Are Shape Ups Or EasyTones Better?

sketchers v. reebock

The two main competitors when it comes to toning shoes are Reebok and Sketchers. But which ones are better?

Some of the most popular searches on Viewpoints.com focus on toning shoes, so we know our users are interested in them. With the promise of a slimmer figure without hitting the gym, how could you not? But do shoes like Skechers Shape Ups ($110.00) and Tone Ups ($109.98) really work? And are Shape Ups or EasyTones better? We decided to investigate.

How Skechers Shape Ups and Reebok EasyTones work

With a curved front and back, Skechers Shape Ups simulate the feeling of walking on soft ground, like sand. Reebok EasyTones are a totally different design, incorporating “balance pod technology.” That means the Reeboks have mini inflated pods under the ball and heel of your foot. Both of these shoes are designed to create instability, making muscles work harder and hopefully giving you a firmer backside.

After giving Skechers Shape Ups and Reebok EasyTones to some of our staffers, here’s what we found:

Comfort battle: Skechers Shape Ups vs. Reebok EasyTones

Overall, our staffers liked the feel of Skechers Shape Ups. One said, “The rocking sensation was a little strange at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly.” Our staffers also found Reebok EasyTones comfortable.

Verdict

When it comes to comfort, both the Reebok EasyTones and Skechers Shape Ups get a good grade. They might take some getting used to, but both are a great fit.

Style factor: Skechers Shape Ups or Reebok EasyTones?

Let’s just say our staffers wouldn’t wear either of these shoes to be stylish. One tester thought the Skechers Shape Ups were passable – if you wore long pants. Another staffer felt differently: “They’re hideous in my book.”

With a matte plastic look on the top and sides of the EasyTones, Reeboks didn’t do much better. “As soon as I tried them on, I was getting a lot of crazy stares.”

Verdict

Trendy, they’re not. To sport either Skechers Shape Ups or Reebok EasyTones, you might have to sacrifice style for fitness.

Working it: Do Skechers Shape Ups or Reebok EasyTones tone better?

One staffer summed it up best, “I definitely feel like Shape Ups have more range of motion than the Reeboks.” In general, our testers did not feel as much toning with the Reeboks.

Verdict

When it comes to feeling the burn, Shape Ups seem to deliver more.

Value: Overall, are Skechers Shape Ups or Reebok EasyTones the better buy?

Our staffers were more impressed with Skechers Shape Ups. One staffer said, “I’d probably pay the $100 if I had an extra $100 to spend.”

Editor’s Note: This article was originally on The Goods, and written by Viewpoints Reviewer Sara1231.

Jennifer A. Freeman (73 Posts)

Jennifer A. Freeman is the content editor for Viewpoints. Reach out to her with story ideas or comments about Viewpoints.