Best Products To Clear Clogged Pores

clear-clogged-pores

The best products to clear clogged pores cleanse your skin at a deeper level than normal soap. These masks are favorites with Viewpoints reviewers to clear clogged pores.

Clogged pores always seem to creep up at the most inconvenient times! To top that, they often show up on the most visible parts of your face (i.e. forehead, chin, etc.).

Clogged pores are the result of hormones that stimulate the overproduction of sebum (aka oil), causing the pores to become clogged with dead skin cells. The best way to prevent this is to first recognize that regular washing (where you simply wash with a cleanser) will not provide the proper cleansing needed to prevent the pores from clogging. Instead, you have to regularly cleanse at a deeper level. This is where regular exfoliation and tools like the Clarisonic can be really helpful. Aside from this, a mask can also help to reach deeper into the pores to pull out excess oil and toxins. Let’s take a look at some of the best products to clear clogged pores, according to Viewpoint reviewers.

Viewpoints Score: 95/100
Est. Price : $4

The best thing about this clay is that it is 100 percent natural. This product is effective because the clay itself carries a negative charge (when applied to the skin), which then binds with the toxins in the skin, which carry a positive charge. The result is a pulsating deep cleansing facial.

I have personally used this product and can attest to the fact that this mask pulsates. You can literally feel this mask pumping the blood in your face and detoxing your skin. One personal tip is to put this mask on and lay down so that your skin stays lifted as the mask tightens.

Because this mask is so powerful, I would recommend leaving it on for about 5-7 minutes and using it just once per week. To make the mask, simply mix equal parts clay with water or raw apple cider vinegar. IMPORTANT: Be sure to use a non-metal bowl and utensil such as plastic or ceramic. It can lose its facial cleansing effectiveness after coming in contact with metal.

What do Viewpoints reviewers have to say?

“This stuff is very strong and within seconds of spreading this clay mask on my face, I immediately feel my skin tighten and the clay working its way and seeping into my pores to remove the impurities that have collected. My recommendation is to not leave it on too long, and instead to leave it on just long enough for it to do its job. I purchased Aztec Secret on the recommendation from my Dermatologist, to help treat my acne. The dirt and grime that collects in your pores is the main culprit behind severe break outs and so I immediately reached for this product to undo and halt the damage. I used this face mask about once or twice a week, and about a month ago, stopped using it since my skin began clearing up.” blueberryprincess, Reviewer since 2011

With the affordable price point (~$4) and the rave reviews from other Viewpoints readers, I definitely recommend giving this product a try.

Viewpoints Score: 88/100
Est. Price: $24

Another pore cleansing product is Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. According to Origins, “Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that ‘stuff’ down there, skin ‘breathes a sigh of relief.’”

It can be used one or more times per week with light steam (like from a warm moist towel).

I have yet to try this product, but many Viewpoints reviewers are raving about its effectiveness at clearing clogged pores:

“I got this in one of the holiday gift sets that Origins released this past season. I really like this mask and it works well to remove oil from clogged pores…” Nunie8, Reviewer since 2010

“I have heard amazing things about this mask, so I had to give it a try for myself. The Origins Charcoal mask is a wonderful thing. I love masks that you can actually feel working, and this one you definitely can! It has a cooling, ‘yes I am cleaning out your pores’ sensation that I find to be satisfying.” DivaandtheDivine, Reviewer since 2013

“I love this mask because it makes my face look so clear and flawless. It is perfect to put on before a big event when you want to start off with a super clean canvas for your makeup. It works really well to tighten pores and give the appearance of really smooth and clear skin. Another thing that I love about the mask is that it uses all natural ingredients to give this effect. I don’t have to sacrifice my well-being for beauty! I think this mask is so much better than the critically acclaimed boscia black luminizing mask.” jadoreparis, Reviewer since 2011

All in all, remember it’s important to cleanse at a deeper level to prevent your pores from becoming clogged. Let us know if you try any of these products or if you find something else that works for you!

Jennifer Oseitutu Jennifer Oseitutu (12 Posts)

Jennifer Oseitutu is a recent graduate of the University of Chicago where she undertook studies in both Biological Sciences and Sociology. She has traveled abroad to Beijing, China and Accra, Ghana, taking note of the beauty culture in these areas. In addition, she wrote her senior thesis on skin bleaching in Ghana. Overall, she enjoys providing skin care information that goes beyond the cookie-cutter tips you find in magazines.