3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Love gDiapers!

I researched various cloth diapers before my son was born. I knew I didn't want a pocket type cloth diaper, where the entire thing had to be washed. gDiapers have an insert that goes inside a waterproof liner, that snaps into a cute cover. Yes, it is a process, but they work well. I use the cloth inserts, not the disposable inserts, just for financial reasons. As long as I stay on top of changing them every couple hours, and not letting baby sit in it for too long, they work wonderfully! If he happens to have it on longer, because we're out and about, the cover can get a bit wet. I take baby to work with me, and just bring a wet bag made for cloth diapers.

I love my gDiapers, just wish I had more of them! I'd suggest a good 6 covers and 12-24 inserts for starting, instead of the 2 covers and 12 inserts I have :) One day I shall have more!

Baby #2 is here now, and he gets to use gDiapers, too! So nice not having to invest in more cloth diapers, because we already had them on hand.

Leak Prevention
I have had leaks, but that's partially my own fault for not changing the diaper in time :)

Comfort
I've never had a baby get diaper rash with using cloth diapers.

Absorbency
As long as you don't get detergent build up, they absorb just wonderfully.

A good alternative to traditional diapers but not for me.

These look and feel like the pants my older brothers wear! Here's how it works: everyone sees the cloth exterior, but Mom can flush the inner lining down the toilet. If she does throw away the lining, it goes bye-bye on its own.

**Bundle of Joy (+)**

- Mom calls these my big-boy pants, and I like being able to pull them up.

- The cloth is nice and soft.

- The orange and tan colors work with most of my wardrobe.

- The flushable lining doesn't itch since it's free of chlorine, perfumes, dyes, inks, and latex.

- Every gDiaper purchase helps Healthy Child Healthy World.

**Cry Baby (-)**

- No one likes to wake up wet. (So embarrassing.) gDiapers leak more than my standard model.

- gDiapers are less absorbant, so Mom has to change me twice as often. (How can that be good for anyone?)

- Changing me takes forever. Too many steps are required (insert flushable part into liner, attach that to exterior pant, put it on me, then adjust).

- I feel kinda bad when Mom has to flush my business. First, she has to tear open the pad, then dump the contents into the toilet, and then use a stirring stick to prep it for flushing. Yuck! Then, it requires two flushes to go down, which takes more water.

- If you're on a tight allowance, you may not like spending more for the pants, snap-in liners, and flushables.

WE LOVE THEM!!

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

My son is 16 months old and we have used g-diapers from the beginning. They work great for us and we've saved a ton of money. They have generally been great at preventing leaks. Although, at times our son has managed to pee through his pants without ever getting the diaper wet (is that just a boy thing?) and we did go through a month-long period when he was between sizes so there were lots of leaks. The biggest obvious downside to them is that I have to do laundry DAILY, but we knew that when we went with cloth diapers. The cost savings are real. We have friends who are having their second child and spending lots of money "stocking up" again on disposables again. Fortunately, we have ours neatly folded and ready to use again. We also use the disposable inserts when we go out of town (or when I've been lazy with laundry) and they work well. It's nice to have the option. In general disposables give our son diaper rash quickly and it's no different with the gdiaper inserts, so we try not to use them too often for too long.

• Absorbency:

Not the best cloth diaper out there

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

While I was still pregnant, we decided we would cloth diaper. I had no idea there were so many options out there! We heard about gdiapers and researched those. We really liked the idea of them, so we bought some. Here's my thoughts:
Pros: We were able to use gdiapers before we were able to use other brands. They seem to fit smaller babies better (we started cloth diapering when my daughter was about two months old). It is also nice how they Velcro in the back, so that baby can't take them off themselves as easily. I like that you can compost the disposable inserts. I also really liked the cloth inserts and they absorbed really well. They really seemed to have a nice fit.
Cons: Too many pieces and sizes. You have to buy the pants (cover), then the plastic liner, then the insert. It can get expensive, and was a pain at laundry time, because the plastic liner had to be washed at a different temperature then the others. Just not practical. I didn't like having different sizes either; I prefer one-size diapers.
If you are looking to cloth diaper, there are so many brand out there, this may not be the right one out there for you; it wasn't for us!

Love gDiapers!

from Pottstown, PA

Comfort
I've never had a baby get diaper rash with using cloth diapers.

