3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Here's where to find the online deals - don't abuse them - OK?

I rode the online super deal wave and loved it. Of all the deal sites, Fat Wallet was the best as far as finding and posting the deals. It still is, but the deals are not as hot after the dot com bust.

If you want to find online coupon codes and special deals, it's definately worth your time to visit Fat Wallet. They really do stay on top of online shopping.

I've found all sorts of great deals at Fat Wallet.

My favorite leather jacket was listed at Fat Wallet. I paid around $20. My students were paying more for low quality "pleather" jackets. One kid told me she wished she could afford a nice one like mine. She was shocked to find out that I only paid $20. This is still one of my favorite jackets a few years later.

Most recently I saw posts about a great deal on an Office Depot chair. My computer desk chair was shot. I went to Office Depot to check and see if this was a chair I'd want. It was. The price there was $159. I told the manager that it was listed lower online. He checked. Yep. It was. He offered it at $129. When the tag was scanned, the discount mentioned at Fat Wallet showed up. I got the chair for $99. It's the nicest office chair I've ever owned.

I've also landed a lot of freebies at Fat Wallet. They always have some great free stuff posted under forums. I get things like Soy Joy bars, cookbooks and calendars for free. Very nice.

You can also get an account at Fat Wallet and get some cash back on purchases if you click through their site. They do make good on that.

The only issue I have with Fat Wallet is that some consumers there are super greedy. They will share ways to "get over" on companies. Some ideas are given like buy something for a low price with cash back. Return it to another store. You come out with cash in your pocket - at the expense of the company and other shoppers.

Some online deals (and offline) get pulled, because people jump all over them and multiple times. Some Fat Wallet members will explain how to use different emails and credit cards to double or triple up. It's a shame that some people abuse deals and then the honest buyers can't get the deals, because companies get wise and cancel the specials.

If you do shop online (or even in stores) or if you like freebies, then Fat Wallet is a place to check out. They really do keep right on top of what is going on as far as shopping and deals. I would encourage folks not to cheat though and ruin deals for others. That's tacky. And, companies are less likely to offer specials when people do stuff like that.

Don't make big purchases and expect payment

I've used Fat wallet for several years and they've always come though with the small payouts.  But, don't try buying a large ticket item.  They will find a reason not to pay every time.  I had it happen to me twice in a row.  Both times, their "investigation" lasted weeks, with the same result:  no payment.  So, I'm done with them.

Try for yourself, but they're not worth the effort.

great savings and coupons

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about FatWallet.com:

I usually go to this website for coupons and they have lots of it. They have coupons for Kmart, Starbucks, Lowe's, JCPenny and a lot more stores, and they are all good deals. When I first went on the site I noticed they had coupons, sales, and product deals on the site which was cool. What I really like is that they have a forum which I can post comments and people can also help me out with finding deals, or if I want to share a deal I have found in an ad or website I can just post it in the forum and we can all share good deals. They also have great grocery coupons, deal discussions, free stuff in the forums which I thought was very great. I recommend this site to everyone that is searching for good deals.

The website is easy to use, if it's your first visit you will be prompt with a windows asking you for your email address so you can join the website, it's all free so don't worry. The site is easy to navigate and everything is organized.

Not All That.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about FatWallet.com:

I tried FatWallet.com for cash back on many of the websites I shop anyway. Most of the purchases I make don't even register cash-back. Why promise you cash back on shopping and not deliver on the deal. I will never use FatWallet.com again because they scam you so they don't have to pay you.

A lot of the purchases I made wasn't registering cash back. There are too many problems with the site. Then, they try to blame it on AdBlock. I use AdBlock on all of my cash back sites with no problems, it's not my AdBlock, it is just FatWallet putting the blame on the consumer. I'm am not going to disable AdBlock and deal with annoying ads just to make FatWallet an extra buck. Especially when my AdBlock has never been a problem before with any other site.

Product Selection
They have a good selection of sites that they give you cash back rewards on, but they do not follow through on their promise to do so. Also, the cash back rewards were not that good of deals through this site anyhow. I used FatWallet.com for a little over three months and they only paid me about half of the cash back rewards I earned. I would rather go through Swagbucks.com, at least they have better deals and you get what you earn.

Product Pricing
It's a free service, but it doesn't work because they don't pay you all the cash back that you spend through their site.

Great Sales Site

from Utah

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Fatwallet.com lists deals that are available from various online stores. I have found a number of good deals on the site, and I have also found it to be a very reliable site as far as accurately sharing information. Overall, it is one of the top sites I would recommend for looking for a list of sales to compare online prices.

Product Pricing
This site provides lists of the best deals available, so I have often been able to find better prices listed here, and I have been able to save a lot of time by simply consulting this site rather than going to several separate store sites.

Customer Service
I recently saw a deal for mlb.tv ($12 for the year), but I had some questions about how long the year would last (just through the end of this season or a full year from now). When I checked with customer service, they were very courteous in their answer, and it did not take more than an hour to get an email back answering my question.

