View more desktops
Other Desktops:
eMachines PC Desktop Computer

eMachines PC Desktop Computer

This computer has its ups and downs, but overall is great!

from Lakewood, CO

Comments about eMachines PC Desktop Computer:

This was a PC that was given to me some time ago from one of my close cousins. She couldn't get rid of a virus on it, so I took it and reformatted the hard drive, reloaded the OS and to date it still runs very well. Here are some of the pros that I like about it: It comes with factory loaded 512MB Ram, the optical drive is a combo DVD/CDRW drive (I'll get to that later), and it has memory card ports on the front for several major camera memory cards like SD, MicroSD, MMC and a few others which are all paired along the same line with a front USB port which I use very frequently. The front also has a Microphone and headphone port, though I don't use them because the ports have become unstable and need to be secured on the inside.

So now the cons: It does have limited capacity for upgrading the memory, and although you can install a secondary hard disk and CD ROM drive, it still will not improve performance. And although I've played games on this PC like World of Warcraft and Counter-Strike, it's not recommended to play games on this machine.

Overall the PC is good for general use like word processing/productivity, email, and general web surfing. My advice is that if you're gonna buy this PC, give it to someone who's a beginner to intermediate user like a child or a teenager.