Review: Lanza Hair Conditioners Are Stylist Recommended

Lanza

The Lanza line of hair conditioner is little known, but our expert stylist would recommend it to anyone.

Product: Lanza Hair Conditioners

Lanza Healing Color Care Color Preserving Conditioner ($20 for 8.5 oz)

Lanza Leave-In Conditioner  ($12 for 10.1 oz)

Viewpoints Score: TBD

About Lanza

The Lanza line of hair care products has been on the market since 1985. It is one of the few independently owned and operated hair care companies in the United States. It began with hair care and styling products and has more recently expanded into hair color production and education. This line has been reformulated and repackaged several times over the years to keep up with changing consumer demand. It began as a professional line, only available in salons, but now it’s available online as well.

Since I haven’t used this brand in years I wasn’t expecting much, but I decided to review two of its hair conditioner products, the Lanza Healing Color Care Color Preserving Conditioner and the Leave-In Conditioner. I brought them to the salon to try out on some of my clients so that I could get feedback from them, too. I thought the packaging was aesthetically pleasing enough and modern. The Color Care Conditioner has a citrusy smell while the Leave-in Conditioner smells like cucumber, which I happen to love, especially in the summertime.

The Lanza Color Care Conditioner I used at the sink after applying color, and I found it to be easy to use with excellent detangling ability, even on blondes who are notorious for tangles. It contains anti-fade compounds as well as UVA/UVB and UVC protectors and claims to make your hair color last up to 107 percent longer. That is pretty substantial, as hair color tends to fade with each and every shampoo.

The Lanza Leave-in Conditioner surprised me as I don’t tend to like leave-ins in general, and I don’t use them very often in the salon. I think the reason I don’t like most of them is that they leave a palpable residue behind in the hair. I like products that disappear into the hair and don’t have much presence. I liked this one because it didn’t leave behind any greasy or oily residue and blew out clean in the hair with no drag on the brush. I tried it on many different hair types and liked it on both fine hair and coarse hair.

Lanza’s “healing” capabilities

I was a bit curious as to why Lanza would call this a healing line and decided to investigate this claim. These products contain Neem plant silk serum. The Neem plant is a tropical evergreen tree native to India, and it has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for more than 4,000 years. It is used in hair products to help relieve itchy scalp and dandruff. I found that it is often used in insect repellent as well. I wonder if that means that it would help to keep the bugs away at the beach or at a picnic in the park? It’s an interesting idea that can’t hurt, and is definitely worth a shot.

I would recommend either of these products and particularly the Leave-In Conditioner. At $12 for 10.1 oz, this is definitely a steal! So make haste and try some to relieve those stressed out summer tresses with Lanza conditioner.

Editor’s note: If you have professional experience with hair care, Viewpoints is recruiting experts in priority product categories to write for our blog. Check out this overview of the Viewpoints Category Expert Program, including qualifications, compensation and how to apply.

Rachel Leipzig Rachel Leipzig (30 Posts)

Rachel Leipzig has been styling hair in Chicago for 15 years, after relocating from New York City and opening a salon on Oak Street on Chicago’s Gold Coast. She is currently working at Sho Studio in Chicago. A specialist in makeovers, her television appearances include Oprah, ABC, and FOX. Leipzig’s work has also been featured in Allure, Chicago Social and Today’s Chicago Woman magazines.