Top 6 Quick Fix Beauty Products

beauty must haves top 10 beauty must have's

Step away from the makeup aisle! We found a beauty expert willing to share her ultimate beauty must have list.

Most of us have a tight budget and an even tighter schedule. When your beauty products multitask, you don’t have to sacrifice looking your best. We’ve got the expert scoop on six beauty products that get you looking your best in mere minutes. These six beauty products are easily found in most drugstores. Even better, they won’t break your budget.

viewpoints reviews beauty producsts viewpoints beauty products

These six products have maximum bang for minimum buck.

The List

Christy Kelsey is the personal style blogger of Love Your Clothes, Love Yourself. She is also a PhD student and a full-time research coordinator at a children’s hospital, so she doesn’t have time for a long morning beauty routine. She spoke with Viewpoints about her favorite quick fix beauty products. Here are her ultimate must-haves paired with reviews from customers who agree.

1. Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Powered by Viewpoints

I use this miracle product (approx. $5) all the time, everywhere. It’s perfect for my lips, cuticles, hands, eyelids, and anywhere else that needs a little moisture. In the winter I go through gallons of the stuff!

“Aquaphor Healing Ointment is serious stuff. Its active ingredient Petrolatum combines with inactive ingredients Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, and Bisabolol to help sooth, protect, and heal skin which is in trouble including minor cuts, scrapes, bruises, or just severely dried and cracked skin and lips” - AnnaBanana, Reviewer since 2007

“This is another product I probably wouldn’t have bought without hearing lots of positive recommendations for it.  Aquaphor can really help heal so many things!  We’ve used it for diaper cream, body lotion, and to heal cracked skin.” - krp-b, Reviewer since 2010

2. Olay Total Effects Eye Cream

Oil of Olay Eye Cream

Oil of Olay Eye Cream

Powered by Viewpoints

I tend to try out multiples of these but my current favorite is Olay Total Effects Eye Treatment (approx. $10).

I wear it under my makeup and every night – it keeps my eyes bright and looking beautiful.

“I tried it and just a couple of days later my husband asked me what I was using on my face. He said that I looked great. My skin was very soft and the wrinkles around my eyes and brows were decreased.He is now using it also.” – viewer99, Reviewer since 2008

“I just started using the one I bought and I already see a difference. My bags are slowly getting lighter, and the skin around my eyes isn’t as dry anymore. ” - xjess, Reviewer since 2010

3. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Sunscreen

neutrogena-healthy-defense-sunscreen

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Sunscreen

Powered by Viewpoints

As someone with relatively pale skin who lived in South Florida for most of my life, I can’t do without sunscreen. I’ve been wearing it on my face every day since high school. Currently I’m using Neutrogena Healthy Defense with 50 SPF (approx. $12, 1.7 oz.) – it doubles as my facial moisturizer too (can’t beat a multi-tasker!).

The product reviews on Viewpoints are for a very close cousin, SPF 45:

‘Neutrogena Healthy Defense is the only product I use for my face. My skin is very oily and very prone to break outs because therefore I always look for a products that gets rid of all the excess oil on my face. This product worked perfect with my face. It goes on smoothly and it does not leave layer of residue on my face. I highly recommend this product who needs the extra SPF 45 protection along with a moisture needed for all types of weather.” - GabrielaRay, Reviewer since 2010

“It went on feeling so smooth, obsorbed right away into my face and the lite scent was wonderful.  I had a healthy looking slight shine, softer looking skin and with the added SPF, I was just delighted!  I would recommend this product to family and friends without hesitation.” - my2shelterdogs, Reviewer since 2010

4. Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara in Very Black

Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara in Very Black from Maybelline

Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara

Powered by Viewpoints

I have tried about almost every mascara on the market.  Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara in Very Black from Maybelline (approx.$7)  lengthens beyond belief, doesn’t flake or smudge. It comes off with just water and doesn’t irritate my eyes. Fabulous!

“Maybelline’s Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara just moved to the top of my “Don’t leave home without it” list! I love what this does to my appearance. I’m an eyelash challenged girl, but you couldn’t tell from this mascara!” - jenniandtony, Reviewer since 2010

“There are certain criteria I prefer in a mascara and this one meets or exceeds nearly all of them. First and foremost, I absolutely can’t stand a mascara that smudges or smears all over my brow bone, and below my lower lashes making me look like a raccoon by the time I get to work, and this one doesn’t do this.” - SoCalMom, Reviewer since 2008

5. Mac Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer

mac-studio-finish-concealer

Mac Studio Finish Concealer

Powered by Viewpoints

When my eye cream just isn’t doing it and sleep is but a memory – I rely on Mac Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer (approx. $18) to help me. It lasts all day and doesn’t crease or cake like some of the other concealers I’ve tried. Plus it covers even my darkest circles!

“I love this concealer.  Even though it looks like a little pot.  There is a LOT of product. I’ve used my pot for over a year and I’m still no where NEAR hitting pan.   This is a great concealer for hyper-pigmentation spots from acne and pimples and things like that.  It does stay on very well and the SPF 35 is awesome.  Since I get hyper-pigmentation from acne very easily, any sun light can make it darker therefore I always need SPF to prevent that.  It’s very rare to find a concealer with that high of sun protection.” connito, Reviewer since 2010

“I have really dark circles under my eyes, so although I don’t wear any other make-up, I don’t feel complete leaving my house without concealer under my eyes. This concealer is my favorite; it goes on really smoothly, and it super easy to blend with my fingers. They also have a TON of different shades, so I can change it depending on summer or winter (when I’m paler).” - alysa66, Reviewer since 2009

6. Neutrogena Bronzer

Neutrogena Bronzer

Neutrogena Bronzer

Powered by Viewpoints

I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer  (approx. $12) to give my complexion a little pick me up. It’s much more flattering on my skin tone than blush – its blend of multiple shades gives me a great glow.

“This blush & bronzer is long-lasting as well.  The case also comes with a built-in mirror that is real small but you can see more then you would think.  This Neutrogena product also comes with a blend of antioxidants which will enhance your skins appearance over time.” - spoiledbyneil, Reviewer since 2008

“I think there may have been a top coat of protectant or the product was too tightly packed or I just wasn’t digging hard enough but I got it to work and the color is gorgeous! I don’t use the bronzer side because I like my pale skin. Be warned that the pigmentation isn’t amazing unless you get a lot on your brush which is what I had to do.” - Dorikay, Reviewer since 2010

Fresh Faced Simplicity

Looking your best shouldn’t limit your budget or your morning routine. As our busy beauty expert knows, your beauty regime shouldn’t get in the way of your life. These six products are multi-functioning and long-lasting. Keep this beauty round-up in mind the next time you wander through the drugstore make up aisle. You’ll save yourself a lot of time and even more money.

Amber Rambharose Amber Rambharose (50 Posts)

Amber Rambharose is a former writing intern at Viewpoints. She graduated from Hollins University with a B.A. in English Literature and is continuing her studies at the University of Cincinnati.

• J

My 6 must haves would be- Dior Skinflash, an exceptional highlighter/concealer.
    Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Cream, Small jar goes a long way, the under-eye looks radiant, smooth and brighter.
    Dior Extase Mascara- Best out there!
    Cargo Blush – Great shades, never looks dry.
    Curell Body Lotion- inexpensive, silky.
    Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Face Capsules- To use on face & throat at bedtime, firming & smoothing!
    Zoya Nail Polish- The best! Does not chip.
    Beautiful colors!