Other Hair Colorings:

Cons

Better than Salon

from East bay, CA

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Graying Hair
    • New Look

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

Simply the best permanent coloring product, I don't think there is any better, since I didn't experience even the same at any salon I have tried. Usually I go to top salons like La Belle. The color was exactly as I wished to have, it was perfect. I think I will be long time customer. Thank you.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

Great Product!

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

I have tried many hair coloring products. After having disappointing results from my former hair coloring
    I wanted to try a different brand from what I usually use. I had heard of Esalon before but, wasn't sure about using a mail order hair coloring. So, when I saw this product featured on the Rachael Ray show & hearing great reviews on it,
    I decided to try it. I am so glad that I did.

The ordering process is great. After you fill out a profile then you can upload a photo of yourself & they will customize a hair color just for you. Then they will keep your ordering information & profile on file so that it will be ready for future orders. I received my hair coloring kit the next week. The kit was complete with a hair coloring brush. It's very easy to use. The color is rich with highlights. The color is so much more natural,
    And even covers stubborn gray hair. And it doesn't have that awful smell of so of the other brands. That's really important for people that are sensitive to strong odors.
    . And their customer service department couldn't be any better. They will ask how often you want to color your hair & will send reminders.
    A couple of days after I got my kit I got an email from them, asking if I was satisfied & told me that if I wasn't happy with the product that they wanted to keep their customers happy & would work with me to fix the problem. I would highly recommend this service & product & will certainly use it again.
    I would give it a perfect 10.

The didn't even try

from Chelsea, OK

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

I did the questionnaire for what color I wanted, my hair type, etc, then I send a picture of myself so they could see my hair. Waited a few days, got an email from them telling me what they wanted to do and if it was ok, so next day when I got ready to reply and say that's fine. I got another email from them and said they didn';t think they could do what I wanted since they didn't hear back from me and canceled my order said I would get a refund. They didn't even give me a 24 hrs. to reply or even try to do what I asked. And when I mentioned it they said oh you want us to try again, we didn't get a photo from you to see if we could really do it, which they did I sent one, and they didn't tell me this when they just cancelled without an explanation. Said we could try again, I said no. not after the service I got' I can imagine what I would look so I colored my hair myself and got the results I wanted. Which was red from the blond hair I already had.

couldn't rate what they can't do

didn't get a chance to

A Nice Kit But Not Worth The Cost

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

Overall Esalon is a great concept.They mix the color specifically for the client,and it is packaged extremely well. The kit consists of : 1 developer,and I asked for the volumizing set,1 bottle of haircolor that stated the color,my name, and the date it was mixed as well as what base color was used,and the date it was prepared. 1 box of accesories that included 2 sets of plastic gloves,stain remover towelette,stainguard for the skin,and conditioner. A great brush applicator as well.

The haircolor was very good,very natraul, This haircolor must be left on for 30 minutes,and 40 minutes for hard to cover gray.The color did go on well,though a bit messy,but the color of my hair was even from top to bottom. I have middle of the back hair length, but it still only took 1 bottle to get the job done.

Ease of Application
    The haircolor was as easy as any of the liquid haircolors out there,which for me, is not as easy as foam types of haircolor. It was extremely messy rinsing the haircolor out though.Even though I did the rinsing in the shower as they suggest I still had hair dye on the walls and door of the shower

Amazingly Fade Free

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

This is the best home hair color I've ever used. It has not faded at all! While I don't have much gray yet, I do have a prominent white stripe in front. I colored my hair about two months ago and I wash my hair daily. I would really like to try an auburn shade next time - I went with my true color of medium brown for my first try - because red hair color always seems to fade the fastest. Love it! Definitely worth the price.

Ease of Application
    Be warned that this hair color is very effective and plan accordingly. They do include something to help remove stains from skin. I would suggest using petroleum jelly along hairline, ears, and nape of neck as well.

• Ease of Application:

Does a great job for a specific niche

from Tampa, FL

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

If you want to color your hair and you're intimidated by both the cost of salon color and the possibilities of flubbing a home hair color job, eSalon is for you. You get an expert's hand at crafting your color along with their advice on what you should try, and while it costs more than a drugstore dye box, it is significantly less than what you would pay at the salon.

The degree to which you can customize your color is pretty cool, and you can upload a picture of yourself so that the colorist can tweak it even better. Damage was light compared to what I had previously experienced with permanent color home kits.

Ease of Application
    There are very detailed instructions included with the color along with some gloves, a hair-painting brush, and some solvents and cotton for preventing and removing those stray bits of dye that wind up on the forehead. There are also helpful tools available that you can add to your order, such as a smock, a bowl, and sectioning clips.

• Ease of Application:

This is just as good as the salon brand

from Warren, OH

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

I happen to see this company in an email and decided to try it and I'm GLAD that I did. All I had to do was go to their website and upload a photo of what my hair looked like. Then I chose the color I wanted from their website. They have professional colorist on staff that will tell you if the color you choose will work or not. Like I was a Redhead and I wanted caramel colored hair. The colorist recommended I have it done professional first because red hair is very hard to go to a darker color(in other words,it'd very stubborn to dye) So I took her advice and had it done by a professional and when it was time to have it redone,I went to e salon. I let them know I did have it stripped and dyed professionally, and I uploaded a picture of what it looked like and then chose a color I wanted. About a week or so later I received the kit in the mail,I had a friend dye it for me and I LOVED it. I got more compliments from the E salon color then I did when I had it done professionally . I will NEVER buy a boxed brand at the stores EVER again.

Ease of Application
    I have really long hair and I am left handed. When I have tried to dye my hair it feels backwards to me and can be difficult. Like I'm missing spots and have too much in other spots(I think some left handed people can relate to what I am saying

• Ease of Application:

eSalon is the best haircoloring product I have every used.

from Houston, TX

Comments about eSalon Custom Formulated Haircolor:

I loved how the product made my hair feel after the application. It is easy to apply and covers your grey hairs 100%. After 3 weeks still not grey hairs showing. Which makes me very happy, usually with store bought color after a week they start to show. The hair color that I received in my first shipment was darker that expected, but their customer service is great! They helped me adjust my next application to the color that I want to achieve. In a time where great customer service is almost non existent, they excel at it. I am pleased with the overall experience with e salon and their company, and highly recommend their product.

Covers and last longer that I expected, now I don't have to color as often. Love it!

Ease of Application
    It is so easy, and more pleasant that coloring with store bought hair color. There is no horrible smell or dripping.