View more desktops

eMachines
W4885
eMachines PC Desktop Computer

eMachines PC Desktop Computer

This computer has its ups and downs, but overall is great!

from Lakewood, CO

Comments about eMachines PC Desktop Computer:

This was a PC that was given to me some time ago from one of my close cousins. She couldn't get rid of a virus on it, so I took it and reformatted the hard drive, reloaded the OS and to date it still runs very well. Here are some of the pros that I like about it: It comes with factory loaded 512MB Ram, the optical drive is a combo DVD/CDRW drive (I'll get to that later), and it has memory card ports on the front for several major camera memory cards like SD, MicroSD, MMC and a few others which are all paired along the same line with a front USB port which I use very frequently. The front also has a Microphone and headphone port, though I don't use them because the ports have become unstable and need to be secured on the inside.

So now the cons: It does have limited capacity for upgrading the memory, and although you can install a secondary hard disk and CD ROM drive, it still will not improve performance. And although I've played games on this PC like World of Warcraft and Counter-Strike, it's not recommended to play games on this machine.

Overall the PC is good for general use like word processing/productivity, email, and general web surfing. My advice is that if you're gonna buy this PC, give it to someone who's a beginner to intermediate user like a child or a teenager.