3.7

Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser

3.7

Pros

Cons

So very convenient - but too expensive.

I recently purchased the Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser because there was a good sale and I had a coupon making it quite reasonable.  I had seen it advertised before and also displayed in the store and I was quite intrigued.  So I got home, read the instructions and was pleased to find out how easy it is to use.  The dispenser is placed on the top rack of the dishwasher and is good for twelve washes.  The started pack includes the dispenser and one set of detergent.  Refill packs are available as well and come as a double pack of deterent  - so 24 washes.  Twelve loads is about 3 weeks of dishwasher use for my family.  The cost would be quite ridiculous without the sale and coupons and I'm quite sure I wouldn't buy this product at it's normal price.  That being said, this product is really amazing and it washes dishes like you wouldn't believe.  It is also SO SO nice to be able to just close the door and turn it on without filling in the little dispenser inside the dishwasher.  Very convenient and very effective.  I have just used up my first pack and will be opening my refill pack today.  It is quite a luxury and I like it enough that I will be on the lookout for sales for this item.

Thanks but no thanks

I had a coupon. That seems to be my mantra. I was looking for some inexpensive dishwasher soap and with the 3.00 off coupon and a sale, it was .49 for 12 loads. Not bad at all. Too bad the refills are 3.99 with no coupon. Not good at all for 12 loads. It cleans ok but nothing to write home about.  I have done just as well with off brand dish soap. I really don’t care for powdered dish soap but I thought I would give it a try for the price.

I did not like it because it took up room in the shelf. I like to have all my room on the rack free for dishes. Secondly I could not tell when to replace it. I am not the only one who does dishes at my house and the indicator got stuck for the last two. I know because I checked that part. I don’t think it actually discharged all of the last two loads.  So, thanks Finish for making it cheap enough to try, but no thanks, I keep using gel packs or liquid. It is not that hard to remember to fill the dispenser.  I have never been all that impressed with Electrosal which I think is what Finish used to be called.

Works good and gets dishes clean

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I bought this at my local grocery store when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I thought it was a great concept that I did not have to worry about forgetting to put in the dishwasher detergent. I could literally load the dishwasher and press start. My dishes always came out clean and never had any water spots. The dispenser was small enough that it did not get into the way of the dishes.
I think this product was great and worked really well, but it is more of a convenience product, not a necessity. It is more expensive than normal dish washing liquid, but you pay for the convenience. I really only gave this a try because it was on sale and I had a coupon making the price very reasonable. I do not know if I would spend the extra money on it again, but it does work well. I actually had to remind myself to look and see when to refill. It lasted longer than the 12 washes for me, but we do not overload the dishwasher and tend to have smaller loads.

Not necessary but good

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser is a really great and refreshingly new innovation. It is a dispenser that you put into your dishwasher that is good for 12 washes. I like it because it is automatic and I only have to think about it about once every 12 days. It is super easy to install and remove. I love the fact that it has smart technology and releases 1 dose at a time and that it leaves the dishes sparkling clean. It is very effective and delivers as promised. The only thing I honestly don't like about this product is it's price. Other than that, Finish Quantumatic Detergent dispenser is a really great product. I don't use it all the time but I definitely use it.

Good Product, Decent price

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I like this product. It is very easy to use, because you only have to put in the one capsule and it works magic. I like that there are different kinds of Finish that are available. There are some that you can see the liquid magic gel inside, and there are ones that are more compact and have that power-booster in the middle. This product is good because you can hide it easily from the little kiddos that could get hurt. I also like that I don't have to worry about having to rewash my dishes. The retailers in my area have sales quite frequently, and when you look, you can find coupons for these great Finish products. I also like that Finish seems to be very interested in keeping their consumers happy and when there is a problem they respond to emails and come up with a better product to fix the problem! I received a sample from Finish and they won me over. Finish is a winner in our household.

Dishwasher packs

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

Excellent product. Dishes come out clean, glasses sparkle and very easy to use. Price is reasonable. I received a sample of this product and I liked it so much I went out and bought it a couple of days later. It takes care of the film that most other products leave on glasses. I would recommend this product to my family and friends.

