2.5
Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent

Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent

2.5

Finish dishwasher powder gets our dishes very clean

We recently bought a new dishwasher.  It is a Bosch.  The dishwasher came with samples of Finish detergent and a label on the dishwasher itself recommending Finish powder detergent.  We had been using gel-type detergents for some time because they seemed to clean better.  We decided to give Finish powder a try.  It has worked great!  We are very pleased with the results.  Dishes have come out clean and spot free for us.  One thing you do have to remember, though, is that dishwasher quality and water quality have alot to do with how clean your dishes will get.  We have an excellent, new Bosch dishwasher and we also have soft water, so I can't be positive that you will get the results we did.  Finish does seem to work very well over-all and is fairly reasonably priced.  The company must also be doing a campaign or something, because I have noticed quite a few coupons out there.  We will continue to buy and use this product as long as prices stay reasonable for it.

This dishwasher powder has destroyed my silverware, pans, and st

*I recently bought some Finish dishwasher powder and still living with my damaged dishes !*

*It looks as though there is some kind of acid eating or something in this product that has destroyed my dishes.*

*Very unhappy !*

A Powerful Dishwashing Detergent That Does Not Cost a Fortune~

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

Finish leaves no streaks and even gets tough greasy spots off of your pots and pans as well as dishes. I'm fussy when it comes to my china and silverware because we have frequent dinners and barbecues and I want my items to sparkle for my guests. There was a time that there was only one other dishwashing detergent that was good enough for our house but it costs so much. Finish meets our needs in many ways and puts a smile on my face when it comes to the pocketbook. Every chance I get I tell everyone about this marvelous buy. I never have to pre-soak my dishes anymore, Finish powerball is strong enough to take off even dried on food. Another plus if you use Finish is that it comes in various scents....original, lemon sparkle and baking soda. It has an advanced powder with bleach to take out tea and coffee stains. Once you try Finish you won't ever go back. Perhaps that's why they named it Finish.

Disappointed

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

I have found the Finish products to be disappointed as a whole. The little liquid packs being the worst. There is nothing more annoying than having to rewash dishes as you pull them out of a just run wash cycle. You should not have to wash and scrub the dish before putting it in the dishwasher. What's the point at that point? This stuff just doesn't do what it's supposed to do; wash the dishes. The upper rack is the worst. There are always streaks and lip prints still on the glass wear and the plastic stuff always has the remnants of what was in it still there, especially something with oils like salad dressing and anything that has fresh herbs in it. The herbs are glued to the side which requires another washing by hand. I don't understand how they stay on the supermarket shelves. I made the mistake of buying one and getting one free. However it didn't feels so bad throwing out the second box.

Poor performance

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

I purchased this product and was very disappointed in its performance, there was always power residue on the top rack dishes and I had to rewash the dishes on the bottom rack. I went back to my old brand and had to throw out the remainder of my Finish dishwashing product, a half full box. I will never purchase this product again.

Costly potential damage calls for prominent Warning! label

from Ashburn, VA

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

First clue was the coarse-feeling of all the dishes and silverware as I removed them from the dishwasher. The smooth finish on the dishes and silver is not restored by washing them. This product seems to have "eaten through" the finish on my houseware. Our apt. has a low-end dishwasher. Good reviews may come from those with better equipment. If so, the box needs to be clearly marked with a large warning label. Replacing my damaged dishes and silver will be costly, and I have no hope of getting compensation from the manufacturer.

Finish Advanced Cleaning Powder

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

I guess I purchased Finish Advanced Cleaning Powder due to the fact that I was no longer happy with gel detergents. I noticed on the front of the box that it was #1 Recommended brand by several reputable manufacturers of dishwashers.

I am able to say after using a full box that it does an okay job at cleaning. I am a little disappointed with the top rack cleaning-cups, etc. still seem to be stained. Bottom rack it performed beautifully. However, after switching back to the powder, I do notice that there is no longer a residue on the inside of my machine on the walls. Finish Advanced Cleaning Powder seems to have ground that down to nothing. So, in that respect, I am pleased with it.

As far as the price goes, you can't beat it. Finish powder was the cheapest at Target. I think it even beat out the generic version that day.

It has a pleasant lemon scent as well. Also, the product is good for the environment as it is phosphate free. Also the packaging is 100% recycled paper. I guess those things are important to me as I am kind of an environmentalist.

Finish works fine, but it's pricey

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

I've always lived in apartments, where dishwashers aren't typically top of the line and can be old, so it's been difficult for me to get a dishwasher detergent that will clean my dishes well - especially my plastic tupperwear. Also, I'm kind of lazy when it comes to pre-washing.

I've used cheap detergents, but found that they didn't get the dishes clean enough, so I started using Finish. I've used both basic Finish products and the Quantum line - while both of them work fine, and they work better than off-brand products, I don't find them worth the money. My dishes still end up with dried on food, my plastics still have water spots, and some of my silverware has to be rewashed.

I find that if you use Finish products, I would recommend using Jet Dry or an additive to help keep the dishwasher clean and running well. Finish may work well for those with newer dishwashers or more expensive dishwashers. Note that this review is just about the dishwasher detergent and not the automatic one.

Gets the Job Done

from Duncan, SC

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

Finish Advanced Cleaning Powder is one of the detergents that I when washing my dishes in the dishwasher and I love it. It can be alittle on the pricey side but I feel as though it cleans my dishes well without me having to prewash them before I put them in the dishwasher. I have never had a problem with powder film being left on my glasses or anything like that. The Finish Advanced cleaning powder comes in different sizes and different varieties such as powerball tabs and so forth. I personally like to use the powder however the tabs can be quite convienent as well. I use to ise another brand of dishwasher detergent but whenever I would use it I would always have problems with my dishwasher afterwards so that is why I made the switch. Since using Finish products I have not had any problems with my machine and I know that my dishes will come out clean and looking great. Finish is a great product.

Finish dishwasher powder gets our dishes very clean

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

Worst detergent I've ever used!

from Kennewick, WA

Comments about Finish Powder Dishwasher Detergent:

This was so terrible! I purchased it based on the little label saying "#1 dishwashing detergent for Maytag, Whirlpool, Bosch,"  It just won't get even lightly soiled dishes completely clean. It also leaves residue on silverware and on drinking glasses!!! Terrible product :(

This dishwasher powder has destroyed my silverware, pans, and st