Best Mineral Makeup Products

mineral makeup

Mineral makeup is great for healthy, natural looking skin. Here are the best mineral makeup products to look your best, for not a lot of money.

Although mineral makeup is becoming increasingly popular for those looking for a healthier makeup routine, many are still hesitant to swap in their regular old foundation for a mineral one.

If you are one of those people, there are plenty of reasons to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon.

Most mineral makeups are all natural, provide great coverage as well as amazing skin benefits, and feel as though you are wearing a second skin as opposed to a mask of heavy makeup.

Here are a few of the best mineral makeup items available on the market today to get you started.

glominerals gloPressed Base

One of my biggest pet peeves about most mineral foundations was how very messy they were to apply. Loose powder in the jar spilled out way too easy and was not very travel friendly. Having my clothing decorated with spots of flesh-colored minerals after application wasn’t great either. I discovered a better way through this wonderful, pressed base mineral foundation formula from glominerals. It stays put until it is put on where I want it.

This prestigious, professional-grade mineral makeup by glominerals is at the top of my list for mineral foundations for so many other good reasons.

This foundation is all natural, talc free and non-comedogenic. It is also packed with anti-aging, nourishing skin goodies like A, C, and E vitamins, UV protectants, and green tea.

I have never seen a broader range of color selection offered in a mineral makeup product than the glominerals brand. It’s as if they realized that—shocker—there are more than four different skin tones out there. With at least 20 different color selections available, you are sure to find your perfect match and not have to settle for a color a little too orange or pink for your skin.

The powder is triple milled, which means it is VERY fine and there’s no unsightly cakiness. The coverage is instant, buildable, semi-matte, and lasts ALL day.

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color (84/100)

This is an amazingly versatile product, and a real compliment to your mineral foundation with so many different uses.

Definition: This 100 percent pure mineral formula gives a real boost to your skin if your makeup leaves your face looking a little flat, as it is great for contouring and adding dimension.

Highlighting: You can highlight certain areas like the bridge of your nose, across the top of forehead and cheeks, to give yourself a sun-kissed glow, or just use it as a blush.

Eye Color: It also makes a beautiful, crease-free, shimmery eye shadow when swept across the eyelids.

Lip Color: One of my favorite ways to use this product is as an all-natural lip color. I simply mix it in with any nourishing lip balm I am using at the time, and I have an instant, mineral-infused, moisturizing lip stain.

“I love the sun-kissed, smooth, blemish free glow that Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color provides for me. It’s perfect for my medium to dark olive colored skin tone……5 stars!” —lopine

“This wonderful product offers a wonderful warm glow to your complexion. It is produced from 100% pure crushed minerals of mica bismuth oxychloride iron oxides from the earth to offer you a very versatile but natural healthy product.” —Blesser

e.l.f. Mineral Professional Kabuki Face Brush

e.l.f. Mineral Professional Kabuki Face Brush

e.l.f. Mineral Professional Kabuki Face Brush (90/100)

If you are going to start using mineral foundations then you also will need the correct foundation brush to apply these fine formulas.

Kabuki brushes were made with mineral foundations in mind. They have short handles and big fat, super soft bristles that are able to easily lift up a lot of product for application.

The first time I went online to purchase one of these Kabuki brushes I was shocked to see that most of these brushes are well over $20 each.

For only $3, I was sure that this Kabuki brush by e.l.f. cosmetics was too good to be true. I was wrong.

Soft, dense bristles, no shedding, flawless application. It is everything that a Kabuki brush is supposed to be, except for the low price.

“This is one of my favorite brushes and I own many brushes from different brands, but I absolutely adore this kabuki brush. It is so soft and full to make a nice application for powders. This is so comparable to other higher end kabuki’s …..I own several of these and you just can’t beat the price.” —ajmc0219

“I decided to try E.L.F’s mineral makeup, and of course needed a new brush to apply the booster with. I decided to give the Kabuki face brush a chance, and I dont regret it. E.L.F. is probably one of the best, inexpensive brands of makeup around. They dont skimp with their makeup applicators either! This particular brush is very soft, comfortable to hold and use, and helps evenly spread the boost powder.” —boppintheblues13

If you aren’t sure about using mineral makeup on a regular basis, trying these amazing products listed above might just suck you into mineral mania.

G.G. Saar G.G. Saar (12 Posts)

G.G. Saar is a professional belly dancer with experience in the modeling and entertainment industry. She has tried a wide range of beauty and makeup products and loves to share her experience with others.