3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

I have a lot of baggage and I got it all from ebags.com!

***Quick View:*** I adore **ebags.com**. The site carries hundreds of styles of luggage, handbags, and any other kind of carrying items you can think of. They are reasonably priced, have great sales, free returns, and the best customer service on the net!***About ebags.com***I have no idea how I stumbled upon this site but, once I did, I have been back more times than I care to admit. This site sells handbags from various designers, luggage of every kind, computer bags, cosmetic bags, storage and luggage organizers, and  just about any kind of bag or carrier that you can think of. The prices are good to start but they constantly have sales. You can get 20% off your next order by reviewing an item you bought and you get $25.00 off your next order when you make an order. There are other sales all the time as well.I am not thrilled with paying shipping, although it's very reasonable, so I usually wait for a shipping special. The quality of the items sold on the site is high and if you don't like something for any reason, you can return it to them free. They pay for the shipping back and give you a full refund or exchange. That means a lot when you buy heavy luggage and, for some reason, want to return it. Return shipping on heavy items costs a bundle!I bought a number of  handbags, two pieces of Jansport luggage, a Kathy Zeeland carry on and upright suitcase, and MANY different types of packing cubes for use in my luggage and my home. I love everything I ever bought at** ebags.com** and the prices were really good. I returned one thing because I didn't like the color and it was so simple. I called and was issued a return label. I sent the item back at **ebags**' cost and was immediately refunded. The customer service person was super friendly and gave me 35% off a different bag. Yahoo!I have never had any issues with the site. Some people get upset because you can't stack coupons. That is, if you use a $25.00 off one, you can't also use a 20% off coupon. That stands to reason. I choose the coupon that works to my advantage.I will continue to shop with **ebags.com** until I buy every conceivable thing I want from them. That could be a while!***My Viewpoint***I have had nothing but pleasant experienced with **ebags.com**. I like their variety prices, and sales. My items are all good quality and, if something happens later on, they will take back the items - even months later. No complaints from me although free shipping would be icing on the cake. Still ***5 stars.***

Nice selection....but beware

I've spent a lot of money at ebags, including over a thousand dollars on luggage, but because of the problems I probably won't be shopping there again.   When they shipped my luggage to the wrong address (nowhere near my own) I felt it was just one of those mistakes.  At the time, the customer service representative that dealt with me was so helpful that I forgave a lot.  They did correct the problem and the luggage was retrieved and delivered to me, though the boxes had been opened and things like my packing slips (and I'm not sure if any other small items that were supposed to come with the luggage) were now gone.  It was more trouble to send it back, so I kept it because they offered me a discount on the next order.  Okay, things happen.  I ordered again because I got a great customer service agent....he even followed up on the problem to make sure I received the luggage....but he was the last great customer service agent I got.

One of the times I ordered, they were offering a $25.00 coupon toward a future order of $75 or more.  When I tried to use it, however, I discovered that my actual savings was only $3.00 different than what anyone else at the time was paying since there are always "come ons" of 10 and 20% and free shipping....which you cannot combine with your coupon.  So you will actually pay about what you'd pay anyway.  I ordered anyway because I wanted the bag.

Recently, I also had another $25.00 certificate code, earned with another purchase.  Because they were offering other discounts as well, a screen popped up which said something to the effect of "you cannot combine discounts" and showed both offers and asked which you would prefer.  I chose to use the $25.00 certificate code I had.  The screen registered properly.  The 20% discount disappeared and my $25.00 was applied.  (deducted from the now higher discountless total).  I placed an order for an amount of $75.49. (the amount with NO discounts but after subtracting the $25.00 coupon correctly)  The screen showed everything properly and very clearly.  I hit "Place your order" and the next page showed an order total of $92.49.  I assumed this was a computer glitch, so I called customer service, fully expecting to have the error corrected.  That was the beginning of a one week nightmare.  I have a screen shot in my hand showing the amount I authorized.  After some threats to call the Federal Trade Commision when they refused to correct the error, they finally did agree to correct the error, but said it would take at least ten days.  When I told her to cancel the order made only minutes before, they refused.  The higher charge would come through one month and the credit the following month and they would do nothing else in any way to correct their error which they kept insisting was not an error in spite of the fact that I held in my hands a copy of the order as really placed.  This is unacceptable.   I asked that they send me something in writing to this effect but they never did.  I wrote to customer service several times and they completely ignored my emails.

I am completel MORTIFIED that a website can change a credit card total AFTER THE FACT.  This is the equivalent of signing a credit card slip in a store only to have the store change the amount after you leave.  I have yet to get any proof that the credit will be issued and have to accept it on faith, but the fact that it takes so long to correct an error does not give me great faith in their practices.  If they do this to the thousands of customers they service, it gives them a lot of money to play with in the interim.  We complain when our banks hold onto our money because we know how valuable that can be, why should an online company be able to change charges and get paid?