I like the fact that this company has coupons in the paper frequently, allowing me to save money on a great product. The product is conveniently packaged in individual single packs. They do not get gummy or messy and stick together like some of the others I have used in the past. The product is an all in one type product, which allows me to use only one product instead of having to buy three different products. This feature makes it that much more affordable. I think this is the best brand dishwasher soap available on the market today. It truly does everything it says it will do.

Cleans well

from Chaska, MN

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I really like the product in that you do not need to measure out a set amount- the tablet has that all done for you. The wrapping on the tablet is very difficult to open with wet hands of any kind so I have to totally dry them first. It seems to dissolve well and our dishes come out clean. I do however seem to still need a rinse aid with the product.

Never Could Get It To Work Automatically

from Palmer, AK

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I was excited to try the new Finish automatic detergent dispenser, but once I had it clipped in my washer and ready to go, I never was able to get the thing to automatically advance to the next round of detergent by itself. Maybe mine was broken or I somehow didn't install it right, but it seemed simple enough to do. I wasn't that impressed by it's ability to clean my dishes either. Guess I am stuck filling the detergent cup for now! I tossed my Finish in the garbage.

Love this detergent!

from Milton, FL

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I'm not going to lie. I really have a hard time telling how well different detergents work since I do try to wash my dishes off a little before putting them in the dishwasher. But I've been using finish for a couple years now and have enough in my cabinets to last another year! This product seems to work really well. I love the idea of just having to grab a tab out of the box and drop it in. Thats it! Theres no powder getting clumped up in the dispenser. My most favorite thing about this product us how affordable it is. It is so eash to find this product on sale and it's also easy to find coupons to stack with those sales. Those two combinations have made me a devout finish detergent use for years to come!

Finish Quantumatic Made my life easier

from Brookwood, AL

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I bought this and I so Love it ! It has made my life so much easier. I just put the dirty dishes in and shut the door and turn the dishwasher on and wa'la. My Hubby can even do this ! LoL, What is so neat about this is it a ball that when the cycle is through it moves itself to the next number which means the detergent is premeasured out and despinsed for the next cycle. There is 12 washes in 1 despenser. so it's so simple. The shine is amazing too!I made a Lasagna and it was a mess with baked on food but it even removed the food, usually I have to scrub ever after I get it out of the washing machine. My personal favorite is that I don't have to refill the dish washing machine every time I put a load in, I Love it! It just clips to the side of the machine and you just walk away and for get it ! It really does leave nothing behind but the shine ! I have even made gift baskets for friends and buy this to put in as a gift.

A Finish that's worth commenting on!

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I recently purchased the Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser for my family. I have been an avid user of the Finish dishwashing tabs and decided that their automatic dispenser might be a convience I'd be interested in.
The package I purchased came with a dispenser and a cartridge of 12 wash cycles inside of it. I installed the dispenser on the bottom rack section of the dishwasher. I loaded my washer as normal and hit the normal cycle button. When the cycle was completed I opened the dishwasher surprised to see the glasses sparkling clean. As I was removing dishes I noticed that some plates still had caked on food left on them, along with silverware. I took out the items that were clean and ran the dirty ones through the next wash cycle. I noticed after a second cycle that the plates were clean but the silverware still had particles stuck on them. When using the Finish tabs my silverware never had particles stuck to them, so this puzzled me. I just took the silverware out and washed it myself. I was rather disappointed that it claims to not have to 'rinse' your dishes but yet can't get them as clean?
Overall, I gave the product 3 stars - it does the job, cleans the dishes, the dispenser is functional and the results are okay. I would recommend this to a friend who still rinses their dishes beforehand and is looking for the added convience of not adding dishwasher detergent.

Simple and convenient

from 97411

Comments about Finish Quantumatic Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser:

I am not usually willing to pay more just for convenience, but when these went on sale, and I had some coupons, I stocked up because it turned out to be cheaper than even the generic liquid dishwasher detergent I'd been using.  For the most part, I've really enjoyed them.  They are simple and convenient, as you don't have to worry about filling up the detergent dispenser with every load.  My dishes seemed clean with each load, but I've always been in the habit of pre-rinsing pretty well.  I can't speak to how it would do if there was much caked-on food on your dishes.  I guess my biggest complaint is that it does take up a bit of room in your dishwasher.  For some people that wouldn't be a big deal, but my dishwasher is fairly small, and I like to get in as much as possible.  I've used several of these dispensers now and only had one problem in which a little residue dripped down onto my clean dishes underneath.