Other Cloth Diapers:

gDiapers gpants Diapers

Pros

Cons

Love my gDiapers!

My daughter has been using gDiapers since she was about 1 month old.  At the time she was born they didn't carry the newborn size and she was just too tiny to fit into the small size.  Once she was big enough to actually wear them I fell in love.  From very early on in my pregnancy I knew I wanted to use gDiapers.  They seemed like the perfect combination of disposible and cloth.  While they are more expensive than regular disposible diapers I like knowing that I'm not contributing to the millions of regular disposible diapers that end up in landfills.  Some pros for the gDiaper: economical - while the initial cost is high (g covers and cloth inserts if you go that route) it won't compare to the amount of money that would be spent on disposibles until the child is potty trained; earth friendly - because nothing is ending up in a landfill these are very earth-friendly (regular inserts can be flushed or composted); Best of both worlds - I like that if I am going to be out and about running errands I have the option of using the disposible insert.  While I am at home I use the cloth inserts.  There is only one con that I have experienced: leaking.  This is rare and only happens when I am not diligent in changing the diaper in a timely manner.  I guess the other downside to leaking is that my daughter can't wear them overnight.  I have heard that some people just double up the inserts, but I acutally just use a earth-friendly disposible.  All in all I think this is a great product and I would definately recommend.

Gdiapers great concept but not for my kids

I purchased a Gdiapers starter kit when my first child was about 20 months old. It took a while to discover that she is sensitive to the material and we cannot use these diapers. Sadly, my second daughter also proved to have a rash caused by the diapers, and I decided not to even try them with my son! I even tried the cloth inserts (as I now exclusively cloth diaper) but they still caused a terrible reaction in my daughter. I am assuming the plastic liners are the cause of the reactions in my daughters. If you are thinking of trying them, you may want to start small! Aside from this problem, Gdiapers are a good product. Their company seems like a great one, with good goals for their product and environmental impact. When I first began using them I used disposables and did not know how easy cloth diapering could be. I decided to try gdiapers and see how they worked. The flushable inserts are interesting, but would often clog my toilet. The pants themselves are very cute. I actually find gdiapers more difficult to use than other cloth diapers! I have decided to sell my gdiaper “stash,” and I hope that someone else can find good use for them.

Adorably Eco-friendly

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

I adore the gpants by gdiapers! Not only do they look adorable on my little girl, but are good for the environment. I rotate between the cloth liners and the biodegradable liners easily.

Leak Prevention
Every so often my little one will leak through, but that is all dependent on how much liquid she drinks through out the day.

Good alternative

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

My first kid wore these regularly to prevent diaper rash, and they worked well during the day. My second kid isn't as sensitive, so we don't use them as much, but they're still really cute and work pretty well. And I like being able to compost the wet ones, instead of just throwing them away.

It's partially laziness, but assembling these is not a high priority. It's not hard to do, just tedious. If they aren't closed before washing, the Velcro sticks to everything and tends to get rolled up, which makes them harder to close.

Leak Prevention
Hands down disposables win this category, but for normal day wear they work just fine. It's the older ones with the elastic in the liners getting worn out that causes the biggest problem. We've gotten separate replacement liners to give the actual gpants a longer life.

Comfort
As long as the Velcro is closed correctly, the munchkins have been perfectly happy wearing them.

Absorbency
Again, not good enough for night time wear, especially once the liners get a little stretched out. But basically good.

good diapers

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

overall good diaper. i like that they save us money and are healthier for my son. the colors that are available are good. i just wish they had more of a selection of colors with the bundle packs. they can kinda be a pain to get on when my son is at that age where he squims so much. i sometimes wish they were a little easier to put on.

sometimes it can be difficult to get the insert to fit right inside the cover

Leak Prevention
sometimes we have leak issue..this morning being one. he went to bed at 10pm, which is when a fresh diaper was put on and woke up at 8, and was all soaked, even the cover.

Comfort
they sometimes leave marks on my sons skin from the little orange snaps on the inside and where the velcro parts are. you have to make sure the straps are just so so that the velcro doesnt rub their skin, which can be kinda hard to do with a squimy babe

Absorbency
sometimes when we wake up in the morning, they will be all wet. im talking about the cover too :(

Money Saving & Ecological

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

We've been using Gdiapers since just weeks after my 8 mth old daughter was born. We love the little gpant patterns and colors. Being able to be stylish and ecological is a real bonus!

Once you get the hang of it, I think gdiapers are just as easy if not easier than disposibles.

Leak Prevention
If washed properly, no leaks!

Comfort
Fit my little chunky one well.

Like any diaper.

gDiapers are great!

