Votes Are In: These Are the Best Baby Swings On the Market

best baby swings on the market

The best baby swings on the market are safe, portable, and keep baby happy while you need to put him down for a few minutes.

Your baby has arrived! After months of anticipation you can finally hold your little one in your arms, gaze at her little face as you rock her back and forth…and back and forth, and back and forth.

You’ve probably realized by now that your new baby likes to stay moving! Is all the bouncing, swaying and pacing leaving you tired and without a break? Check out these baby swings, voted by Viewpoints reviewers as the best swings on the market. Investing in one of our top picks will give your arms back to you for a little while, and will keep your little one safe (and soothed!) so you can go and fix yourself a sandwich.

Is it a swing or a spaceship? Top of the line baby swings loaded with amenities

Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Cradle 'n Swing

Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Cradle ‘n Swing

Fisher Price My Little Lamb Dreamy Motions Cradle Swing

Rock him side to side or back and forth in this multi-motion modern swing. Six swing speeds, a plush frame, and cozy cocoon make it a soothing place for rest and play! This swing is battery-powered and has easy-fold legs, making it portable and easy to store.

Score: 88/100
Price: $118

“We never bought a swing with our first child because we didn’t think it was necessary. After a few weeks we realized it was VERY helpful…you (can) flip the swing between rocking back and forth or side to side depending on your baby’s personal preference, (and) the spinning mobile kept our baby’s attention.” roreesmommy, a reviewer since 2010

Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center

This baby swing comes with all the bells and whistles: four seating positions with patented cradling motion, six swing speeds, three-position reclining seat, deep plush seat for extra comfort, and an overhead toy bar with detachable soft toys. Have a Graco car seat? It’ll click right in to this baby swing. Plus, it also works as a bouncer.

Score: 87/100
Price: $92

“We received this swing as a shower gift and it turns out to be my absolute favorite piece of baby equipment! We also had a Graco infant carrier, and the fact that I could bring my child in from the car sleeping and put them in the swing to continue sleeping was a life saver. We also really liked the fact that the seat came out of the swing and could be used as an alternative to a bouncy seat.” dalig3 a reviewer since 2011

The best portable space saver

Bright Starts Comfort and Harmony Portable Swing

True speed technology maintains six speeds as baby grows. This baby swing plays six original melodies with volume control and auto shut off, plus it has a pivoting foam toy bar with two plush toys. A great value buy!

Score: 90/100
Price: $53

“Upon having my 4th child, I wanted to get a travel sized swing that would be small enough to tote with us on out frequent trips, yet sturdy enough to be truly functional…It folds nicely and tucks into a corner in my dining room when it’s not in use, but is easy enough to set up that I frequently take it out and set it up with one hand while holding my 5 months old with the other.” Xraychic9, a reviewer since 2010

Have a Graco car seat? Check out this baby swing frame, designed for families on the go

Graco Baby SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

Does your baby always fall asleep in the car? Now you can transfer their Graco infant car seat right into this Graco Swing Frame for a long, restful sleep. Variable swing speeds allow you to find the right pace to suit your baby’s mood and two-speed vibration to help keep your baby calm and relaxed. The frame is easy to fold for travel and storage. Compatible with all Graco Car Seats like this reviewer favorite: Graco Smart Seat All-in-One Car Seat.

Score: 83/100
Price: $68

Babies love to be in motion! The best baby swings on the market will have a wide, sturdy base and a comfy, breathable seat for your little one to rest in.

Jessie Veith Rouleau (58 Posts)

Jessie Veith Rouleau is a full-time mom with two kids, Sam, 3, and Mia 2. When she’s not pushing strollers, buckling car seats, washing hands, and reading stories, she’s writing about the products that help make mom’s day a little bit easier. At the park, when you’re talking baby and kids, she’s listening.