Comparison Shopping: Wal-Mart Sales and Viewpoints Microwave Reviews

Comparison shopping

Comparison shopping between online ads and Viewpoints.com reviews can save you a headache when shopping for microwaves and other small appliances.

Who doesn’t love a one-stop shop? If you’re like me, you go to Wal-Mart to cover all your bases in one trip. But with such a large and varied selection, how do you know what to buy? I went over to Walmart.com to see what microwaves they are selling, then took a look at Viewpoints.com reviews to see what’s really worth a purchase.

Sharp Carousel Microwave —Double duty with a convection oven

Powered by Viewpoints

Sharp 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Carousel Microwave Oven (rated 93/100) is a highly recommended microwave on both Walmart.com and Viewpoints. It retails for around $275. This microwave is actually a grill to convection oven. That means it has heat sources that cook from both the top and the bottom, kind of like a grill. It gives you the added features of getting crispy food from your microwave, and the ability to bake french fries, and even roast meat!

“We decided to try all the features out the first week we brought this home. We quickly found out that this microwave does so much more than reheat yesterday’s dinner. The favorite and most used feature is the convection oven. It actually makes a crisp frozen pizza – a big deal with two teenagers.” Slarkslark, Reviewer since 2010

“Large and small amounts of food are cooked evenly and again without drying it out. That reheat button is a snap to use. The temperature gague cooks the food to your liking as well.” —CJMercik-24Reviewer since 2009

“It is well worth the price I paid which at the time was under $200 but I would do it again. It saves time and money. Also it has where you can add minutes to it when needed. I tell people about it and they can’t believe I have a microwave that can do all that.” Servantforjesus, Reviewer since 2009

Magic Chef Microwave — Compact and Reliable

Powered by Viewpoints

Another popular microwave Wal-Mart offers is the Magic Chef 1.3-Cubic Foot Digital Microwave (rated 83/100), retailing for just over $100.

This microwave features a sleek, stainless-steel look, a child-lock feature, 10 different power level settings and 1100 watts of cooking power. Check out what some of our members had to say about this microwave:

“We have had this Magic Chef Microwave now for a few years and can say that it has worked very well for us…… There are plenty of settings and power levels to handle all the things I microwave. I find myself using the microwave a lot.”Harrytree, Reviewer since 2010

“The Controls are easy to understand and very straight forward. It always cooks evenly the rotating plate inside deffinately is nice I no longer have to stop the food half way and rotate it.”Ldp123, Reviewer since 2010

Next time you head over to your local Wal-Mart, stop by the small appliances section and scope out the microwaves. While you’re there, check out Viewpoints.com on your smart phone, and read the reviews before you buy!

Tiffany White Tiffany White (21 Posts)

Tiffany White is a stay-at-home mom in central Florida. She has a passion for cooking and family. She enjoys writing in her spare time and helping people find great deals and couponing.