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

I did not start off cloth diapering with my son until he was 7 months old. I wish I had though. With diapers like gdiapers, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I think the nastiest part if cloth diapering is the poopy part which gdiapers solve for me. I put the gdiapers on my son in the mornings when he usually has to poop so when he does, all I have to do is toss the poop and not have to worry about washing it later. I also use fuzzibunz the rest of the time because they are easier to put in and hold more pee. I love the idea of gdiapers but I find it takes more time to put them together, they leak at times, and are not as durable as the fuzzibunz. I think the combination of gdiapers with a pocket diaper system is the best bet. Cleaning poop off the fuzzibunz for me is just so gross.

Cute and easy to use...

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

We were given two size small gdiaper pants when my second child was born. I love how cute they are and how vibrant the colors are.

I used the pants with the prefolds I already had folded inside - rather than buying the gdiaper inserts. I used organic prefolds which are a little thinner, so they fit inside the gdiaper pants well.

I really liked how quickly and easily these covers worked when diapering baby. The velcro made it very easy.

However I didn't like how the velcro began to roll back over time, which made it less effective and easier to come lose. This happened a few times. Also when baby wet in the diaper there were more leaks than I expected. I usually had to wash the gdiaper pants more often than my Prorap covers because of the leaking.

The cloth is very comfortable, though, and I think my baby liked the feel of them because of this. I didn't purchase the next size up after she grew out of these, but I might do that next time around. Overall they are cute and nice to have as a cloth diaper cover option.

Recently Made the switch to gDiapers, So Happy!

from De Forest, WI

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

My family has recently made the switch from our cloth diaper service to home cloth diapering. After much research and contemplation, we decided to use the gDiaper system for the convience it offers.

First, the pants are absolutely adorable. The colors are vibrant and fun. The beat the pants off (no pun intended) our previous wraps (ProRap). They are sleek and trim. My daughter is so comfortable in them.

Secondly, I love the flexibity the pants offer. I definitly prefer to use cloth diapers, but it is nice sometimes to use disposables while traveling. The gDiapers are fantastic that they allow you to use both options. Plus, I don't feel nearly as bad about using the gDiapers disposable options as traditional disposables.

gDiapers are little expensive to get started. But, after doing cost comparisons I found that the intial cost of gDiapers is about the total cost of some of the other options I looked at (ProRap) which require more frequent size-ups.

I have had one problem with the gDiapers. My daughter has explosive poos (sorry for the detail.) The gDiapers seem to have trouble containing them. The poo often leaks into the gPant. I'm still working on figuring out if this is problem with the fit or the gDiapers themselves.

happy momma

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

I decided to try cloth diapers on my second child since disposables are such a waste. I must say I am happy with gdiapers. They seem to be very comfy for my son and the gcloth insetrts seem to be very absorbant. I also think the flushable inserts work very well. The only problem I have is the occassional leaks. The gdiapers are also very cute and wash up good. They are easy to use as well.

Love GDiapers!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

I am a happy Gdiapers mom. I love the gpants because they come in fun colors, and they are made with really soft fabric so my baby is always comfortable. I use gdiapers with the cloth insert and although I was a little hesitant to try these at first I'm now a believer! My main concern was that the cloth inserts would somehow be smelly or stained if I didn't wash them right away. But after washing in the Hot cycle they came out just as brand new: no smells, no stains. Regarding leaks: I have only had a few in a couple of months, mainly because I wasn't putting the liner in properly. Once I figured out how to check and make sure it was properly placed leaks were eliminated altogether. I probably had more issues with disposables when it came to explosive poopy diapers. The difference between these diapers and disposables is that you want to make sure you don't miss a diaper change and double your insert at night time. I am currently switching my son from the small size to the medium and I'm excited that he will probably be in this size the longest and once he moves to large, the inserts are the same so I'll save some money by only needing to purchase the gpants.

great alternative to landfill clogging diapers

from Sierra Vista, AZ

Comments about gDiapers gpants Diapers:

We had our first baby on Christmas day, and immediately started using gDiapers. We knew that we wanted to do cloth for our little bundle of joy, but with so many options on the market, we had a hard time settling on one, but didn't really have the budget to try a bunch of other brands out. After a recommendation from a friend, I'm glad that this is the one we went with. They're super easy to use. The liner snaps in and out of the cover and fits both the cloth and the disposable insert perfectly. We haven't had any issues with leaks, and their customer service is phenomenal. I had one of the snaps break off the liner and they were quick to replace the entire thing for me, free of charge. While we will need to get new sizes as she grows, I definitely think that it's worth the investment. Not only are they a great product to use, they're also environmentally friendly, which is a definite plus in our household.