The Hearthware NuWave Oven is a unique kitchen appliance, using infrared technology to cook food from the inside out. It’s earned an 84/100 rating with feedback from over 100 reviewers. For about $140, this is one appliance that reviewers rave will save you money and can help even a non-cook make dinner in no time.
How the NuWave Oven works
The NuWave countertop oven makes baking, barbecuing and broiling simple. It uses patented cooking technologies that combine conduction, convection and infrared heating to brown, warm and thoroughly cook food quickly. It claims to cook up to 50% faster and also save up to 85% more energy than a conventional oven. You just plug it in, select your cooking time and press the Start button.
What reviewers have to say
“I have used this oven to make everything from cupcakes to 16lb turkeys and every time it comes out perfect. I love the recipes that are in the included cookbook, but I have no problem preparing my own recipes.” –ScottiMartinez, Reviewer since 2010
“I am always cooking chicken and now it only takes me roughly 15 minutes to cook rather than 30+ min that my recipes call for. The best part about cooking chicken in this is that it stays moist. I hate when the chicken gets dried out in the oven but that has never happened with the Nuwave oven.” –AshleyWheeler, Reviewer since 2010
“The oven also cooks most foods faster than a regular oven and with less energy. I have cooked meat from it’s frozen state to fully cooked in a short time.” –Mumsthew0rd, Reviewer since 2010
“Foods prepared in the NuWave Oven are cooked quickly and evenly, sealing in the natural juices and removing unwanted fats. There is no need to preheat or defrost meat or vegetables before cooking. Clean-up is so easy too.” –PenguinJunky, Reviewer since 2009
Our top 10 NuWave Oven recipes
With images of juicy steaks and perfectly baked cookies in our heads, we researched what you can make with the NuWave Oven. We visited dozens of websites, taking ingredients, preparation time, cooking time and originality into consideration, to find the best NuWave Oven recipes.
- Banana Pumpkin Bread: Warm up cool nights in under half an hour with this seasonal dish.
- Beef Brisket: Make tender and juicy meat in half the time.
- Chicken Casserole: The perfect comfort food in one hour.
- Creamy Eggs: You’ll have a smooth, rich breakfast treat in just 10 minutes.
- Ginger Honey Flavored Salmon: Satisfy your craving for seafood in about 15 minutes.
- Lamb Chops with Feta Cheese: This Greek-inspired dish will be on the table in just 20 minutes.
- Pillsbury Sugar Cookies: Pre-made sugar cookies made even simpler. They’ll be ready in five minutes!
- Low-Cal Chicken Parmesan: A healthy way to enjoy a classic dish.
- Gourmet Pizza: This video will show you just how easy it is to make your own crispy homemade vegetable pizza in the Nuwave Oven.
- Turkey Enchiladas: Half an hour is all you need to bring the flavors of Mexico home.
For more information on the NuWave Oven, read NuWave Oven reviews.
Editor’s note: If you have professional experience with ovens, Viewpoints is recruiting experts in priority product categories to write for our blog. Check out this overview of the Viewpoints Category Expert Program, including qualifications, compensation and how to apply.