Best Easy to Use Bread Machines for Holiday Baking

Pumpkin bread, like the one pictured above, can be simpler than you think with an easy to use bread machine. Find out which top-rated models our reviewers recommend.

It’s just about this time of year when I march into my basement pantry and pull out the bread machine. I know why I do it. It’s because the weather is turning cooler, and I’m starting to cook heartier meals – soups, lasagna and other pasta dishes.

Just as it begins to turn dark outside, I generally start a fire and open a bottle of red wine.  Nothing warms the soul more than the smell of freshly baked bread, and nothing compliments a hearty meal more than a loaf of bread made fresh in your kitchen. Here are three of our top rated bread machines just in time for the holidays, along with a few delicious recipes you’ll want to save.

West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker 41400

The West Bend bread maker receives rave reviews from reviewers, including one who calls it a “kitchen necessity.” At $89.99, this quality bread maker earns a 93/100 rating. This machine is amazingly quiet, and it  also comes with 12 pre-programmable settings for any kind of bread you might want to make. You’ll even find instructions and recipes for gluten-free and low-carb options.

“The bread is delicious and consistent, which isn’t always the case when doing it by hand. Oh, and its so quiet. If it wasn’t for the buzzer I’d forget about it. Its really easy to use [and] clean up is a snap…” usernamechallenged

Just in time for Thanksgiving, here’s a recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Bread >>

Panasonic Programmable Bread Maker SD-YD250

This Panasonic is the perfect, easy bread maker, with tons of digital controls and options. You can find it for about $120. With a 92/100 rating, it mixes dough, kneads it and bakes three different loaf sizes, plus the settings allow you to select different textures depending on what kind of bread you’re making.

“The machine makes a great loaf size that is about 2.5 pounds and works well for any family.” stef42678

“I use this machine several times a week. I make just the regular homemade bread which we use for sandwiches or toast. I usually make some type of breakfast bread, such as date nut, raisin, etc. once a week…The machine is a ‘no brainer’.” JanHill

Looking for the perfect cinnamon roll recipe for the bread machine?  Look no further >>

Oster ExpressBake Bread Maker 5838

Oster is known for making quality bread makers, and this ExpressBake is no different, earning an 88/100 rating.  Bake bread under an hour – and for just $80.  There are eight bread settings, a keep warm feature and a delay bake option. After nine years, one reviewer says their Oster ExpressBake is still going strong!

“We use it at least once a week for pizza dough (throw in the ingredients and an hour and a half later you have pizza dough ready to roll!) and once or twice a week for bread.” –atvtnv

“This bread maker is fabulously cheap and efficient.” –noellebilly

This is the year to simplify your holiday baking with a bread machine that will last for years to come.

Editor’s note: If you have professional experience with bread makers or specialty kitchen appliances, Viewpoints is recruiting experts in priority product categories to write for our blog. Check out this overview of the Viewpoints Category Expert Program, including qualifications, compensation and how to apply.

Amanda Bryant (56 Posts)

Amanda Bryant is a design professional with an interest and expertise in products for the home and office. She is founder and principal of HangItUp Chicago, a fine art rental business partnering exclusively with Chicago-area companies.