Winter Beauty Tips

winter-beauty-tips

These winter beauty tips will keep you exfoliated and moisturized in harsh winds and cold temperatures.

Let’s face it, the frigid, dry winter is not the kindest of seasons to our skin, hair, and lips. Between a sallow, dry face, chapped lips, and hair with so much static that it stands on end, it’s not necessarily the season to feel your most attractive.

But, it is possible to win the war against these winter beauty woes. If you are armed with the proper arsenal of exfoliating, moisturizing, and weather-proof beauty products, you’ll breeze through the rest of this brutal winter that we are having, looking absolutely fabulous.

Exfoliate

Come wintertime, exfoliants are an absolute must. All of the moisturizing products you are slathering on aren’t living up to their full potential because they are not getting absorbed properly if there is a barrier layer of dead skin cells blocking them.

St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub

Skin: For your delicate facial skin, you’ll want an exfoliating product that is not too harsh and abrasive, but one that can really lift those layers away. One of my all-time favorites is a steal for under $3—St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub (88/100)

“I have really dry skin, but after using this product, my face is amazingly soft and smooth” —spicyvicy

This scrub uses all natural exfoliant ingredients, that are so effective, yet gentle, on your face.

Lips: You can slather on the Carmex until Spring arrives, but the same rule applies to your lips as it does your face. Exfoliation is the key for maximum benefits!

Thankfully, there is an amazing lip scrub/mask treatment that takes into consideration the delicate skin on our lips while still providing an effective exfoliating treatment. The Mary Kay Satin Lips Set (93/100), is a wonderful lip mask/balm combo that is quick and easy to use.

The lip mask is applied and left on for a couple of minutes while tiny beads help remove all the dead skin that is keeping your lips dull and ashy looking. A balm is provided to apply immediately after you remove the mask to hydrate and protect your pucker.

“Over the winter I couldn’t seem to keep my lips hydrated and smooth. Chapped and peeling skin on my lips felt bad and looked bad too and made it impossible to add lip color without bumps and clumps…. Mary Kay Satin Lip Mask and Balm is a very worthy product for removing dead skin and healing and protecting lips to leave them smooth and soft.” AngelaWLaFon

Aveda Scalp Remedy

Aveda Scalp Remedy

Hair: When talking about the importance of exfoliating, that goes for your scalp as well. A happy scalp = happy hair.

Dandruff gets a lot worse this time of year, so you need to keep those dry skin cells on your head in check, to allow the rest of your hair to shine.

Aveda Scalp Remedy (94/100) is a safer alternative to those harsh anti-dandruff shampoos that can strip your hair. This Aveda treatment contains salicylic acid for clarifying, and soothing, natural herbs like rosemary and sage to protect hair.

Moisturize

When I need help in the hydrating department this time of year, I turn to only one product for rescuing both my hair and skin, and that is all natural Grape Seed Oil. This miracle oil can be found in any cooking section of your grocery store.

Grape Seed oil has amazing emollient properties. Its high amount of linoleic acid prevents moisture loss, and hydrates your skin without leaving any heavy, greasy feeling behind.

It is also just as beneficial for your hair. I add a little to my shampoo for extra scalp moisturizing, use it as a hot oil treatment, and add a little to my ends before blow drying as a moisture sealant.

When I apply it to my face in the evening, I make sure and coat my lashes with it as well. Brittle and dry lashes are a big issue in the dry season, and this oil keeps them lush and soft, allowing them to grow longer and fuller.

Be sure to buy the organic, unrefined, cold-pressed Grape Seed Oil that is 100 percent virgin, for the best results.

Stay tuned for my best winter makeup tips, up next.

G.G. Saar G.G. Saar (12 Posts)

G.G. Saar is a professional belly dancer with experience in the modeling and entertainment industry. She has tried a wide range of beauty and makeup products and loves to share her experience with others.