Had it not been for the fact that every order has, in some way, required me to spend so much time on the phone, I probably would have given ebags a high rating because of their wonderful selection of merchandise.  But their prices are really no cheaper than many of their competitors, so the customer service issue is more than enough reason to try some of their competitors.  What a shame the rest weren't like that first rep I was able to speak to, I've spent over a thousand there, I probably would have spent a lot more.   But I'd rather pay more (and, as I said, their competitor's prices are no different, they just don't play games with their prices, so it won't even cost more) and know that I don't have to suffer the aggravation.

Will not buy again

from New Jersey

Comments about eBags.com:

This is an update to my review from 2/16 when I was excited to get the a Ed Heck rolling backpack from ebags. We didn't really use it til March and within that time, the seams started pulling apart on top of the bag, not any area where it was being pulled at. I reached out to ebags but their policy is that after 1 month, they can't refund but directed me to the email of the manufacturer who has yet to reply to my email. I'm not even looking for my money back but at least some fix or anything. Since a few days ago of contacting ebags, other seams on the backpack has started coming apart. I will not be purchasing any more bags form this manufacturer. It looks sturdy, felt sturdy, is real cute but probably won't last much longer. Buyer beware.

If you can't find it here, it probably doesn't exist.

Comments about eBags.com:

If it has the name bag in it, you will find the product on this site. From hand bags, to carry on bags, large suitcases and more. This site carries the top name brands, whether you are shopping for a new purse or looking for luggage. In terms of pricing, they are reasonably priced in comparison to other major retailers such as amazon.com or ebay.com. I also like the fact that you do not pay for shipping if you spend a certain dollar amount on your purchase. And, since the online retailer only carries bags, you will find far more selection on this site, in comparison to other online retailers that will carry half, if not less, of the same items as are sold through this online merchant.

The site is navigable, easy to add items to your shopping cart, and the checkout process is also quick and easy. Searching through the online catalog is quite simple as well, as there are many product categories to choose from.

No more baby back packs

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about eBags.com:

This year when back to school time came around my high school aged child decided she wanted a "messenger bag" instead of a " baby style back pack". After much ado we decided we would place an order online while we still had ample time before school started. eBags.com had a pretty decent sale going on and it didn't take very long to find the perfect fit, even though there was plenty to choose from. The price of the bag alone was a bit more expensive than I would have liked but the overall quality outweighed the price. As an added bonus, I signed up to earn rewards so I could earn to save more in the future. They were great with the communication regarding my order. The shipping itself is in need of improvement in my opinion. It took about a month to receive my order and I was only thankful that I ordered far in advance because it arrived exactly 2 days prior to the day she was scheduled to go back to school. I guess that was luck. I am unsure if that is a regular practice because that was my first order placed. Everything else with the order was perfect.

Product Selection
Nice selection of brands to choose from

could be much better

Shipping and Returns
A bit slower than I'd prefer

Fun, Economical, and Great Selection to Choose From

from Texas

Comments about eBags.com:

I love this e web site. It has bags of every size, description, color and style for everyone. I highly recommend their products and services for personal use as well as gifts.

Lots of products to choose from and This web site is easy to use. the hard part will be choosing just one or two bags.

Product Selection
I would give them a twenty here. The selection is huge, the choices are many and the products are quality.

Product Pricing
Like the bags there is a a wide variety to decide on. The one thing that I can assure you is the quality of the bags is equal to the product.

Customer Service
They are there to answer questions with a 800 number and they answer the phone late evenings when I seem to do a lot of my shopping. I love the markdowns and sale section. You don't have to go through the entire site to find these as their is a separate section just for these bargains.

Shipping and Returns
Based on the quality and price, I have never had to return anything so that to me speak volumes.

Good for backpacks

from Utah

Comments about eBags.com:

I like using Jansport backpacks, and I had been looking for a new one recently. I was able to find it on ebags.com, and I was able to find it for a good deal. Overall, I had a good experience, and I would be happy to use this site again.

Product Selection
I was able to sort through a lot of different options, and I was able to find the style that I like the best (plain color with a genuine leather bottom).

Product Pricing
Jansport backpacks can be a bit expensive, but this website offers them at a discounted price compared to the regular list price that other stores and websites use.

Shipping and Returns
When I bought my new backpack, ebags.com was offering free shipping on all Jansport products, so I was able to get free shipping without meeting any minimum threshold requirements. But since this was a special deal, I'm not sure what they're regular shipping policy is. The shipping time was quick. It shipped within a day or two of ordering, and it only took a few days to arrive.

