4.1

Pros

Cons

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

I used to use St. Ives brand of apricot facial scrub. Then I was in WalMart one day and saw WalMart's brand, Equate, and decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed was the much lower price. I did wonder if it would work as well as St. Ives, but I bought it and took it home. The tube is easy to hold onto and easy to squeeze to get product out. The cap is a flip top style and it very durable. The product is creamy but still very effective with the crushed up walnut shells in it that gives it the exfoliate factor. The scent is light and never overpowering. The directions are easy to follow. I applied the product using my fingertips, lightly rubbing as directed. You can use a bath sponge, washcloth or body puff to apply this product also. I had no problems rinsing off the exfoliate cream. I just used my hands and splashed water over my face, rinsing off the cream. It left my face clean and glowing. My skin also felt younger and more refreshed. I use this cream once a week as part of my "home spa" routine. I make sure I keep an extra tube on hand. This product is also easy to pack in a suitcase and travel with.

Side Effects
no side effects

Does nothing!

from Flint, MI

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

I actually wasn't planning on getting the equate version of this but I had sent my brother to get it and they just can't get it right. I thought it would probably be similar to the St Ives one because it essentially is a cheap version of that. Therefore, I decided to just keep this one since it was cheaper anyway. The first time I used this, it was horrible. The scrub came out in a nice consistency and had a nice scent to it but once I put it on my face, it did not feel refreshing or clean...it almost felt oily. There are quite a number of beads in the scrub so I was afraid of rubbing too hard and tried to stay as far away from my eye as possible. Nevertheless, as I was rinsing it off, it still got in my eye and burned like crazy! I was probably standing their trying to flush it out for a good 10 minutes before it stopped burning. That was when I realized that my skin felt greasy and not very clean. However, I already rinsed every bit of the scrub off because I was flushing out my eye for ten minutes so it as just a film that the scrub left behind. This is one of my pet peeves because I need my face to be clean so I had to wash my face again ( I had already washed it) to clean off the greasy film. I thought I just got something wrong so I tried it again the next day and the same thing happened. Bottom line is, this scrub leaves an oily film on your face and is horrible. Do not buy it, no matter how cheap it is.

• Immediacy:

The Cheaper Way to Wash With Apricot Scrub!

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

Apricot Scrub is one of the best exfoliates for your skin. It works on all areas of your body, not just your face. The scrub by Equate is just as effective as the St. Ive's brand of Apricot Scrub. Since it is made from all natural ingredients, you do not need to worry about putting harsh chemicals on your skin. I personally prefer to use the scrub because it is good for all skin types, especially for oily skin. I break out a lot of my face and have trouble with blackheads. This apricot scrub clears out my pores completely. I use it once a day to rid my skin of germs and dirt. It keeps me from breaking out and leaves my skin non-oily without drying it out.

Excellent results. Clean, smooth radiant skin.

Ease of Application
Its as easy as washing your face with any other facial exfoliate.

Convenience
Very convenient. I use mine while I shower.

Side Effects
There are no side effects other than clear skin!

Immediacy
When I first started using it I saw results within a few days, less than a week. Depends on how bad your skin condition is when you first used the scrub. No matter what though, it will work.

Great option!

Great generic product!

This is Walmart's attempt at reproducing the St. Ives scrub at a reduced cost. I would say that it is a fair attempt. The properties and texture are quite similar to the St. Ives product.

It does have the same effect as the original. So what this mean is that the skin does look more radiant and clean. It has the non not pore clogging properties.

This product does a great job at exfoliating, but you do not use on a daily basis. Only a weekly basis. You must clean your skin thoroughly, as it does take time to get the product off because you may still notice some beads that are left on your face as residue even after rinsing, so double check before you go out, or else it will be very embarrassing.

I would purchase this one over the brand name in a heart beat. Works as well, same quality, in fact I suspect it may be the same product but branded differently .

Comparable to the leading brand name in effectiveness

A must have.

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

I love the equate medicated apricot scrub. I think it works just as well as the St. Ives brand (I've tried both) but with a more affordable price. I use this product all year round. I've tried switching to other products but this is the one that keeps my skin clear.

This product keeps my skin clear, I've tried a few others but I always come back to this one.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, it rinses well also.

Convenience
Easy to apply and rinse. I think it's best used in the shower because it's easier to rinse it that way.

Side Effects
I didn't experience any side effects from this product.

Immediacy
This product is best used over a period of time. You won't see immediate results but you will see clearer skin after about a month of using it.

• Immediacy:

a reasonable facsimile at a great price!

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

i've also posted a review of St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin, and had absolutely nothing bad to say about the stuff. it helps make my skin nice and smooth and has been instrumental in fighting acne on my rather oily skin.

but that said, i'm also cheap. i like having good, quality stuff that works well, but i also want to spend as little money as possible to get it. so over the years, i've tried a number of different "store brand" versions of St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin. some of them have been absolutely disgraceful, of a frothy consistency with no real exfoliating power to speak of. others were of acceptable quality for the price but still not as good as the original.

**Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub**, however, is every bit as good as the original. if i were to test the two out blindfolded, i honestly don't think i'd be able to tell the two of them apart. it has a good consistency...thick but not too thick, and definitely not frothy (best way i can think to put it) like some similar knock-off products. it's got plenty of exfoliating power to leave skin nice and smooth, and it offers that same clean, tingly sensation that i love in the original, pricier, name-brand version.

so next time you run out of St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin, save yourself a little money and try **Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub** from WalMart instead. you won't be disappointed, and you probably won't even be ablt to tell the difference!

For the price Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub does a great job.

from Wellington, KS

Comments about Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub:

Equate brand Apricot Medicated Scrub is a product, that in my opinion, is definitely worth the money.  While I do still have acne, this product decreases their occurance and quantity.  This product gives you a really good scrub which helps to remove not only make up but it gets down and scrubs the the layers and layers of dirt and dry skin.  It is comparible to products of similiar nature, and as far as I'm concerned works just as well if not better.  My only complaint about this product is that sometimes the little scrubbers are hard to rinse off and get stuck behind the ears and in the eyebrows.  But with just a little extra scrubbing they rinse off just fine.

For anyone out there who is thinking about trying this product, but is weary of wasting their money on yet another too good to be true product, I say go for it.  You'll be out three bucks at most and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised by the results.