Review: The Honest Company Shampoo + Body Wash

The Honest Company Shampoo + Body Wash

The Honest Company Shampoo + Baby Wash does double duty at bath time with natural, healing ingredients.

The Honest Company Shampoo + Body Wash

Product: Honest Company Shampoo + Body Wash

Rating: TBD (Editor’s note: Help us assign a score by writing a review!)

Price: $9.95

Best For: Babies and kids

For the past eight years, I have used whatever baby wash was cheapest on the shelves, not really thinking about the ingredients inside. Natural brands were usually too expensive for my budget. After lots of research lately though, I’m moving toward keeping chemicals off my children, including their body wash and shampoo. As part of an Honest Company Essentials Bundle I received the Honest Shampoo + Body Wash and immediately put it to use.

Honest Shampoo and Body Wash is made to wash baby from head to toe. Unlike many name brand baby washes, The Honest Company has created a natural shampoo and baby wash that is free of toxic chemicals. Natural ingredients such as calendula and chamomile remove dirt while protecting the skin.

The shampoo is a concentrated formula, which means I only have to use a small amount to get the desired results. Now that my kids are a little older, this works great since it lathers very well and they can wash themselves. Honest Shampoo and Body Wash comes in a tall skinny bottle with a press top. My son loves the top because he can easily open it himself. The one thing I dislike is there is always one drip that gets pushed out when I close the bottle.

Pros:

• Organic and natural ingredients
  • Concentrated formula that lathers very well
  • Rinses cleanly
  • Light citrus scent

Cons:

• Need to pair with the Honest Hair Conditioner or the Honest Conditioning Mist for long hair

Cleaning Effectiveness

Whether a shampoo and body wash is effective really depends on how well it cleans and works. I am used to pouring just a touch of wash in the tub water, which I tried with the Honest Shampoo and Body Wash. It seemed to bubble up as well as the Honest Bubble Bath, though it doesn’t have the same room-filling aroma. As stated above, the wash is easy to use and my kids are now able to wash themselves. When they are sitting in the tub, the soap rinses off easily. It also only takes one round of rinsing to get it out of their hair.

Sensitive skin and skin conditions

The wash has been gentle on their skin and seems to help do a little healing of any summer owies they may have. My middle son at 5-years-old still has cradle cap. Every product we have used so far does not seem to touch the gunk. When I work the Honest Shampoo and Body wash into his hair, is seems to be breaking it up and beginning to heal the skin.

The Shampoo and Body Wash is a subtle mix of sweet orange and vanilla scents. There is a slight perfume to the wash, but it is very light and does not last on baby’s skin at all.

An 8.5 ounce bottle of the Honest Shampoo and Body Wash runs $9.95 when purchased individually from the website. This is pretty comparable to high-end natural products such as California Baby. However The Honest Company has a variety of ways to make their products more affordable through bundling options. I really have enjoyed the Honest Company Shampoo and Body Wash was a natural wash for my kids and a way to keep harmful chemicals away from their precious skin. I have several friends with new babies that will be receiving Honest Shampoo and Body Wash for their new little ones as well.

Carrie Chance (63 Posts)

Carrie Chance has long been active in the consumer reviews space, as both a writer and a reviewer. She has a special interest in kids and family issues. Carrie works full-time as a pre-school administrator and is mom to three young children of her own. She and her family live in Lansing, Michigan.