicken then hit a bone and that was the end of my electric knife. It made a loud noise, then shut off and wouldn't start again. This one, I told my husband, hands off. I like it because it is easier for me to use than a regular knife. It's easy to clean also. I put the blades in the dishwasher and just wipe down the (motor housing) handle with a damp cloth. It has on/off button, not too fancy but it does the job. It comes with a protective plastic sleeve for the blades. If never used an electric knife before, it might take a few tries to get used to how it works. I suggest practice with foods that don't have bones. This knife isn't strong enough to cut through bones or frozen foods. Always use on a cutting board when using this.

A Luxury I'm Not Used To

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

This electric knife probably works as well as any. I have had this appliance for quite some time and rarely use it. This is not because there is anything wrong with the product, but more because I am not very compelled to use something as strange to me as an electric knife. i only have used the electric knife one time on Thanksgiving. My opinion is that this tool is not as easy to use as a real knife, which I feel I can get more control out of and experience less fear. Clearly this is an appliance that is sharp, so feeling comfortable with it is very important. I would consider trying to use it more and perhaps it would be a useful tool. But based on the pro's VS the con's, I would have to say the benefits do not outweigh the obstacles for me. To sum it up, I am not inclined to use this electric knife, fear the moving blade and then deal with the cleanup. I would also like to say though, that I can see where someone with a lot of cooking and use for this item, would feel differently. It works as it should, I am just not inclined to use this knife, based on my own preference.

Perfect Carving Set

from Pikeville, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

I was unsure if I'd be able to use this the first time I tried. Being a female, I was a little intimidated. Plugged it up and away I went carving up a ham. It was easy to use. I was convinced I could use it for all my carving needs.

Comfort
I am a petite person and this fit my small hand very well. It is comfortable and easy to hold even with small hands. The blades are just the right length to cut through whatever meat you are carving. My husband has no trouble. He is a fairly big guy and it fits him well too.

We have owned our knife set for many years. It cuts as good today as the day we purchased it. We've used it on ham, turkey, chicken and pork roast. It slices through the meats like butter.

Nothing has gone wrong with this quality knife set. We've owned it for several years and plan to use it for many more.

I love the ease of clean up. Simply release the blades, separate them and put them in the dishwasher to do the dirty work without getting cut!

• Comfort:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

useful & quality product that performs beautifully which cuts evenly exactly where you want

Comfort
easy to grip and hold while cutting

cuts precisely & evenly without any slippage for wonderful dinner presentation

very well constructed with strong materials and should last a long time

easy to hold and use and attractive enough to leave and display on your counter-top

• Comfort:

Good Electric knife is hard to find

from Neptune, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

My husband and I like to use an electric knif to cut our meat after it is cooked. We have had many knives and often they break after a short period of time. We have had this knife for about a year and so far no complaints. The meat is cut very easily and evenly and cleanup is very quick. It is very easy to clean by removing the blades and popping them into the dishwasher. It is a very reasonably priced appliance and would highly reccommend it.

• Comfort:

Perfect Slices of bread, meat EVERY time!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

I love our Hamilton Beach Electric Knife! It works perfectly every time. We use it on homemade bread and it doesn't crush it at all. We also love to use it to cut delicate roasts, ham and turkey for Thanksgiving as it require no effort. It is a little tricky to stay in a straight line (at least for me, not the hubby). Otherwise I really can't live without it, because we would have chopped up meat to serve instead (or mushed bread!)

• Comfort:

Makes carving any meat much easier.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

Using an electric knife is a bit like using a miniature chainsaw. It's pretty fun! And if you've never used one before, you'll wonder why you waited so long once you try it. It makes carving any kind of meat so much easier.

Comfort
I found the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife to be pretty comfortable to use, although I do wish that the handle had some type of non-slip grib. When your hands get a bit greasy, it can make gripping the handle a bit difficult.

It carves meat great. I don't have a lot of experience carving meat, but I thought I did a pretty good job with the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife. The slices of meat came out even, and it can even carve off meat in the hard-to-reach spaces of the turkey.

It seems pretty durable. There was one design flaw that was a bit of a turn off, but I've discussed that below.

The only thing I didn't like about this electric knife was that the blades didn't lock in place very easily. I thought they were in, but as I carved, they came right out in my hand! And later, the same thing happened to my father.

• Comfort:

We Could Not Do Corn Without This Knife!

from Podunk, NY

• Comfort:

My Hamilton Beach Electric Knife works great, every time!

from Harrison, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

I was given this electric knife as a present from my younger sister. I bake a lot of bread, as she does. And, she saw how I was attempting to slice freshly baked bread, so she gave me this great gift. This knife works perfectly to slice fresh bake bread without squashing it, as I had been doing in the past. I have only had it a few months, so haven't tried using it on other foods, but, I am completely satisfied with it so far. I like that it comes with it's own case. It is easy to clean, but of course, care must be taken, because the blades are very sharp. I do definitely recommend using a cutting board, as it would do damage to some kitchen counter tops. I can't wait to try it on other foods, but for now it works great for my needs

• Comfort:

SImply the Easiest way to carve almost anything!

from Michigan City, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Electric Knife:

What can I really say about the Hamilton Beach Electirc Knife that hasn't already been said. Well probably not much, but I do have to let you know how much I love mine. I have had it now for quite some time and it had been one of my husbands favorite kitchen tools. He ususe it every chance he gets. He carves the turkeys, hams and even orasts with it. And every time he usues it he mentions how glad he is that we bought it. I couldn't agree with him more! it really does make slicing the meat a breeze. I have even used it at our church to cut up lots and lots of meat for special dinners we have and it has held up like a dream! I thought it was a little expensive when we first got it, but boy was I wrong! It has been worth every penny we spent. I have to admit I have even used it on a few unconventional item too. We were getting ready for a youth activity and i had to cut up some pool noodles to make small rounds and half the length pieces. Well I wasn;t going to stand there sawing away at these pool noodles, so I got out the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife. It was amazing. It cut through those pool noodles in no time and the blades weren't even dulled a bit by them! You neve know what you might cut with it!!

Comfort
Sometimes it is a little difficult to hold on to it well, especially if my hand gets a little slippery.

Cuts well all the time!

Has held up pretty well, although some of the plastic has chipped a bit.

Seems like it could be streamlined a little.