From Backpacks To Briefcases, eBags Has You Covered

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about eBags.com:

The first time I made a purchase from eBags it was a messenger bag; I saw someone wearing one that looked extremely comfortable and wasn't oversized. I asked him where he got it and he told me he ordered it online at eBags. I wasn't sure about spending $70.00 on a bag without being able to see it and make sure that it was indeed the same exact bag but I threw caution to the wind and ordered it. It arrived four days later and was perfectly packed and was the same exact bag that I wanted. Since then I have ordered backpacks and bags for hiking and hunting but they really do have a bag for everyone.

The site gives you a good bit of information about what they have for sale but if you want more information or need specifics that aren't listed and you email them about it they do get back to you in about a half a day. To me customer service means a lot and I am willing to pay more for something if I know that the customer service team will be able to help me before and after I make the purchase. The site isn't fancy but that's fine with me; the photos are accurate and the prices are on par with what you would pay for the same or comparable product in a retail store.

They do have free shipping offers from time to time and that's a great way to get even more for your money; the last time I ordered I got two backpacks on sale and one laptop backpack at regular price and qualified for free shipping. I saved about $15.00 on the shipping fees and about $20.00 on each of the backpacks that were on sale.

They have a wide variety of manufacturers to choose from too; some of the biggest names are Olympia, Mobile Edge, JanSport, Fossil, HEX, Eagle Creek, Black Diamond, Converse and more. The prices are less (most of the time) than what I would pay for a bag at a sports store unless they are on clearance but eBags does have an ever-changing sale section that is well worth checking out when you are at the site because you never know what you are going to find there.

Positive experience.

Comments about eBags.com:

I have ordered from eBags.com a couple of times and have always had a positive experience.

The website works well, and the search is great. You can sort items by price or brand, which is very helpful.

Product Selection
The product selection is pretty good. It could be a little more varied, but I've checked eBags.com twice and ordered from them twice because they had exactly what I was looking for. They have a fairly wide range of brands to choose from.

Product Pricing
Product pricing is also pretty good. It's maybe a little high, but not terribly. Depending on what kind of brand you're looking for, you can get a really good discounted rate. Some of the brands are similar in price other other retailers.

Customer Service
I had to contact customer service once, and I found the representative to be friendly and helpful, and my issue was resolved immediately with one phone call.

Shipping and Returns
Both of the items I ordered from eBags.com arrived quickly and in good condition with no damage. The items were packed well. I have never had to return an item.

Wonderful website.

Comments about eBags.com:

I recently ordered the Dakine Prom Backpack from ebags.com and I have no complaints about the bag itself, the shipping, or the website. The website was very easy to navigate. You can browse several different ways including searching, by brand, by category, by gender, or by type of bag. It's very easy to customize your search as well. Once you enter a search or click on a category you can use the filters on the left hand side of the page to see exactly what you want. There are a wide range of filters including category, gender, school age, features, size, customer rating, price, materials, capacity, etc. Once you find something you want to view in detail and click on it, you are in for a wealth of information. Many of the products descriptions offer many different views of the exterior and interior of the product and sometimes even a video. The product descriptions are very detailed outlining material, features, colors, dimensions, etc. The ordering process was easy and quick. Shipping was faster than it said it was going to be, which was a nice surprise. The bag I received is high quality and has suited it's purpose. I knew it would because of all the info I received from ebags.com.

great site for the traveler in that family

Comments about eBags.com:

I found this site a few years ago and it has been really great for my husband who travels a great deal. We have also utilized it for our vacation needs. They offer free shipping on order above a certain amount As far as price goes I have been able to find a few items cheaper. Even the steal of the day, which is supposed to be a better price. They have a great selection everything from Purses to suitcases. They also have free returns which has proved useful when an item comes and it is not going to work for what he needed. There filtering menu is great because it really break things down so you can find what you are looking for faster. The site is very easy to navigate. The customer service on the site is good. If you want an answer sooner it is better to call vs email. I have found that they can take a full day to get back to you through email. Overall i think this is a good site and i would recommend it to others.

Bags OVERLOAD!

Comments about eBags.com:

I coupon and try to find good deals in everything that I purchase. So when my boyfriends soccer bag bit the dust and outdoor soccer season came along I had to start my search for a new bag. My boyfriend prefers Nike for his bags. I found many bags at Sports Authority for close to $50. But I did not want to pay so much for just one bag.

I started browsing online and found eBags.com . I was amazed at all their selections of purses, backpacks, laptop cases, wallets, and pretty much any bag-like item I could think of. But best of all they offered amazingly low prices compared to other retailers. I ended up finding the same Nike Medium Sports bag that was at Sports Authority. Except at Sports Authority it was $50 and I ended up paying $25! I flipped, I ordered it in red and it was at my doorstep in about 3 days. Needless to say I love eBags. My boyfriend loved his sports bag and thanks to the good prices and selection I have bought my a cross body purse and a couple of wallets.

Once you register make sure to opt in to receive there emails. They have sent me codes and offers for percent off and free shipping so that equals more savings. Will definitely stick to eBags for a long time to come.