Best Kitchen Gifts For Aspiring Home Chefs

best kitchen gifts

These best kitchen gifts would be a welcome surprise under the tree for the aspiring chef in your life.

I love my kitchen appliances, but don’t always love the price tag that comes with them. Christmas is a great time to find good deals on some of the most coveted small kitchen appliances. Maybe you have an aspiring chef on your gift list, or someone who loves to bake and cook? Maybe you want to give yourself a gift and finish out your kitchen appliance set. These appliances would be great to snag for holiday gift giving, and they will never know what a great deal you got on them!

Holiday Gift Idea: Stand Mixer

Powered by Viewpoints

One very coveted item is a stand mixer. They are NOT cheap, but can be so very useful in the kitchen. Check out what’s being offered this year:

Wal-Mart is offering the classic Kitchen-Aid 4.5qt stand mixer (96/100) for $199, at a $30 discount. This winner of the Viewpoints Reviewers Choice award for best overall stand mixer is truly a “must buy” for any cook.

This workhorse will be the most versatile appliance in your kitchen. You can do everything from make your own bread and pasta, to baking and whipping. All parts are dishwasher safe, which means no hard cleanup for you. Check out what some of our members had to say about this model:

“This mixer is most definitely “heavy-duty”. It weighs a ton! It is part of what makes so useful. It can handle the toughest doughs. I make pizza dough and whole wheat bread in mine all the time.” nocapes, Reviewer since 2010

“In our house the Kitchen Aid mixer is a MUST have! My mom had a similar Kitchen Aid mixer from when she got married and it is still kicking.” Schuljo, Reviewer since 2010

Holiday Gift Idea: Convection Toaster Oven

Powered by Viewpoints

Another appliance you might be in need of an upgrade is your toaster. Have you thought about going to a toaster oven, to combine two appliances in one? Best Buy is selling another one of the Reviewers Choice Award winners at a great price. This Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven (94/100) is selling for $179. Order soon and you’ll be able to take advantage of 20 percent off small appliances at BestBuy.com.

This convection toaster oven allows you to bake, broil or toast at the touch of a button. The 0.6 cu. ft. capacity accommodates up to a 12” pizza.

Check out what some of our members had to say:

“Okay, so I usually have mixed feelings on stuff I get but I really cannot find a single “con” with this toaster oven.” usernameandp, Reviewer since 2010

“The Cuisinart TOB-195 Toaster Oven is one of my favorite appliances in the kitchen. In the summer, I really don’t like to use the oven to heat things up like cheese toast or frozen pizzas but with this toaster oven, I do not have to do that anymore” qclipper, Reviewer since 2010

Holiday Gift Idea: Electric Griddle

Powered by Viewpoints

Another appliance which isn’t standard in every kitchen, but is worth an investment, is an electric griddle. This can come in handy when you’re making breakfast for the whole family and don’t want to use a bunch of pans.

Sears is offering the Presto Cool Touch Electric Griddle 07030 (92/100) on sale for $25.

What’s great about this griddle is the cool touch feature, a barrier around the griddle itself, making it safe to be around. There’s no worry that you will bump into it and possibly burn yourself. It also features tempurature control selections and is super easy to clean! Check out what our members had to say about this model:

“An electric griddle was somethng we would never think to buy ourself,then my mom got us one for christmas this past year. We LOVE it. We use it to cook bacon, pancakes, grilled chesse and other grilled sandwhich’s, and burgers.” AndreaSpencerBrown, Reviewer since 2011

“We love this griddle and plug it in to use every day. It is lightweight, portable, perfect heat settings, dishwasher safe, and even has a warranty and is qualified for rebates at some locations.” cbemt, Reviewer since 2010

“It has been a great addition to Sunday mornings at the house.  It’s easy to use.” Ajj13, Reviewer since 2007

Happy shopping! I hope you find all of the deals you are looking for, and then some. Come back to Viewpoints.com and let us know what you got, and how you like it.

Tiffany White Tiffany White (21 Posts)

Tiffany White is a stay-at-home mom in central Florida. She has a passion for cooking and family. She enjoys writing in her spare time and helping people find great deals and couponing.