Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm Provides Natural, Everyday Color

burtsbees

Everyone on the beauty scene has been talking about the new Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. Find out what Viewpoints reviewers are saying and if it’s worth trying to keep your lips hydrated this winter.

Burt’s Bees is known for making a line of unique, natural beauty products at a fair price. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm earned a 92/100 with feedback from over 500 reviewers, so we had high expectations for the new tinted balm. Reviewers so far haven’t been shy about testing it out, considering it only costs about $7 at a local drugstore.

This new tinted lip balm has earned an 88/100 so far. Read what reviewers have to say – and why many rave that it’s their beauty staple year-round.

Why it’s worth buying

Powered by Viewpoints

Even though this lip balm is a bargain, it still helps consumers save money by acting as a multi-purpose beauty product. Reviewers say they feel like the lip balm fits a number of occasions, and the hint of color is just what they need.

“I wear this EVERY morning on the way to the gym and afterwards for a clean and understated but healthy look.” missannie42, Reviewer since 2009

“I always carry a Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm in my purse. It’s a great moisturizer, with the perfect hint of color. I have come to prefer it over lipstick, and it is my go-to lip balm.” catwomandd, Reviewer since 2007

“This balm stands up to a workout session and gives me a little color without feeling like I’m overly made up for the occasion. In fact, this is absolutely perfect for any occasion when you want a little color on your face.” el71, Reviewer since 2010

Common reviewer complaints

While most praise the tinted lip balm, there are some complaints about the color showing up and really lasting. One reviewer also said that the tube itself started to fall apart:

“I tried two different colors, and both started to break off or wear down at the edges after a few uses. This caused soft lumps that I had to remove with a tissue so they wouldn’t smear when I closed the tube.” dlrehn, Reviewer since 2007

“I was expecting something more along the lines of a lip stain in color, and although I loved the feel of the product and how it protected my lips from the elements, I’d have liked it to be darker.” voxangelus, Reviewer since 2009

What’s in a name

Reviewers trust a reputable brand and know that the product will be up to a certain standard because it’s Burt’s Bees. If you’re a Burt’s Bees fan, this might be another beauty product worth trying out.

“This is just as good as the normal brands we all know, but has the benefit of being natural so you know what’s in it…” LauraBalzekas, Reviewer since 2010

“It is a long wearing product, but it doesn’t stain your lips. It is a quality product from a brand I trust.” unionmom4, Reviewer since 2008

Marly Schuman Marly Schuman (84 Posts)

Marly Schuman is a former content specialist at Viewpoints.