This year is not the first one where some stores have opened their doors to Black Friday shoppers Thanksgiving night, but this year is the first year Macy’s will be. Macy’s sales will be starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day this year where shoppers will be seeing discounts on most of its best selling merchandise.
Where you’re gonna see the deals
I know Macy’s is one of my first stops on Black Friday, so finding out where the deals are going to be is very important so I can make sure I spend my shopping time wisely. This year Macy’s will be having its biggest deals in two main categories: apparel (including shoes) and kitchen appliances.
Clothing and shoes galore
Most of Macy’s sales are in clothing and shoes, particularly women’s and juniors. Kamal Bosamia, said in a press release on behalf of Midwestern Macy’s locations that clothes are going to be the store’s hottest items for the entire holiday season.
“Clothes and kitchen appliances. We always see a peak in those sales this weekend and we’re expecting to see the highest one yet,” Bosamia said in a follow-up email.
So what are the items on sale that will be restocking your closets and shoe racks this year? There are four main clothing deals that Macy’s is advertising:
- All Rampage brand boots will be on sale for $19.99. These boots normally sell for between $59.99 and $79.99, so if you’re looking for some stylish riding, dress, combat, cowboy or other style of boots to shove your jeans into, this is the sale for you.
- I don’t personally own any cashmere sweaters, but I want to one day; they are so soft and warm they are sure to beat the winter chill. Charter Club cashmere crewnecks are normally between $129 and $159 but during Black Friday you’ll be able to find them for $39.99.
- For your teenager, American Rag will be on sale this Black Friday, too, with a buy one sweater, dress, jean, top or coat, in the girl’s or boy’s section, and get one free (of equal or lesser value, of course).
- Most Contemporary Apparel brands will be 30 percent off as well. This includes brands like Lucky, Kensie and Miss Me. And men’s dress shirts and ties will be on sale for $19.99.
You might notice that there are no promoted Macy’s sales on coats or other winter gear this year. When you’re browsing around you might see a sale or two, but generally coats and snow boots do not go on sale until January, so try to hold out until then if those items are on your list this year.
Buy or replace any of your kitchen appliances
Kitchen appliances are going through a major discount at all stores this year, including Macy’s. You can buy your choice of the following Black and Decker, Bella and Westinghouse appliances for only $9.99 after a $10 rebate:
- Coffee maker
- Waffle maker
- Slow cooker
- Deep fryer
- Panini maker
- Pressure cooker
- Toaster oven
There is also going to be a sale on Martha Stewart Collection Collector’s Enameled Cast-iron Casseroles. These $119-$219 dishes will be 70 percent off during Black Friday sales. These casseroles have a Viewpoints score of 87/100 based on 17 reviews and are praised for heating food evenly, and versatility.
There are a few other things that will be a part of Macy’s sales this Black Friday, including jewelry, luggage, fragrance samplers and even a camera.
- You don’t see many good jewelry sales this time of year but Macy’s will have diamond and 14k white gold stud earrings for $169, discounted from the original $550.
- If you’re looking for a matching luggage set for when you are traveling this holiday season, you might want to look at the Tag Fairfield III Five-Piece Luggage set that will be available for $49.99, marked down from its current price of $200.
- For something a little different from Macy’s usual merchandise, it will be selling the Sharper Image Action Camera for only $49.99. You can mount this camera on a bike, or a helmet, or anything the mounting kit will attach to, and set it to take pictures as you ride.
Ready for winter and Christmas dinner
Shop at Macy’s this Black Friday and you’ll be able to affordably stock your closets full of pants and sweaters to keep you warm this winter, and enough kitchen appliances to cook your family’s Christmas dinner. With Macy’s opening on Thursday for the first time in its history for Black Friday shopping, the store will be doing two rounds of these doorbuster deals: 8 p.m. Thursday to 1 p.m. Friday, and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. You’ll have three days to make sure you get all of your holiday shopping done on time.