Absorbency
As long as you don't get detergent build up, they absorb just wonderfully.

the environment thanks you

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

This is THE environmentally friendly diaper.  This is THE diaper worn by the babies of the stars.  With a matching t or dress- this is definately the cutest diaper out there.  I love love love the diaper covers.  But the inserts have to be folded over to be put in and back to the rubber pants material- ick!  I do not like touching the inserts- ick!  However cloth diapers do mean- more ick!  This is the only diaper out there that I know of that you actually can flush the disposible insert.  No overflowing garbage cans!  You just must swish it with a swish stick- that they sell- or a long handled spoon in the toilet to get it to disintegrate.  What I would suggest for us - disposible minded mommies who are not so environmentally conscious.  Use these in the summer.  Save on your clothes bill and put them over the disposible diaper under that yummy dress.- I mean- who likes to see that ugly white pamper stick out!  or match it with a cute t-shirt and matching hat for a boy.  delicious!

just put the cloth or disposable insert into the g-diaper - fasten the g-diaper around the baby backwards (great for a baby who wants to crawl) and you are all set

Leak Prevention
I personally could not get it to not leak- that is why I use mine as diaper covers. However I am used to disposable diapers- a more earth friendly mama might have had an easier time!

Comfort
very comfortable- no pins needed!

Absorbency
For me - it leaked- only #2 not #1- but as I said I am not an expert at cloth diapers

• Absorbency:

cute, but the worst diaper I have used so far

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

I was initially very excited about these diapers for a number of reasons. They were less expensive than many cloth diaper systems, they had the built in option of flushable or cloth inserts and they are so darn cute. However, it took only one use to convince me that they may be cute, but they are overall, useless as a diaper. Every time I used them, they leaked. Both wet and dirty accidents. I tried both kinds of liners.

The insert slides around the inside of the diaper making it impossible for it to adequately absorb. The plastic removable liner was always covered in whatever should have soaked into the insert. The stains were very difficult to get out of the plastic liner and never came out completely.

No one can argue that they are one of the cutest diapering options out there. But in my opinion, it is not worth it if they fail at absorbing. That is the point of a diaper, after all.

Terrible Product - leaks most of the time

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

Unbelievably frustrating! These diapers leak the vast majority of the time. No matter what tweaks I make, my son's clothes end up getting soaked on 2 out of 3 diaper changes. I wouldn't recommend these diapers to my worst enemy.

I made a quick YouTube video about my experiences with gDiapers:

Great product

from Hendersonville, TN

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

I bought these diapers primarily to use as liners in other disposable diapers like Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Baby Dry diapers. They worked really well for that purpose. They have a online rewards community where you can get a free gdiaper if you buy enough of the liners. I never did that because at the time you had to cut out the upcs and mail them in which I guess I thought was too much work then but would gladly do now. Overall they worked really really well. I have heard the little diapers take a little getting used to but most people love them after that. They are compostable and supposedly flushable though I have never tried (I would probably only try it first in a public restroom to test it out if I were you) Of course, everyone likes the green aspect because they are biodegradeable which is always good but they are a bit more expensive than other disposable diapers. These are more like a hybrid (disposable liners, permanent diaper).

Edit: Looks like the rewards program has ended as of 2010

good for peepees; not so much for poopoos

from New Milford, CT

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

I tried G diapers for my newborn son after hearing good things about the product. I was excited to try them. On the first try, which was a peepee change, I was happy at how absorbant the padding was and how there were no leaks.

The second diaper change was a poopoo. And that one did not hold up so well. Without being graphic, I had to change the baby's entire outfit and scrub the outer section of the G diaper for quite a while to get it clean.

a little expensive, but most eco-friendly disposable

from Hutto, TX

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

I use cloth diapers now, but these were the diapers I started with when my son was a newborn. They are pretty easy to get used to. They are absorbant and work well. For overnight I did need to use two inserts- with one "sushi-rolled" in front. They are much cuter, softer and breathable than other disposables. my only complaint is that the velcro got all curled out & had threads stuck to in from laundering and they are just out of our budget. They are great for families that use cloth diapers that sometimes need to leave their child in someone else's care or for travelling or whenever the use of cloth diapers is not possible or inconvenient. They contain breastfed infant poop well. They also flush easily. I would totally recommend these to others!

No way is the sizing right.

from Cedar Park, TX

Comments about gDiapers Little g Diapers:

These diapers are easy to use, and I liked the fact that I was able to buy disposable inserts for them. We only purchased 2 to try, and I am glad we did not buy more. First, the covers are expensive compared to others (I was able to get all in ones for a bit cheaper, which amazed me). My son is in the Medium size, so we bought the medium/ large inserts. The sizing show that the mediums should fit until around 28 lbs, however, my 20 lb son has already outgrown the covers. They barely reach around his little stomach! There is no way they will fit him 8 lbs from now!

We have more leaks with these than we have with other diapers. We use flips, kiushies, yucky ducks, and thirsties. The Gdiapers leak more than any of the others. One of these will nto make it through his 2 hour nap, I always have to put him in something else. Also, the inserts have stained more than the others, and even after stripping and washing, are way less absorbent. Where my others have gotten softer as I washed, these have actually gotten stiffer. The snap tabs in the liners began fraying after only a few washes. I will definitley not invest in more of these.