Fatwallet.com

Comments about FatWallet.com:

I am such a huge fan of fatwallet.com. I love it because they offer more cash back and coupon codes than ebates.com in my opinion and there are so many coupons to choose from. It truly beats going from one site to another looking for deals. I can just log on to fatwallet.com, and I can locate any kind of deal I am looking for. The best part of all, I receive cash back for items I would purchase on a daily basis. The money adds up. I have been using this website for some time and I plan on keeping it that way as long as they continue with the great deals.

Very easy to navigate through. I just log on, find a coupon or deal, click on it and I am navigated to that page to complete my shopping experience.

Product Selection
They have tons of coupon codes to choose from and deals they showcase for other websites.

Product Pricing
The discounts have always been excellent and the price of the deals showcased are great.

Customer Service
I haven't had a problem out of customer service.

Don't miss a deal

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Fatwallet.com is awesome for a few really good reasons. First and foremost, they've got an extensive amount of different online shopping site deals listed. From Ebay to Rakuten, they have cash back specials, daily featured deals, coupons, coupon codes and even local deals listed. There are many opportunities to save money by checking out this site.Also, even if you decide to register, they will not email you too often so you don't have to be overly concerned with being spammed or having your email flooded. There is a really great deal of popular sites located on this one site so you don't have to visit tons of different sites in order to to compare prices or get the best deal possible. They have many different product and price brackets as well. In general the prices listed are very good to at the very least reasonable. It's a great site to check out and browse around in every once in a while to make sure you're not missing a really great deal.

My go-to coupon site.

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Fatwallet.com has been my go-to coupon store even before there were hundreds of other online sites like it. I remember using as far back as 10 years ago. It was always fun to go on the website before I went to the mall with my friends. I would browse through coupons of my favorite stores and hope for some good deals! Within minutes I would find the hottest deals and be able to shop and save money at the same time! The search engine yields quick results and they have a wide range of coupons. You can print them off or use them online. Before I make any purchase I make sure to check Fatwallet.com!

Great cash back portal!

Comments about FatWallet.com:

I have been using FatWallet.com for a while now and I really like this website. I make sure to check this website whenever I have to make an online purchase. They are one of the best cash back websites out there, very reliable and transparent. Their website is easy to use, I signed up with my email ID and that's it, I was set up and good to go. I just shop on my favorite brands online via their website and I keep getting a percentage of the cash that I spent back. It was pretty simple to use and easy to understand. I have never had any problems with FatWallet.com. My account has always been credited when it was supposed to and their customer service promptly gets back to you in case something isn't right or in case you may require any kind of information. Great website to try and get some cash back. However, I would highly recommend reading the fine print on the offers as many times cash back is dictated by terms and conditions.

All in one for the money-savers!

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Discount page, forums, Rebates... all in one to help you save money!

There is a page that lets you know the newest deals and sale. From hard-to-find sales to clearance sales to your favorite store. If you are looking for a new computer and not knowledgeable on technology like me, FatWallet is where you should turn to. People share the best deals and there are comments underneath the deal (where people who actually KNOW what all those computer mumbo jumbo means) share their opinion on it.

Fatwallet forums is a great place where people share how to get freebies and deals through methods such as coupon stacking or rebates. It's a place where real people come together to share money-saving ideas.

Fatwallet also has a rebate program, where you purchase items from their link and you will earn a certain amount back. There ARE other rebate websites out there that give better offers, but their rates are not bad either.

Fatwallet.com is not as good as its competitors

from New York, NY

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Fatwallet.com used to be one of a number of deal websites I used on a daily basis. I say used to be because over the last year fatwallet.com has drastically fallen behind its main competitors. As a result I barely use this website. There are far better deal websites out there (namely Slickdeals which for me is by far and away the best in this category). Almost all of the deals posted here are re-posted from other websites and the once active forums have slowly dwindled down. One aspect where fatwallet.com still shines bright is its users. They are among the kindest and most respected, other sites would do well to have members this polite. It is a shame that fatwallet has become something of a wasteland. It seems largely to function as a cash back website now.

On top of everything else, the website itself is hard to navigate. It looks outdated and old fashioned, something I would have expected to have seen 10 years ago. It is just not graphically appealing and browsing the site feels more like a chore.

For these reasons I would no longer recommend Fatwallet. Slickdeals is the leading deal website and seemingly far superior in every way.

Another good deal site

from San Diego, CA

Comments about FatWallet.com:

Fatwallet is another good deal site. Much like slickdeals there is a front page section where the most popular and best deals are posted. Often times a popular deal may appear on both fatwallet and slickdeals as they are user submitted. Fatwallet also has different forums for coupons and free stuff, just like slickdeals. One thing fatwallet has that slickdeals does not is cashback option. I believe you can get cashback rebates for clicking and shopping through fatwallet when purchasing a deal. Your click gets tracked and fatwallet gets a certain commission I assume. Nevertheless, I prefer slickdeals as I feel that it was a greater user community than fat wallet, and thus able to provide better information to deals. I don't really use fatwallet as much, but since it is another deal site, it can be a good addition to your list of deal sites if you dont want to miss out on a deal.